questions on wait 4 me tune
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, questions on wait 4 me tune in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; im an auto and cant deal with the sport mode hitting the limiter before I can shift 1-2...it makes first ...
    sharky1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

questions on wait 4 me tune

im an auto and cant deal with the sport mode hitting the limiter before I can shift 1-2...it makes first useless...does the tune address that, or do u have to request it? Also im easily frustrated with products these days, and customer service ( lack of ) .so, i've read so many posts from peeps that had trouble installing it, how can I insure I get it right the first time? And is there atune just for the trans, or is it a package, engine/trans? Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: questions on wait 4 me tune

I believe you would have to discuss this with tuner and see if that can tuned out without affecting the performnce after it shifts out of 1st. I have been told by Kesse that he can do whatever you want. I believe unless you are willing to run the risk of frustration before it is right, you should not attempt a tune. Part of tuning is the fact that some trial and error is required to get the tune specific for your car. I a, sure jesse can just mod the trans as the handheld uploads ecm and trans tunes.

Perhaps a tuner will chime in and be more helpful and specific

CPVee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sharky1 View Post
    im an auto and cant deal with the sport mode hitting the limiter before I can shift 1-2...it makes first useless...does the tune address that, or do u have to request it? Also im easily frustrated with products these days, and customer service ( lack of ) .so, i've read so many posts from peeps that had trouble installing it, how can I insure I get it right the first time? And is there atune just for the trans, or is it a package, engine/trans? Thx
    I share your frustration with the manual mode. I bought 160 T-stat, extra Intercooler Heat exhanger, 3" exhaust, partial CAI and the lower pulley from Jesse. I requested that he fix the 1-2 manual shift so it would shift up at max RPM. I reeived three tunes from him; Max, Mild and Race. Mild is the same engine tune but also provides the ability to start in 1st Manual and have the transmission shift into 2nd at ~6200 RPM before the fuel shutoff kicks in. The rest of the Transmission tune is less agressive (shifts from 4th to 5th at 5700 RPM) than the Max tune. I find myself driving in Sport most of the time. If I use the Manual mode I can switch back to Sport by either quickly moving the shift lever left then right, or by holding the upshift button for 6 secs.

Hope this helps.

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by sharky1 View Post
    So you are describing manual mode shifting. Yes, I have to agree it is frustrating having to know to shift a full second before you are at redline. I did read that Jesse tuned a vehicle to shift when redline is hit during manual mode, but you have to tell him you want that. His normal tunes do not do that.

Umrswimr is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CTSV4now View Post
    So you are describing manual mode shifting. Yes, I have to agree it is frustrating having to know to shift a full second before you are at redline. I did read that Jesse tuned a vehicle to shift when redline is hit during manual mode, but you have to tell him you want that. His normal tunes do not do that.
    I'm not sure why the stock tune isn't done this way? IMHO, manual mode should let you have full control of the gear selections UNTIL you hit the redline. At that point, it upshifts. This was my primary complaint with the auto when I test drove it and my reason for buying the manual gearbox.

CPVee is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Umrswimr View Post
    I'm not sure why the stock tune isn't done this way? IMHO, manual mode should let you have full control of the gear selections UNTIL you hit the redline. At that point, it upshifts. This was my primary complaint with the auto when I test drove it and my reason for buying the manual gearbox.
    I totally agree. I had several AMG cars before (Sl55, SL65, S55 and S65) and they all upshift at redline when Manual is selected. The only time the engine power is reduced is when the tires break loose on launch.

The other programming peeve I have is the fact that the seat returns to driving position as soon as I open the door. So, ease of exit but NO ease of entry.

wait4me is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Anything that is requested i can do, EXCEPT things that will damage or change the longevity in a negitive way. I have a lot of control, but the transmission itself in stock form is not so tough when certain things would be changed. I agree, the stock settings for the stuff needs to be changed, I like the sport mode after the tune. It makes it alot more aggressive when on the track.

demorgan59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My complaint (If you want to call it that) is that the upshifts in manual mode still have way too much lag. To me, manual mode is manual mode. When you move the lever or press the shift button it should shift RIGHT NOW with no time lag. The downshifts are much more immediate in their response.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.