KPE Cold Air Intake
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KPE Cold Air Intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. The first CTS-V intake to feature injection ...
    KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

KPE Cold Air Intake

Designed to draw cold air and fit with the factory engine bay trim. The first CTS-V intake to feature injection molded plastic tube and large filter protected in sealed powdercoated aluminum box. Makes 24 RWHP on a stock motor and even more with other modifications.

Cadillac CTS-V Air Intake
    Part # 31301
    Price: $418.00 USD

Dyno Sheet:

Installation Instructions PDF

Bob
    Korkar Performance Engineering
    www.kpe-products.com

888-222-4291

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

irablumberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Re: KPE Cold Air Intake

Looks great. I had an Airaid intake on my 2008 C6. It worked well and at least by the calibrated butt-o-meter felt quite effective.

Install looks a bit involved just because of the very cramped space. I'd love to hear some initial user reviews, but this is likely on my to buy list in the next 6 months.

Ira

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Looks awesome! Nice work, thanks.

Ross L is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

Sooo tempting,,,,,,,,,looks factory,,,,,,,wife might not notice,,,,,,,,hmmmmm
    seriously, very nice looking(and performing) product!

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Don't mean to -- -- but how do people compare Airaid filters to K&N? Are they both oiled? I've had K&N's on various cars over the years and have frankly mixed feelings about them. I understand all of the technical reasons why this is highly unlikely, but I still think that an improperly oiled set of K&N's damaged the MAF in my E500. Then again, I had a K&N CAI installed on my 2001 Bullitt Mustang and it was awesome; flawless performance for the 40,000+ miles I owned that car. I'm very interested in a CAI for my V, but need to work through this issue in my own mind.

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

Quote Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
    Don't mean to -- -- but how do people compare Airaid filters to K&N? Are they both oiled? I've had K&N's on various cars over the years and have frankly mixed feelings about them. I understand all of the technical reasons why this is highly unlikely, but I still think that an improperly oiled set of K&N's damaged the MAF in my E500. Then again, I had a K&N CAI installed on my 2001 Bullitt Mustang and it was awesome; flawless performance for the 40,000+ miles I owned that car. I'm very interested in a CAI for my V, but need to work through this issue in my own mind.
    Over the years, I have used many K&N oil impregnated air filters on many different cars and never had a failure. However, with the invent of MAF's things have changed, warranty repair requirements have tightened up considerable, and money does not flow like it used to. When using a K & N air filter, especially in connection with any MAF, I will only use a brand new factory fresh K & N and toss it when it is dirty or needs replacement. IMHO.

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
    Looks great. I had an Airaid intake on my 2008 C6. It worked well and at least by the calibrated butt-o-meter felt quite effective.

Install looks a bit involved just because of the very cramped space. I'd love to hear some initial user reviews, but this is likely on my to buy list in the next 6 months.

Ira
    Here are some Feedback from customers who have installed our Air Intake:

Quote Originally Posted by vett1002 View Post
    do it....its amazing looks great and most important does wonders for the car
    Quote Originally Posted by bouser View Post
    Yeah what he said
    Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumseeker View Post
    +1 Highly recommend

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

^ you can add me to that list. I just installed it today. The high quality of design can't be appreciated by pictures. When throwing it in you can really see that KPE did their homework on what works for the highest flow with the lowest amount of introduced radiant heat. I should have some dyno #'s in the next week or so

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    ^ you can add me to that list. I just installed it today. The high quality of design can't be appreciated by pictures. When throwing it in you can really see that KPE did their homework on what works for the highest flow with the lowest amount of introduced radiant heat. I should have some dyno #'s in the next week or so
    Awesome, Thank you for your review!!

For the highest dyno #'s drive your CTS-V about 40 miles to allow the ECU to re callibrate.

Bob
    www.kpe-products.com

888-222-4291

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Quote Originally Posted by KPE View Post

For the highest dyno #'s drive your CTS-V about 40 miles to allow the ECU to re callibrate.

Bob
    www.kpe-products.com

888-222-4291

lol, that wont be a problem, i usually put on 100+ a day.

lawnstripes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Srx/09 Cts/10 Cts V

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    Razorecko- are you doing a tune as well or just seeing what the intake adds/ a/f ratio is good?

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by KPE View Post

Bob
    www.kpe-products.com

888-222-4291

Bob,

One question - what type of filter is included in the kit? I hope it's not the oiled type, due to reports that oiled filters can cause problems with MAF sensors.

Thanks.

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by lawnstripes View Post
    Razorecko- are you doing a tune as well or just seeing what the intake adds/ a/f ratio is good?
    just seeing what the straight intake does w/out a tune. Throwing a tune in there would never show true gains from a mod. It would be a dyno comparison to a drop in k&n filter as i never dyno'd with an oem filter.

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by RapidRob View Post
    Bob,

One question - what type of filter is included in the kit? I hope it's not the oiled type, due to reports that oiled filters can cause problems with MAF sensors.

Thanks.

Rob
    Hi Rob,
    The filter is made by AIRAID. It is a cotton gauze element and is oiled. If a cotton gauze filter is oiled properly after it is cleaned, then there are no issues with MAF sensors. I have always used the oil sparingly after cleaning. I’ve used K&N, S&B, BMC, & AIRAID filters (all cotton gauze) on a wide variety of vehicles for many years and never had a problem with a MAF sensor.

Best regards,

Bob

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Why doesn't anyone ever use AMSOIL air filters? No oil crap. I wonder if I could order the CAI without a filter with a discount for no filter. Then I might just get a AMSOIL filter that would fit.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.