KPE Cold Air Intake - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KPE Cold Air Intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; First, thank you Bob for the information. I will check into the specs on that filter and see for myself ...
    IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Re: KPE Cold Air Intake

First, thank you Bob for the information. I will check into the specs on that filter and see for myself what non-oiled alternatives may exist.

Second, my concern is not (and never was) a "no filter discount" and I suspect that's probably true of the others that raised the issue of non-oiled alternatives.

Finally, I don't think that inquiring about specs qualifies as expecting anyone to accomodate whims. That was certainly not my intention in any event, and my apologies if it seemed otherwise.

KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
    First, thank you Bob for the information. I will check into the specs on that filter and see for myself what non-oiled alternatives may exist.

Second, my concern is not (and never was) a "no filter discount" and I suspect that's probably true of the others that raised the issue of non-oiled alternatives.

Finally, I don't think that inquiring about specs qualifies as expecting anyone to accomodate whims. That was certainly not my intention in any event, and my apologies if it seemed otherwise.
    You are welcome IBNR!

Best regards,

Bob

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

TMC CL65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V '09 GT-R

Quote Originally Posted by IBNR View Post

No need to apologize. I wasn't accusing anyone of anything. I just thought we should give vendors the same benefit/respect we would like accorded to us in our chosen fields.

I have a solution for all those who want to change to a non-oiled filter. Just sell your Air Raid filters to the other members here. I view the oiled filters as disposable (as others do to) as I don't trust myself to properly re-oil them. I would be willing to take at least one off of someone's hands (I would have to check on the replacement price). I am sure others will do the same. I think that works out for all parties involved.

Tom

lawnstripes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Srx/09 Cts/10 Cts V

well put (above)-- either way still a sweet intake

Jeffrey is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by TMC CL65 View Post
    I view the oiled filters as disposable (as others do to) as I don't trust myself to properly re-oil them.

Tom
    Hi Tom,

I've never tried to re-oil one. How difficult is it to do it correctly?

I hope KPE, and other CF members, will also express their opinion/experiences on this matter. I don't want to do something that might hurt my V.

Best regards,
    Jeffrey

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey View Post
    I hope KPE, and other CF members, will also express their opinion/experiences on this matter. I don't want to do something that might hurt my V.
    I've been running oiled filters on my MAF sensor equipped cars for years with ZERO issues (including the oiled filter I'm currently running on my V). As far as oiling, I think many people have a tendency to over-oil the filter. In trying to oil up every little section of filter, they overlap many sections they've already oiled and those sections become very wet with excess oil (I've done it myself in the past).

If it makes you feel more comfortable, just like a dry filter you could always just replace the filter instead of re-oiling it (as one member already suggested). I usually get my filters from S&B Filters and they're cheap enough to just replace if need be. I haven't had to replace the one on my "V" yet and haven't even looked at the size (full W4M setup), but the size I use on the Cobra (4" inlet, 12" length, etc.) is ~$45. Personally, I only re-oil the filter once. The next time it's dirty, I usually replace it.

TMC CL65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V '09 GT-R

Hi Tom,

Best regards,
    Jeffrey
    I only re-oiled a filter once on my C&L MAF CAI for my '96 Cobra. At the time people weren't too aware of the impact of excess oil screwing up the MAF. Thinking back I probably over-oiled it. Luckily I never ran into any MAF problems. Since then I have installed oil filters on my '02 M5, Jeep GC SRT8 and CL65 without any problems at all. The oiled air filters are still relatively cheap to replace. If you replaced the oiled air filters every year it would still only set you back $50-$70. To me that is a no-brainer when weighed against the increased dangers of over-oiling a filter.

Tom

KPE

Hi Tom,

Best regards,
    Jeffrey
    Hi Jeffrey, Cleaning and re oilng a dirty filter is simple. Here are the instructions:

Bob
    Korkar Performance Engineering
    www.kpe-products.com

888-222-4291

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

specld is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Cool Re: KPE Cold Air Intake

Just my 2 cents
    Volant NOW makes a NO oiled system. I called Vollant and they do no plan to come out with a system for our CTS-V until the first of the year, Iplan to call to get the dementions on the non oiled filter and see if it can slip over the system you guise are talking about. I will let you all know.

specld

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Here is the cleaning and oiling instructions for K&N.
    http://www.knfilters.com/instructions/18627A_inst.pdf

I used to oil my own filters on my m6 and 300c srt8. I would let the material dry overnight when cleaning and then let the material dry overnight when oiling. I also would gently wipe it down with a paper towel. I always have a spare filter to swap while the other one sits over a period of 6 months or so.

Now I just replace with a new one, like Tom has suggested.
    An oiling kit is $10.00 plus shipping and a new filter for my CAI is $60.00, which I pickup at the auto store.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by KPE View Post
    anonfrank,
    We have changed credit card merchant accounts and are trying to update the shopping cart now.

Best regards,

Bob
    No worries mate. Sometimes it's just easier to pick up the phone, this is one of those times.

As far as the oiled filter thing.....I would probably just replace the whole filter after soiling, given this car's propensity toward MAP troubles (and subsequent warranty voiding) after re-oiling filters. Bob, that's the reason for peoples' concern about swapping out for a dry filter. Totally respect your decision about what to sell, and the intake still seems like an excellent one to me.

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by anonfrank View Post
    No worries mate. Sometimes it's just easier to pick up the phone, this is one of those times.

As far as the oiled filter thing.....I would probably just replace the whole filter after soiling, given this car's propensity toward MAP troubles (and subsequent warranty voiding) after re-oiling filters. Bob, that's the reason for peoples' concern about swapping out for a dry filter. Totally respect your decision about what to sell, and the intake still seems like an excellent one to me.
    Thank you anonfrank!

Best regards,

Bob

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Ross L is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 cts-v

I feel like I've gone back 20 years in time on the mustang Forum with all the talk on oiled filters. IMO it's really a no brainer. Wash it, dry it, lightly oil it, reinstall it. Never a issue. Good luck !

vett1002 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS V, 2006 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by Ross L View Post
    I feel like I've gone back 20 years in time on the mustang Forum with all the talk on oiled filters. IMO it's really a no brainer. Wash it, dry it, lightly oil it, reinstall it. Never a issue. Good luck !
    i agree its really not an issue

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

KPE - Group Buy possibly? I would be in.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.