KPE Cold Air Intake - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, KPE Cold Air Intake in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; KPE: is there an Amsoil cellulose filter that will work with your system? Or would you mind publishing the specs ...
    GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Re: KPE Cold Air Intake

KPE: is there an Amsoil cellulose filter that will work with your system? Or would you mind publishing the specs of your Airaid element so those of us that would rather not run an oiled element can cross-reference one? Thanks!

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

^^^

+1, please!

irablumberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I tried to order one of these kits and the website reports an error condition when I try to check out. I tried earlier today and just now. Hope this is fixed soon as I'd like to purchase.

Ira

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Quote Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
    I tried to order one of these kits and the website reports an error condition when I try to check out. I tried earlier today and just now. Hope this is fixed soon as I'd like to purchase.

Ira
    You have to call them. The website is always on the fritz. And about the oil on the filters. I always dab mine out with a clean cotton rag when i get them. If oil gets on them that they are over oiled if not they are good to go. Most of the problems come when somebody cleans them after a few miles, heavily over oils them and drops them back in.

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

I tried to order via the website as well, it sucks. Will have to call.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    KPE: is there an Amsoil cellulose filter that will work with your system? Or would you mind publishing the specs of your Airaid element so those of us that would rather not run an oiled element can cross-reference one? Thanks!
    I was wondering the same as well. I've never ran with an Airaid filter and searching on the internet trying to see how Airaid compares to other filters I find inconclusive reuslts. My CAI is supposed to be here Wed. so I may give Bob at KPE a call and see if he knows the cross refrence info.

lawnstripes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Srx/09 Cts/10 Cts V

I've already asked......... I really like the AFE Pro Guard S (dry) filters (even better then the Amsoil ones -IMHO) . there are no matching numbers that I was able to find in a quick search

Airaid Pn : 700-495
    Bob will not sell without airfilter/discount (as of right now)

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Ditto!

Hoping that the AMSOIL EaAU4090 non-oiled cone filter, or similar, would work with the KPE CAI.

Check it out: http://www.amsoil.com/storefront/eaau.aspx

Rob

RemoWilliams is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

^^^^
    +1 - That's what I am hoping would work on the CAI.

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

Those Amsoil EaAU's look nice! They make a bunch, so hopefully one would fit here.

That said, I'm a bit disappointed that KPE has not chimed in on this point. If they don't want to sell their CAI without a filter and discount it accordingly that's their choice I suppose, but at least provide the specs on the filter so buyers can make their own choice about what to actually install. I understand and respect KPE's comments on oiled filters but that's ultimately not the point -- plenty of people (me included) are not entirely comfortable with them for a variety of reasons, and clearly very high-quality alternatives are out there on the market. But if there's not a viable choice for a non-oiled filter that will fit on this unit then I'll just move on.

KPE
    KPE is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Wagon, 2010 CTS Sportwagon, 2013 ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by IBNR View Post
    Those Amsoil EaAU's look nice! They make a bunch, so hopefully one would fit here.

That said, I'm a bit disappointed that KPE has not chimed in on this point. If they don't want to sell their CAI without a filter and discount it accordingly that's their choice I suppose, but at least provide the specs on the filter so buyers can make their own choice about what to actually install. I understand and respect KPE's comments on oiled filters but that's ultimately not the point -- plenty of people (me included) are not entirely comfortable with them for a variety of reasons, and clearly very high-quality alternatives are out there on the market. But if there's not a viable choice for a non-oiled filter that will fit on this unit then I'll just move on.
    IBNR,
    It's AIRAID P/N 700-495. You can contact them direct for any specs that you need for their filter here:

2688 E Rose Garden Ln.
    Phoenix, AZ 85050
    M-F 8:00am-5:00pm Mountain Standard Time

Toll Free: 888.876.8984
    Phone: 602.443.3333
    Fax: 602.652.9801

Best regards,

Bob

IPF Tuning - KPE Products
    888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by anonfrank View Post
    I tried to order via the website as well, it sucks. Will have to call.
    anonfrank,
    We have changed credit card merchant accounts and are trying to update the shopping cart now.

Best regards,

Bob

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

TMC CL65 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V '09 GT-R

I can understand KPE's reluctance to get involved in this discussion about using another filter. I imagine that they haven't tested any other non-oiled filters. Also, I am sure they are getting the parts from Air Raid as a complete kit (filter included). The "no filter discount" would screw with their whole cost structure of their kit. I would expect as with 95% of other vendors, that this is their product, take it or leave it. We all don't like it when people/customers/clients try to mess with how we organize our things at our own respective places or work/business. We should be mindful of that when we expect others to accommodate our every whim.

Tom

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

^ not only that but if a customer uses some kind of cheaply made generic filter and something should go wrong KPE shouldnt have to be held accountable which is totally reasonable.

KPE

Quote Originally Posted by TMC CL65 View Post
    I can understand KPE's reluctance to get involved in this discussion about using another filter. I imagine that they haven't tested any other non-oiled filters. Also, I am sure they are getting the parts from Air Raid as a complete kit (filter included). The "no filter discount" would screw with their whole cost structure of their kit. I would expect as with 95% of other vendors, that this is their product, take it or leave it. We all don't like it when people/customers/clients try to mess with how we organize our things at our own respective places or work/business. We should be mindful of that when we expect others to accommodate our every whim.

Tom
    Thank you Tom for your perspective on this subject, you are very correct Sir!!

Best regards,

Bob

888.222.4291 Office
    Sales@KPE-Products.com
    www.KPE-Products.com
    www.IPF-Tuning.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.