Hennessey Intercooler Upgrade
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Intercooler Upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Has anybody seen or installed one of these: http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/inuphex.html It looks like the one Wait4Me Performance offers, so I'm curious ...
    GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Hennessey Intercooler Upgrade

Has anybody seen or installed one of these: http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/inuphex.html

It looks like the one Wait4Me Performance offers, so I'm curious about how it mounts, etc.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Re: Hennessey Intercooler Upgrade

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Has anybody seen or installed one of these: http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com/inuphex.html

It looks like the one Wait4Me Performance offers, so I'm curious about how it mounts, etc.
    Hennessey most likely buys them from w4me and sells them for more.

Ross Racing is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

It looks pretty big. Kind of what I am looking for. Is Wait4Me's that size. Hennessey might sell one if they put more pics and at least a little info.

09V
    09V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS V

I had contacted Hennessey to get details on this exchanger and they couldn't give me specifics on how much it lowered IATs, but they claimed it made a great deal of horsepower. That isn't what I was necessarily interested in. I realize that with all other mods remaining the same and adding this exchanger cooled things off dramatically then horsepower would be a by-product due to running more efficiently. However, they did it in conjunction with other mods and couldn't give specifics for this item.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It looks smaller than wait4me and fastlanes. Top edges of Hennesseys appear curved in photo. I too would be interested in knowing if Hennessey's have mounts. Mine did not but is very secure and centered. The coolant hoses and underside clip holds it in place with no movement at all. I paid $400 for mine. Originally was off center installed then vseries thread got me off my butt and I bought an "S" curved coolant hose. Vseries used 2 "U" curved hoses connected to accomplish the same install.

Hennessey

Fastlane

Wait4me

Hmm, you're right, the Hennessey unit does look about a half a grille row shorter (although there's about a half-row difference between the two Wait4Me pics also). Forgot about the Fastlane unit--thanks for that. Looks intere$ting...

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

I think an inline solution kind of defeats the purpose. Think we would be better served replacing the stock one with something a lot better.

I had a hard time with that also. The only way I can rationalize it is to think of it like a dual-row radiator, where one row is behind the other. It must be all about increasing the radiative surface area (as well as coolant volume).

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

I concur with CadV. D3 has an Intercooler Reservior upgrade that I am considering.

Is this the D3 system you are referring to? Anyone know the difference in fluid added between W4me and D3? Also, price difference?

Reservoir Upgrade
    Heat Exchanger Upgrade
    Application: 2009+ CTS-V
    By adding the D3 Intercooler Reservoir you will effectively increase the total fluid capacity to 5.4 quarts. This will help stave off heat soak and reduce your average fluid temperature. It will also help provide you with much more consistent performance in hot weather. By adding more fluid to the system, the compressed air going through the intercooler will only be able to transfer its heat to a smaller percentage of the fluid cooling the air charge. This item comes in a wrinkle black military spec powder coat finish with mounting brackets for easy installation. This product installs using provided hardware without drilling or cutting. The low gloss black finish keeps this modification very low key when mounted behind the wire mesh grill. No permanent modifications are required for the installation of this unit.

According to the service manual, the stock charge cooling system holds 2.4 quarts. Wait4Me says his intercooler adds a gallon, so total capacity would be 6.4 quarts.

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    Is this the D3 system you are referring to? Anyone know the difference in fluid added between W4me and D3? Also, price difference?

Reservoir Upgrade
    Heat Exchanger Upgrade
    Application: 2009+ CTS-V
    By adding the D3 Intercooler Reservoir you will effectively increase the total fluid capacity to 5.4 quarts. This will help stave off heat soak and reduce your average fluid temperature. It will also help provide you with much more consistent performance in hot weather. By adding more fluid to the system, the compressed air going through the intercooler will only be able to transfer its heat to a smaller percentage of the fluid cooling the air charge. This item comes in a wrinkle black military spec powder coat finish with mounting brackets for easy installation. This product installs using provided hardware without drilling or cutting. The low gloss black finish keeps this modification very low key when mounted behind the wire mesh grill. No permanent modifications are required for the installation of this unit.

Yes, Pricing for the D3 Reservior upgrade is $550.00. Add their heat exchange upgrade and you tack on another $500.00. W4Me's heat exhanger is $400.00. Can't really tell from the D3's pics but it looks like their heat exchanger upgrade is smaller. Trying to confirm today.

BTW: Isn't Fastlane's Heat exchanger upgrade a direct replacement and not an add-on like W4ME or D3?

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

Quote Originally Posted by Titaniumseeker View Post
    Yes, Pricing for the D3 Reservior upgrade is $550.00. Add their heat exchange upgrade and you tack on another $500.00. W4Me's heat exhanger is $400.00. Can't really tell from the D3's pics but it looks like their heat exchanger upgrade is smaller. Trying to confirm today.

BTW: Isn't Fastlane's Heat exchanger upgrade a direct replacement and not an add-on like W4ME or D3?
    Yeah Fastlane replaces the stock unit.

If Fastlane is a replacement, seems to me the heat exchanger from w4me would do the best job. Thoughts?

wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Mine can be a direct replace or inline. There is nothing keeping you from using both. But using both is better.

Mine is a dual pass unit, we make them here. The benefits when used with the stock unit are:
    The water gets passed thru and cooled 3 times before it gets back to the intake intercooler.
    It adds a ton of water volume that is constantly in airflow to cool itself down.
    The faster you go, the cooler your air charge temps get.
    The TOTAL front of the lower grill is used for maximum thermal heat transfer.
    It is the exact size of the free space of the bumper so no mounting tabs are required.
    Im using the thickest high density core i can get so it is going to work the best.

Who cares about a resovoir if it isn't being cooled what is the point? The added volume would take a little longer to heat up, but once it does heat up, it takes even longer to get rid of the heat. That is why i dont make or offer one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.