Hennessey Intercooler Upgrade - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Hennessey Intercooler Upgrade in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Fastlane's Heat Exchanger is a direct replacement for the stock and costs $989.00 Their system will increase the cooling system ...
    Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Re: Hennessey Intercooler Upgrade

Fastlane's Heat Exchanger is a direct replacement for the stock and costs $989.00 Their system will increase the cooling system capacity from stock 2.4 qts to 3.0 qts. W4Me's add-on is 4.0 qts capacity, can give you 6.4 capacity and can also be a direct replacement for $400.00. It would seem to me that the add-on configuration by W4Me is the best value.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Heard from Hennessey; they said their heat exchanger "utilizes the stock hoses and fittings," so I assume this means it is also a replacement vs. an add-on. It "adds 1.25 quarts estimated," which would bring total system capacity to around 3.7 quarts.

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    Actually that is our other system. We have a new system in the works, that we will release data on next week along with images. But we can tell you this, there isnt anything thing on the market like it...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by cbloveday View Post
    Is this the D3 system you are referring to? Anyone know the difference in fluid added between W4me and D3? Also, price difference?

Reservoir Upgrade
    Heat Exchanger Upgrade
    Application: 2009+ CTS-V
    By adding the D3 Intercooler Reservoir you will effectively increase the total fluid capacity to 5.4 quarts. This will help stave off heat soak and reduce your average fluid temperature. It will also help provide you with much more consistent performance in hot weather. By adding more fluid to the system, the compressed air going through the intercooler will only be able to transfer its heat to a smaller percentage of the fluid cooling the air charge. This item comes in a wrinkle black military spec powder coat finish with mounting brackets for easy installation. This product installs using provided hardware without drilling or cutting. The low gloss black finish keeps this modification very low key when mounted behind the wire mesh grill. No permanent modifications are required for the installation of this unit.

lawnstripes is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05 Srx/09 Cts/10 Cts V

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Design View Post
    Hello,
    Actually that is our other system. We have a new system in the works, that we will release data on next week along with images. But we can tell you this, there isnt anything thing on the market like it...

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac
    NO LITTLE hints Dr D. of what to expect ?

mfrazstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2009 Escalade ESV

Dr D
    I don't see any new heat exchanger on your website. Is this still going to happen?

Dr. Design is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): STS, XLR, STS V-Series, CTS V-Series, XTS....

Hello,
    Sorry forgot this was posted. We are launching a new website so none of the marketing materials have been released yet, and will not be on the website until it has been launched.

But I can give some details....

The new cooler holds 1.2 Gallons!!! That's just in the exchanger, no lines.

On a CTS-V making 13 psi the IAT2 temps were 105 on average in socal on a 85 degree day.

We even have an optional upgrade intercooler pump that will supply 20GPM.

We are building these now and you can place an order. info@d3cadillac.com

Thank you,

Dr. Design
    D3 Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by mfrazstsv View Post
    Dr D
    I don't see any new heat exchanger on your website. Is this still going to happen?

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Cost?

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Subscribed and waiting for pics of system.

mfrazstsv is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V, 2009 Escalade ESV

Can only echo the posts of the last two members - hard to order if we don't know what it takes to install (pictures or marketing info) or cost. The 1.2 gallons sounds great, especially if it is an add-on. Glad your average SoCal day is 85 - here in Houston we are getting to mid-90's, and Dallas will be low 100's soon. Not sure about Chicago area, but I think it is fairly hot for a while in the summer. So the temps may not be so low, but it is all relative. If IAT runs about 20 degress over ambient, sounds great.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

sounds very very interesting

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.