Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by DrumStix Silly? Nah, just a reality check. The car you order might have a squeak or rattle, ...
    up4speed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Re: Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumStix View Post
    Silly? Nah, just a reality check. The car you order might have a squeak or rattle, it might not. It's also man made so it is fixable. Anything on a car can be dealt with, it just might take a shop visit or two and a couple bucks to iron it out. Hyundai's may not creak and pop but they also don't have any stones or create the kinda torque our cars do on components.
    If anything is fixable, please come over and help me fix the creak from the soft top of my convertible that I can't fix, and is still driving me a little bezerk. I asked the Porsche dealer and got the "they all do that" response. Not the answer I was looking for. Also not the answer I am looking for if I get the V. Like I said, if all the issues mentioned, are in fact fixable, then I will be more accepting of minor flaws.

"Hyundai's may not creak and pop but they also don't have any stones or create the kinda torque our cars do on components"

True, but the chassis is designed to handle the power that they DO have. Back when I was younger and had a Mustang GT, guys were working the engines to pump out more HP and as a result were twisting the unibody and the doors would not shut properly! Fast? yes, would I do that to my car? Never. I will happily take the "slower" Mustang GT that I had, that is still useable, reliable and rattle free. I hope you see my point. If not, you will never understand quality control, engineering and precision, and no matter what I say you will not understand how I feel. Not once did I bash anyone here for willingness to accept flaws and substandard workmanship in order to get breathtaking performance at a great price. I would feel much better and also value your opinions (which is why I came here in the first place) if you can see my needs in this car as well. I am not looking for perfection at that price, I just want to make sure I am willing to accept it's "character flaws" before I plunk down $70K.

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Here we go again...

Seattle CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V (sold)

My '05 Cayenne Turbo has this annoying rattle under the center console that pops up all the time and it drives me crazy. I also get a random squeak from the passenger front door. This thing cost (the first owner) over $100k!

digital1021 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)

While the Panamera is cool from an engineering stand point, and I have heard they drive surprisingly well, the Panamera that beat the CTS-V was a fully optioned Turbo S with Sports Crono and Ceramic Breaks. If I remember correctly that puts it at about $145K. No one will argue that the car is quicker around the ring, from 0-60, 0-100, or the 1/4 mile, I believe there was some proof about a month ago that the V was quicker to 0-150 and 65-130 buy 2-4 seconds.

I think we have told you about all we can, I believe its time you go test drive one. We can sit here for the next two weeks, talking about it, but if you don't go look at them there is no point to any of it. The wheel clicking is fixed with a TSB, it should have been taken care of on the 2010-2011 cars. If the dealer took the wheels off for any reason and didn't retorque the wheels appropriately, the TSB might need to be done again. Sun Roof creaks, there was a batch of bad rails, some of them where replace on owners cars to fix the problem. On other cars its just the trim around the Sun Roof isn't fully seated. Most if not all of the creaks can be fixed with a trip to the dealer. If you notice there are some people on our board that have creaks in the car, but haven't ever tried to take it to the dealer. Some of the more remote areas have some dealers that aren't really aware of the car and what it is.

~ Matt M.

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by up4speed View Post
    If anything is fixable, please come over and help me fix the creak from the soft top of my convertible that I can't fix, and is still driving me a little bezerk. I asked the Porsche dealer and got the "they all do that" response. Not the answer I was looking for. Also not the answer I am looking for if I get the V. Like I said, if all the issues mentioned, are in fact fixable, then I will be more accepting of minor flaws.

"Hyundai's may not creak and pop but they also don't have any stones or create the kinda torque our cars do on components"

True, but the chassis is designed to handle the power that they DO have. Back when I was younger and had a Mustang GT, guys were working the engines to pump out more HP and as a result were twisting the unibody and the doors would not shut properly! Fast? yes, would I do that to my car? Never. I will happily take the "slower" Mustang GT that I had, that is still useable, reliable and rattle free. I hope you see my point. If not, you will never understand quality control, engineering and precision, and no matter what I say you will not understand how I feel. Not once did I bash anyone here for willingness to accept flaws and substandard workmanship in order to get breathtaking performance at a great price. I would feel much better and also value your opinions (which is why I came here in the first place) if you can see my needs in this car as well. I am not looking for perfection at that price, I just want to make sure I am willing to accept it's "character flaws" before I plunk down $70K.
    Drumstix understands quality control, precision and all that jazz. I'm detail oriented ALMOST to a flaw and I would hate chasing new creaks and rattles every Saturday morning. That said I've learned to work on stuff and chase down issues.
    Sounds like even German engineering has let you down. To me, a little white lithium on the contact points just might do the trick. Do all the guys on the poche forum complain of the same squeak? Search for a dealer that gives a crap.

I had a 5.0 making 800 HP and no squeaks. The precision engineering solution was a $100 set of subframe connectors to hold down a 357ci, 17 lbs of boost and 150 shot.

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

It's only a car, for christ's sake...
    Those of us fortunate enough to "sample" different cars will be able to add to their collective experience and call themselves "enthusiasts".
    This is by no means a permanent relationship.
    This is like deciding which movie you want to watch. You read some reviews from critics you trust and then actually go and see the movie and then decide if you liked it or not.
    Get the CTS-V and formulate your own opinion.

To the last 4 posts, you all pretty much have a good point. Thanks again for all the input. Time for a test drive to see if I like it.
    At this point, I'll assume that if the car has issues, they are fixable.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I have noticed that from my 09 V to a loaner 2010 srx that the srx is using a harder plastic guage cluster surround. I think cadillac might be getting the idea about noise and fitament tolerance.

"I have noticed that from my 09 V to a loaner 2010 srx that the srx is using a harder plastic guage cluster surround. I think cadillac might be getting the idea about noise and fitament tolerance. "

YESSSSS!!!

Maybe we can be looking at THE PERFECT CAR in the near future. I would be willing to spend a few K extra for what I consider the perfect car for me. Unfortunately the perfect car changes from person to person. They will never please everyone.

I'm anxiously waiting for my local dealer to get one in for me to test drive.

Giants84 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Hey hows it going, what dealer did you get the car from, cant use the pm's. Thanks.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.