Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; u4speed, we've tried to lay it out for you, but you won't be happy with the "V," it's too much ...
    JFJr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (TR-6060, Black Raven/Ebony, Recaros, Ultraview)

Re: Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone.

u4speed, we've tried to lay it out for you, but you won't be happy with the "V," it's too much raw performance for you. Buy the Infiniti.

digital1021 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V Coupe (Auto)

Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone.

Sorry if I came off wrong, but my point is that if you start out looking for problems in any car you will find them. I don't care if it's a Genisis, LS460, or a Rolls Royce. they all have issues if you look hard enough.

The V is very well built, any very reliable. It is a car that is perfectly happy on the streets and on the track. Few cars can make that claim, even fewer that have reliablity of the V. The drivetrain is all but bulletproof, and the electronics are well sorted. The interior has the potental for problems, but those problems aren't poor build quality, just the chance for the noise of two tight trim pieces rubbing together.

I feel that your doing yourself a disservice if you don't go and drive one. If the M56 is more to your needs, then that is the car you should get. However, it isn't in the same leauge as the V, and as such you shouldn't expect it to be as capable.

Best regards,

~ Matt M.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

up4speed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by JFJr View Post
    u4speed, we've tried to lay it out for you, but you won't be happy with the "V," it's too much raw performance for you. Buy the Infiniti.
    There is no such thing as "too much performance", but there is such thing as too many rattles! all kidding aside I've always had fast cars, not quite like the V though. I definitely have to give it a chance with a test drive before I make a final decision.

DelawareDave is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 2010 V auto and in the last three years I have had an E63, C63, M5, RS4 and a e90 M3 . . . .I also had a 09 V 6 spd manual with no recaros . . . . . you can email me at dcrowley@pettinaro.com if you want any in depth takes. My 2010 V does not have any creaks or rattles but I bought it used with 5K on the clock . . . .I do not have a problem buying used if the car checks out . . . .I did score the E63 last Sept for $67K new. It listed at $94K . . . . so you can buy a number of cars in the price range you mentioned new . . .

Some cars I only kept a few months and some a year but none of them creaked or rattled including both V's.

Your problem with noise is real to you so . . . shut up . . .turn the tunes up and hang on does not apply . . . .you are right about want and not the need . . . . so be 100% when you pull the trigger

DC

"When Parts Exceed The Whole . . . .You Have ModFever!"

thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

DelawareDave, can i ask a question about the 2 Vs? Why did u go from an 09 to 10?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by up4speed View Post
    CIWS, How was the handling and ride of the M56 compared to the V? I know the V handles better and of course faster, but how did the M56 steering / brakes etc. feel? (use Porsche or BMW as a benchmark) It's going to be my "family car" that I use every day. If I want to race around I can still use my sports car. I don't need it to be the baddest sedan on this planet! although that would be nice...LOL
    I didn't beat it to death because I wasn't ready to buy yet, but I did give it a good run around the blocks checking handling, acceleration, shifting smoothness, etc and the various tech gagetry. It is a well designed and built vehicle. However as with each individual I would recommend going and driving one for yourself, especially a sport model with the larger wheels, brakes, better suspension, and 4 wheel steering and see how You feel it is. I didn't get to try an AWD as there were none around this area. Most seem to be up north when they checked stock.

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner

There is no such thing as "too much performance", but there is such thing as too many rattles! all kidding aside I've always had fast cars, not quite like the V though. I definitely have to give it a chance with a test drive before I make a final decision.
    Stop being a ***** and drop your murse. You seriously can't handle/fix a little rattle here and there under warranty to get the car you want? "OMG, what if the console makes a squeak!!! Egads!!" This prima donna stuff pisses me off. Either you want the contents of the product based on its' merits or you need an appliance type auto... ergo the Infiniti.

That was fun.

Drumstix,
    Ok, i did not come here to start a war, so I'm not going to fall into your silly comments. But I also refuse to plunk down $70K on a car that annoys me. Just to make things clear, this is not prima donna stuff that I am talking about. As stated in my previous posts I'm actually ok with other places that they skimp in order to give that performance at a great price.......I don't think that asking too much for it to be as rattle, creak and pop free as a cheap Hyundai! Again, I do realize that I am a little unreasonable with my reaction to noises on cars. Just so you can get an idea of how I feel. Either sit in a restaurant and try to enjoy your dinner with a screaming baby at the next table (and before you say anything, yes I had kids, and I would take them out of the restaurant if they did this), or just scratch your nails on a chalk board. That's how bad it is for me!! As deleware Dave said, I love the car, but I do wan't to be 100% sure before I buy, because I will have this car a while, and I want to enjoy it. I am not unreasonable, I'm not looking for Bentley quality interior etc. But I don't think it's too much for a manufacturer of "luxury" cars to add a little felt tape between plastic pieces, if consumers keep accepting this and making excuses, these things will never get fixed!
    Now, my answer to: "You seriously can't handle/fix a little rattle here and there". If you read my prior post. I don't have too much of a problem as long as they ARE FIXABLE. I have run into rattles and creaks in the past that were not fixable, and that is back to the crying baby / chalkboard incident. So as to not drag this any longer than necessary. I need to know, did anyone have ANY rattles or creaks or itching or popping noises that they COULD NOT fix? That makes a big difference for me because if they were all fixable I will most likely take the plunge. If they weren't I still have some soul searching to do. Thanks again,
    Chris

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by DrumStix View Post
    Stop being a ***** and drop your murse. You seriously can't handle/fix a little rattle here and there under warranty to get the car you want? "OMG, what if the console makes a squeak!!! Egads!!" This prima donna stuff pisses me off. Either you want the contents of the product based on its' merits or you need an appliance type auto... ergo the Infiniti.

That was fun.
    this is the same forum where people complained about a wheel clicking? and also complained about rattles from the blower assy?

hey if you like driving a car which has fit and finish issue thats on you, but dont get mad at people when they point it out or ask for peoples honest advise on it. it is a legit concern. more so since the majority of people who posted here have issues with noises.

DelawareDave is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Thatcoder

I bought my first V2 in December of 2008 new and sold it in June of 2009 . . . .it had everything but the recaros . . . .I thought I would be able to retro fit the seats easily and did not have much luck . . . .I sold it and scored something else . . .I pulled the trigger on the 2010 auto because I knew the seller and saved about $6K off the reduced new price . . . .have several other manual cars so I thought I would give the auto a try . . . .If I got the manual V with recaros to begin with I would prob still have it.

I think the manual and the recaros is the way to go jus my 2 on it.

Oh Yeah and other reason is I have a serious car problem . . . . .

M5DriverNY may not have his V in the garage anymore by the time this thread is done because I believe he may have a car problem also . . . .

DC

"When Parts Exceed The Whole . . . .You Have ModFever!"

Caddyscat is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V, Radiant silver, Loaded, Auto

My V has 556 Hp, Recaros, seats 5 people, It's fast as hell, the engine makes noise when I stomp the gas pedal and you don't hear me complaining.
    All cars make noise for Christ's sake! ENOUGH ALREADY! I didn't buy the car on the notion it would be noise free, It has a crapload of torque, that's why I bought it! You don't buy the worlds fastest 4 door sedan and complain about noise. Silliness. Turn the music up if the squeaks bother you!

Drumstix,
    Ok, i did not come here to start a war, so I'm not going to fall into your silly comments. But I also refuse to plunk down $70K on a car that annoys me. Just to make things clear, this is not prima donna stuff that I am talking about. As stated in my previous posts I'm actually ok with other places that they skimp in order to give that performance at a great price.......I don't think that asking too much for it to be as rattle, creak and pop free as a cheap Hyundai! Again, I do realize that I am a little unreasonable with my reaction to noises on cars. Just so you can get an idea of how I feel. Either sit in a restaurant and try to enjoy your dinner with a screaming baby at the next table (and before you say anything, yes I had kids, and I would take them out of the restaurant if they did this), or just scratch your nails on a chalk board. That's how bad it is for me!! As deleware Dave said, I love the car, but I do wan't to be 100% sure before I buy, because I will have this car a while, and I want to enjoy it. I am not unreasonable, I'm not looking for Bentley quality interior etc. But I don't think it's too much for a manufacturer of "luxury" cars to add a little felt tape between plastic pieces, if consumers keep accepting this and making excuses, these things will never get fixed!
    Now, my answer to: "You seriously can't handle/fix a little rattle here and there". If you read my prior post. I don't have too much of a problem as long as they ARE FIXABLE. I have run into rattles and creaks in the past that were not fixable, and that is back to the crying baby / chalkboard incident. So as to not drag this any longer than necessary. I need to know, did anyone have ANY rattles or creaks or itching or popping noises that they COULD NOT fix? That makes a big difference for me because if they were all fixable I will most likely take the plunge. If they weren't I still have some soul searching to do. Thanks again,
    Chris
    Silly? Nah, just a reality check. The car you order might have a squeak or rattle, it might not. It's also man made so it is fixable. Anything on a car can be dealt with, it just might take a shop visit or two and a couple bucks to iron it out. Hyundai's may not creak and pop but they also don't have any stones or create the kinda torque our cars do on components.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    this is the same forum where people complained about a wheel clicking? and also complained about rattles from the blower assy?

hey if you like driving a car which has fit and finish issue thats on you, but dont get mad at people when they point it out or ask for peoples honest advise on it. it is a legit concern. more so since the majority of people who posted here have issues with noises.
    Maybe I just have more patience to work though such minor issues. I also pointed out the paint chipping behind the CHMSL. Big deal. Fix it. Don't "get mad" at me for not wanting this place to turn into CF.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyscat View Post
    My V has 556 Hp, Recaros, seats 5 people, It's fast as hell, the engine makes noise when I stomp the gas pedal and you don't hear me complaining.
    All cars make noise for Christ's sake! ENOUGH ALREADY! I didn't buy the car on the notion it would be noise free, It has a crapload of torque, that's why I bought it! You don't buy the worlds fastest 4 door sedan and complain about noise. Silliness. Turn the music up if the squeaks bother you!
    "Don't get mad" at them.

Quote Originally Posted by Caddyscat View Post
    First of all, there is "good" noise and there is "bad" noise. I only like "good" noise.
    Second, not the fastest any more:
    http://www.insideline.com/porsche/pa...est-sedan.html

Panamera has it beat by 3 seconds at Nurburgring!! I do like the Panamera better, but I don't want to spend that much on a car right now.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.