Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; D3 Upgrades done and I love it even more. I will make a different post regarding the feedback. Awesome car ...
    M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Re: Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone.

D3 Upgrades done and I love it even more. I will make a different post regarding the feedback.

Awesome car hands down. I was at the shop today when they were doing it, just busting chops since its across from my office. I was shocked to see the suspension design and all the aluminum extrusions and castings. I still cant get over its a GM. It can only get better from here if they keep this up.

So far my only complaint are some interior rattles which appear to be from the double sun roof. its a bit annoying to hear with such low miles which i may address to the dealer or now. I doubt they can fix rattles most techs just dont care to really find them and fix them.

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

Quote Originally Posted by M5DriverNY View Post
    D3 Upgrades done and I love it even more. I will make a different post regarding the feedback.

Awesome car hands down. I was at the shop today when they were doing it, just busting chops since its across from my office. I was shocked to see the suspension design and all the aluminum extrusions and castings. I still cant get over its a GM. It can only get better from here if they keep this up.

So far my only complaint are some interior rattles which appear to be from the double sun roof. its a bit annoying to hear with such low miles which i may address to the dealer or now. I doubt they can fix rattles most techs just dont care to really find them and fix them.
    There are a few sources of the noise from the sunroof. the most common of them is the trim ring. The dealer has a few service bulletins on how to address these noises. I had taken my car in twice to get these noises taken car of but after just a few days they would return. Then I read of an owner her simply using electrical tape and tried it myself. So far no noise. Save yourself a trip to the dealer and do this test:
    1) remove trim ring by simply starting at the front edge and pulling it aft to release the clips and work your way around the roof. No tools needed and it may take about a minute to remove.
    2) drive that car around for the day and listen.
    3) if noise is gone you know what issue you have.
    4) apply electrical tape all the way around the trim ring and on the flanges of the trim ring.
    5) re-install and go on with life. Spend the hours saved by not chasing to the dealer enjoying your car.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Press on the plastic trim liner for the sunroof. Mine was making noise and when i pressed it in all the way around I found out that 2-3 sections weren't clipped in from the factory,.

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Time for me to chime in more. The interior is creaking like crazy its sad the car is not even a week old.

I hear rattles from the dash, doors and roof area. Also my driver seat lower slide out bolster creaks and I think my seat is moving when I corner hard.

My Camaro is 100% tighter in ride and I don't have a single interior rattle.

In the CTSV no matter what part of the interior you touch or put any pressure on it makes noise. Its just poor choice of plastic cast materials I think.

Totally bummed. I doubt a dealer would really fix all of these creaks. Its honestly starting to annoy me. Its reminding me of my Classic cars but its expected in a 40-50 year old time machine not a state of the art modern car.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

These conditions have been repeatedly brought up and some solutions been povided.

Did you end up buying your V or leasing it? Orginally you said you were looking to lease, but now you are modding.

I am looking into a 430 scuderia or a Lotus for tracking. I am sure either will annoy me over time as well. Good luck chasing down the creaks

6104696 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Time for me to chime in more. The interior is creaking like crazy its sad the car is not even a week old.

I hear rattles from the dash, doors and roof area. Also my driver seat lower slide out bolster creaks and I think my seat is moving when I corner hard.

In the CTSV no matter what part of the interior you touch or put any pressure on it makes noise. Its just poor choice of plastic cast materials I think.

Totally bummed. I doubt a dealer would really fix all of these creaks. Its honestly starting to annoy me. Its reminding me of my Classic cars but its expected in a 40-50 year old time machine not a state of the art modern car.
    just for my curiosity, are you driving it into the city, or do you stick around the bucolic suburbs? Mine too is a week old (10 days, actually), driven mainly on smooth roads and highways, only 500 miles so far, but still feeling quiet and tight.

garfin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6MN Thunder Gray; 07 SRX AWD N*;

Quote Originally Posted by 6104696 View Post
    just for my curiosity, are you driving it into the city, or do you stick around the bucolic suburbs? Mine too is a week old (10 days, actually), driven mainly on smooth roads and highways, only 500 miles so far, but still feeling quiet and tight.
    I've had mine now for 9 weeks and it's as tight as a drum - sunroof included.
    I haven't been beating on it during the break-in process (got about 2000 km. on it - another 400 to go) and it came from the factory with absolutely 0 flaws or issues. I'm a pretty happy camper at this point!

Best regards,

Elie

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

I've had mine about a week now and no creaks or rattles...

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I have had a couple pretty bad creaks in the drivers seat. My dealer has one tech that he allows to work on CTS-V's and he takes his job seriously. Within 15 minutes he brought the car back out both times and completely silenced the creaks. It's fixable. I haven't heard anything in months. I think there are some tight tolerances with difference materials mated together that settle and cause the issue. For me, it was an easy fix and has had no lasting affect on how I feel about the car.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

My '09 is over 13k miles and the only rattle I've ever had was the pass through door in the back seat when I had the stereo way up. I put the armrest up and it's gone. Nothing else.

camls3 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

love your camaro. you have very nice cars and in the best color.

Thank you.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

No thank you!

Yes please!

up4speed is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

M5DriverNY
    I'm also in NY, I live on Long Island. I need a very honest opinion from you. I am looking into buying a new sports sedan in the next few months and the CTS-V is on the short list because the performance numbers are very convincing. My only worry is that I am VERY sensitive to creaks and rattles. For an example I also have Porsche and I had a slight ticking/rattle from the soft top and I spent DAYS on trying to quiet it up! I almost decided to sell the car for that reason alone!! So my question is: Should I avoid the CTS-V or should I hope I'm one of the owners with no rattles, or one of the owners with fixable rattles? I'm also a little suspicious that the people with no rattles may actually have them, but not be sensitive to them like I am and never hear them. What do you think? be honest......Is the car worth risking or not? If not, what car would you recommend that would be fast, comfortable, quiet and good quality for under $75K (if it even exists)
    Thanks,
    Chris

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.