Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I agree that your M5 looks dull compared to your other cars. I am also surprised that DrumStix and BigJim ...
    CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Re: Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone.

I agree that your M5 looks dull compared to your other cars.

I am also surprised that DrumStix and BigJim are in agreement!

About the suspension being below par, I would have to agree with you on that. I await your solution.

+1 on the wheel/tire combo on your SS. That car may be your best looking one!

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

That's a sweet lot of cars, the Porshce is also smoking. Like the SS rims alot!

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

+1 on the tire/wheel setup on the Camaro. Beautiful step down lip and lots of meat too!. Four black rides in the stable? (smile) You da man! I've used the duster/spray combo also. It is not as hard to keep up but I will bet it is very time consuming especially if you have a pollen season like we have in Maryland. Again, very nice stable.

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by M5DriverNY View Post
    Guys don't be haters because I am a serious car enthusiast. There isn't any ego I say it and call it like it is from my experience with cars and my review above is the focus of the thread so lets keep it that way. I only posted photos because lots of guys on forums try to suggest I don't even own the cars I comment about and some guys on here asked me to. Please comment based on your feedback of the CTSV and other cars you have owned or driven so we can share our enthusiasm for the products across the board, make technical comparisons and learn how we can improve and enjoy the car further. Lets stay on topic.
    Somehow I knew the word hater was next.

I say it an call it like it be too. Thanks for the photos, no problem with them at all. The meats on the back of the Camaro are what I like best out of all the photos, believe it or don't, and I'm not a Camaro guy.

I'd love to stick to technical comparo's too and I'm always waiting for actual data. I thought we were buying a status symbol though. My bad. I'm kinda sad now. Can we still bitch about car salesmen here or do we have to now just talk about our rides?

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by M5DriverNY View Post
    Thanks. I also agree every test and youtube video is showing cars on the drag strip or closed race circuit. I honestly think this isn't a fair comparison to the average buyer or individual who has no time to track their cars. Numbers on paper and on the track don't measure up in real street driving and daily use. I would like to see a transition across the board for most comparison test on any high performance car on the street using data and driver feedback as the deciding factor.

According to every video the CTSV = or best the M5 on the track and since I have both cars I pointed out how they are so different in feel and how each one excels over the other. Fact is there is no perfect car and all of them have shortcomings that is just reality but for GM to have been going through financial turmoil and still produce the Camaro and CTSV, ZR1 its really cool we had the opportunity to buy these vehicles given the circumstances. If GM was to hike the CTSV price 20-30k there is no doubt in my mind the car will kick the crap on every level of any other car out there hands down. if that was the case that might be the perfect car.

I think now the aftermarket companies like D3 and others have a great market niche to make parts to improve on any shortcoming in the parts and design of these cars which makes tuning even more fun.
    This is basically it. every car has a certain niche and a certain buyer. if one car did everything right then there would be no reason to buy anything else. I have driven M cars and porsches, all great and all bring something unique to the table. it just depends on what you are looking for and feel comfortable controlling.

what vehicle do you think you will own next?

shchow is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2014 CTS-V; 2010 Escalade ESV

Nice!
    I just picked up my CTS-V 5/1/2010 (Picks forthcoming...)
    I also came from an M5.
    IMHO, the interior on the CTS is much nicer than the M5.
    It was down to the E63 (w212) or the Caddy. It came down to the fact that MB stopped production for 2010 model year couple of months ago, and the fact that LSD does not come standard for the E63, drove me to the CTS-V.
    So far I love the exhaust note on the Caddy. I don't know what the reviews were talking about when they said the exhaust is muted...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by shchow View Post
    Nice!
    I just picked up my CTS-V 5/1/2010 (Picks forthcoming...)
    I also came from an M5.
    IMHO, the interior on the CTS is much nicer than the M5.
    It was down to the E63 (w212) or the Caddy. It came down to the fact that MB stopped production for 2010 model year couple of months ago, and the fact that LSD does not come standard for the E63, drove me to the CTS-V.
    So far I love the exhaust note on the Caddy. I don't know what the reviews were talking about when they said the exhaust is muted...
    Welcome! It seemed a little muted to me so I added headers...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

you have headers on your v2 jim?

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Yeah, I bought Kooks from Luke back in January and had then shipped to Behe. I had the V at Behe and had headers, Lingenfelter 10% overdrive pulley and intake tube w/ a tune.

Too much power...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner

Far too much.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

=) exhausts get louder as they are broken in. Mine with 16k miles on it sounds like a performance exhaust

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Yeah, I bought Kooks from Luke back in January and had then shipped to Behe. I had the V at Behe and had headers, Lingenfelter 10% overdrive pulley and intake tube w/ a tune.

Too much power...
    :scurred:

gnxs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    =) exhausts get louder as they are broken in. Mine with 16k miles on it sounds like a performance exhaust
    Same here.

Gotham CTS-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Bro, we BOTH have (had) black M5, CTSV, and Porsche Turbo Cabs! You must be like my twin or something haha.

If you need a good detailer/hand wash, give me a PM and I'll give you a hookup. I'll keep an eye out 4 the black V. Congrats on the purchase and I'll probably see you around.

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham CTS-V View Post
    Bro, we BOTH have (had) black M5, CTSV, and Porsche Turbo Cabs! You must be like my twin or something haha.

If you need a good detailer/hand wash, give me a PM and I'll give you a hookup. I'll keep an eye out 4 the black V. Congrats on the purchase and I'll probably see you around.
    Nice lets get together in the next few days for sure.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.