Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Our PS2s are not run-flats. There are run-flat PS2s (ZP), but unfortunately no fitment for our fronts....
    GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Re: Finally My CTSV is in my garage. Detailed review below for everyone.

Our PS2s are not run-flats. There are run-flat PS2s (ZP), but unfortunately no fitment for our fronts.

thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

M5.. use picasaweb and link em using the img tag

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If you still want to show off that car, go to photobucket and sign in. It is free.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

i find www.imageshack.us to be a good one, no sign in/log in needed

M5DriverNY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Nice stable! Let me help!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by M5DriverNY View Post
    Maybe it does. Maybe it doesn't. You seem to enjoy pointing out problems...

DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner

Jim, careful, he's above theee. He might wave his wand and poooofff.

I would say nice stable n stuff but the ego is already huge-mongeous. Put me down for whatever you think.

Quote Originally Posted by DrumStix View Post
    Jim, careful, he's above theee. He might wave his wand and poooofff.

I would say nice stable n stuff but the ego is already huge-mongeous. Put me down for whatever you think.
    Guys don't be haters because I am a serious car enthusiast. There isn't any ego I say it and call it like it is from my experience with cars and my review above is the focus of the thread so lets keep it that way. I only posted photos because lots of guys on forums try to suggest I don't even own the cars I comment about and some guys on here asked me to. Please comment based on your feedback of the CTSV and other cars you have owned or driven so we can share our enthusiasm for the products across the board, make technical comparisons and learn how we can improve and enjoy the car further. Lets stay on topic.

IBNR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V (Silver over Black Recaros)

M5, congratulations on getting your dealer/service issues sorted and the CTS-V into your hands! I hope you like the car as much as we do. Quite honestly, I don't have much experience with cars of this caliber (other than my E500, although that car was old when I bought it), but I'm pretty sure this is the best car I've ever driven. If I could just get rid of the creaks in the center console by the shifter I'd call it perfect....

thatcoder is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Nice stable. I see you ended up with black. How do you enjoy washing 4 cars every weekend? or do you have a gardener/yard boy that does the chores for you?

liqidvenom is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): cts-v

lots of sandy shorts in thread. Welcome M5 and that camaro is solid. what are the wheel/tire setup on it?

everyone will notice different things about various vehicles and just raw numbers dont tell the whole story when it comes to being comfortable doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by thatcoder View Post
    Nice stable. I see you ended up with black. How do you enjoy washing 4 cars every weekend? or do you have a gardener/yard boy that does the chores for you?
    I do most of the detail work myself but sometimes I get it hand washed near my office. Its not easy but I keep up with them and use the duster and spray wax every time I use it, takes 10 min tops and works great.

Caroutisine is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2005 STS V8

Congrats on the new ride

Enough.

Quote Originally Posted by liqidvenom View Post
    lots of sandy shorts in thread. Welcome M5 and that camaro is solid. what are the wheel/tire setup on it?

everyone will notice different things about various vehicles and just raw numbers dont tell the whole story when it comes to being comfortable doing it.
    Thanks. I also agree every test and youtube video is showing cars on the drag strip or closed race circuit. I honestly think this isn't a fair comparison to the average buyer or individual who has no time to track their cars. Numbers on paper and on the track don't measure up in real street driving and daily use. I would like to see a transition across the board for most comparison test on any high performance car on the street using data and driver feedback as the deciding factor.

According to every video the CTSV = or best the M5 on the track and since I have both cars I pointed out how they are so different in feel and how each one excels over the other. Fact is there is no perfect car and all of them have shortcomings that is just reality but for GM to have been going through financial turmoil and still produce the Camaro and CTSV, ZR1 its really cool we had the opportunity to buy these vehicles given the circumstances. If GM was to hike the CTSV price 20-30k there is no doubt in my mind the car will kick the crap on every level of any other car out there hands down. if that was the case that might be the perfect car.

I think now the aftermarket companies like D3 and others have a great market niche to make parts to improve on any shortcoming in the parts and design of these cars which makes tuning even more fun.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.