LS9 cam on the way - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, LS9 cam on the way in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Sweet, 10:30 it is then. I'll just get a quick pass on the RPM dyno this afternoon to make sure ...
    DrumStix is offline Cadillac Owner
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Re: LS9 cam on the way

Sweet, 10:30 it is then. I'll just get a quick pass on the RPM dyno this afternoon to make sure A/F is between 10 an 11.5:1 and we'll do the apples to apples comparison on the SAP dyno tomorrow. You know where that local dunkin donuts it, right? Also, Let's get Ziggerman and others to come out.

Just got the car back and it's bad azz. For starters, RPM did a very professional job on the install and took care of my car while it stayed a couple nights in their shop.

The torque is fantastic but I'm not taking it past 3500 and part throttle until I tune it on the dyno in the morning. We'll see if it's "too much power." Cam lope is non-existent so if you guys want something that's a give away for mods under the hood, this cam won't do it. It's a sleeper. Idle quality has actually improved. I had just a little cabin shake every couple seconds prior to these mods and I think that was due to the less than spectacular stock plugs. With the TR6's in there there is literally no shake at all now. Sitting there holding the wheel you think the car is off.
    Also noted is that the D3 9.5" pulley/damper is 4 lbs 10 oz lighter than the stock damper, as advertised. I was kinda stunned when I weighed it this afternoon because it's still pretty heavy/beefy but their 5 lb lighter claim for a 9" pulley is likely very accurate. Less rotating mass = faster revs. 16 lbs 10 oz for stock, 12 lbs for the D3, 9.5" pulley attached.

Right now I'm ecstatic. I can't wait to stand on the gas.

The site won't let me edit my post right now so I'll make a new one. I will add that I think the smoother idle is not necessarily related to the a better plug quality as much as it is the new damper. This thing is somewhat better than the stocker in precision balancing.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

I'd be interested to see if the higher lift x duration has any effect on your expected max boost--in other words, your max net boost is somewhat less than you expect because you're actually getting more volume through the engine

By the way, did they cap off the "P" valve (if you're expecting more than 12 PSI)?

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    I'd be interested to see if the higher lift x duration has any effect on your expected max boost--in other words, your max net boost is somewhat less than you expect because you're actually getting more volume through the engine

By the way, did they cap off the "P" valve (if you're expecting more than 12 PSI)?
    With stock exhaust I may see more than the anticipated 13 lbs but you are correct, the cam might suck the pressure right off the blower housing just like your favorite girlfriend.

I capped P and X a couple weeks ago.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

too much power

MSJ
    MSJ is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Keith, I'll see you in the a.m. I stopped by the shop this afternoon to make sure all was a go. good thing I did as the wideband sensor died. It's all good as I went and picked up a new one this evening. Oddly, it's a Caddy upstream sensor...LOL

there's a Mopar drag car in the bay, but i'll push it out when I get there. You'll get to see the almost $35k motor they just built and that was just cost of parts.

can't wait to see your ride after mods. hopefully ziggy and others see the post and come out. see you in the morning.

So here's a quick report. I made a few pulls today and started tuning. It's 94 degrees here so it's 40 degrees warmer than when I last dyno'ed. Without pushing it too hard today in this heat I jumped 62 RWHP and 65 RWT with a 10.1:1 AF ratio. Not too shabby. So the numbers are 551 RWHP and 535 RWT at 10.1:1 without any KR. As you can see, I have some more power left in there. I did a few more pulls and the TQE stayed the same, I got it leaned to 11:1 and just had a ton of heat soak so the HP number didn't climb. I decided to let it cool and go back another day. I can push that AF a little more and the timing has some left on the table as it never recorded any knock. It's safe for the street now and I'm satisfied with today's results. The pistons are intact so all is good in the world.
    Boost numbers were about 13 on the dyno and I noticed 14 on the street. Top end is nuts and the sound of the blower is righteous!
    I'll scan the dyno sheet and edit some video for you guys.

Dupe.

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Nice. What are you running for an intake? Scanned the thread by didn't see a mention...

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

What are you shooting for on the a/f ratio? 11.8 or so?

Sounds great so far, glad you are enjoying it.

Where are you that it's so hot out? It is absolutely gorgeous weather in SoCal this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    What are you shooting for on the a/f ratio? 11.8 or so?

Sounds great so far, glad you are enjoying it.

Where are you that it's so hot out? It is absolutely gorgeous weather in SoCal this week.
    Yes, 11.8:1 max. I'll probably end up running 11.6:1 through the torque peak and not lean it too much beyond that.

I'm in Raleigh. It's always beautiful in SoCal. j/k

Quote Originally Posted by GMX322V S/C View Post
    Nice. What are you running for an intake? Scanned the thread by didn't see a mention...
    Presently 18 piece w4m intake. Imma toss the NEP one on for grinz soon as well.

Karch is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 TG sedan, 6A,LPE 650, and a few more mods.

Raleigh? I hear it's quite nice there. In fact, we are hoping to have a vacation to that area in a year or so (shhh..lots of golf courses )

Quote Originally Posted by Karch View Post
    Raleigh? I hear it's quite nice there. In fact, we are hoping to have a vacation to that area in a year or so (shhh..lots of golf courses )
    Yeah, it's pretty nice here. It's worth a visit and yes, lots of golf. I used to live in CA. Far fewer commies here.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.