Wait4me tunes and warning... Help requested - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Wait4me tunes and warning... Help requested in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; GM SF3/X3 - Solution •Confirm that your tuner has the most recent Firmware; found by going into Device Info on ...
    cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Wait4me tunes and warning... Help requested

GM SF3/X3 - Solution
    •Confirm that your tuner has the most recent Firmware; found by going into Device Info on the tuner and comparing to the firmware listed on the website.
    •If using Pre-Loaded tunes, confirm that your tuner has the most recent Tune Revision; found by going into Device Info on the tuner and comparing to the tune revision listed on the website.
    •If using Custom Tunes, confirm with your tuner that the tune file was created for the correct Transmission Type. (Auto or Manual)
    •If the vehicle has an After Market Radio, you may need to pull the Radio and Radio Amp fuses.
    •If none of the above resolves your issue, pull the following fuses: On-Star, and the 5 BCM fuses.
    *If unable to start your car, jack the front end of your vehicle as high as the floor jack will allow. Put your tuner under the wheel and release the jack.

Seriously, Have you checked to make sure your firmware and downloader are current? Seems you have done everything else.

CTSV4now is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

For legalities, you may want to change "put your tuner" to "put your tuning device"

Fubar75207 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

I had a different experience when dealing with Jessie. He spent 30mins on the phone telling me about the bits and pieces of my new V. I'm sorry hear you are having problems and I hope it gets resolved soon.

CoOlSlY is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): none

Here's a long post so if somebody have exactly this issue, he will be able to do something with this post probably, otherwise, you can skip this post because it basically explain what happened/how/resolution

SITUATION:
    ((All fuses in))
    - Went to the track yesterday. I had tried the max tune before and was giving lots of alert so decided to go back to stock
    - Decided to try another tune called "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" wich Jesse said "It's named how you wanted by the numbers" so my 3rd tune that I asked for was a track tune so I guess the "CoOlSlY Valet 3.cef" is the track tune so I try to load that
    - 93% done, it says "Cannot install tune, turn off ignition"
    - I turn off the ignition, it states "Reload Return to stock" so...
    - I "Reload return to stock", car is not starting
    - We pull the Onstar fuse in the trunk
    - We tried 5 minutes with the positive battery connector disconnected, no luck
    ((Didn't knew for the BCM so had the car towed to my house. MANY THANKS to tedboss1 who took my girlfriend and a friend back home... Can't thank him enough))
    - This morning, took all the 6 BCM fuses off, not working
    - Took the TCM BATT fuse off... Bizarre result, instead of failing at 13-15%, it failed at 36%... Put back all the fuses, try to start, no succes... Remove again all the fuses except the TCM BATT fuse, "Return to stock" and bingo, it worked all the way through 100%

CAUSE:
    - All of this seems to have happened because all the BCM fuses were not removed BEFORE tuning the car so I would suggest that if you have a 2010, even if it was stated on various posts that it was not necessery with the new firmware, maybe the 2010 had changes in their way to communicate between the modules (?)

RESOLUTION:
    - Pull 6 BCM fuses
    - Pull TCM BATT
    - "Return to stock" - FAIL at 36% instead of 13-15%
    - Put back TCM BATT
    - "Return to stock"
    - Worked out

Is it a combination of things that made it work, I dunno, we tried a lot of things. Now, I need to get a hold of Jesse to tell me what exactly wich tune is what and also, maybe stuffs have changed in the 2010 because as soon as I put a tune in the car, it says "Service parking brake" "Service stabilitrak" "Parking assist disabled" so as of today, tuning the 2010 seems to be different than tuning the 2009. Hopefully, I will be able to reach Jesse and get all this sorted out and I will revive this post with new answers but for now, not sure it's a good thing to tune a 2010 CTS-V as you may run in the same troubles I'm currently getting with the tunes. Great thank's to Kris at SCT and Rudy who was helping Kris, we were on the phone for a while testing a lot of things and they checked the stock tune and they were REALLY REALLY helpful.

Sorry for the long post but thank's to everyone who also helped! Nice community we have at cadillacforums.com for sure and I'll update this thread when everything is sorted out! As usual "you gotta pay to play"

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar75207 View Post
    I had a different experience when dealing with Jessie. He spent 30mins on the phone telling me about the bits and pieces of my new V. I'm sorry hear you are having problems and I hope it gets resolved soon.
    Don't get me wrong... I'm not saying he's not good, i'm just saying that I usually don't have any call back when I ask for one and maybe he should refuse to sell stuff to people if he knows he won't be able to provide the service because he's too busy or in this example, functionnal tunes... I also have to add, i'm not mad at him, I just want like some people, a product that works and tunes that works in a "fashionable" timeframe. I purchased the SCT programmer from him because it was coming with 3 tunes of our choice. Like I purchased my COBB accessport because they were coming with 4 tunes and as my Predator wich came specifically for my SRT-8, also with 4 tunes... I just want to have functionnal tunes and some precision on the tune names but i'm never getting replied or called back, it's a bit frustating even if it's just "tunes" and it's no hurry. 1 month is IMO too long to get a problem solved, whatever the nature and the price you paid for a service or a part. I would understand if my programmer was defective (have to send it back, the dealer sends it back to example SCT, they are out of stock or waiting for parts from China, that could take months) but when there's no defective parts wich needs to be serviced, 1 month is a bit too long IMO and i'm poking him every 3-4 days (but not in the past 10 days since he was out)... But i'm sure we'll get this solved soon! The good news is, the forum members are really helpful!

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Glad to hear you are at a point where you got the car started. I know that can be nerve racking.

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V
    Quote Originally Posted by CoOlSlY View Post
    Just got off the phone with SCT, they will log in remotely, first 2010 for them so they are not sure if it could be related to the tune or the programmer...
    I've worked with SCT on this - I have a 2010 as well. We were never able to get it to work, it wouldn't even upload the stock tune. Pulled every bcm and onstar fuse and updated the firmware, etc... No go.

Something changed in the 2010s. I was on the phone with them for weeks trying to ge it to work... October through January...

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Vrocks View Post
    I've worked with SCT on this - I have a 2010 as well. We were never able to get it to work, it wouldn't even upload the stock tune. Pulled every bcm and onstar fuse and updated the firmware, etc... No go.

Something changed in the 2010s. I was on the phone with them for weeks trying to ge it to work... October through January...

Good luck.
    Were you using a Wait4Me tune? Also, how did you managed to get everything solved? Have you been able to tune your car?

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

This kinda stuff is why it pays to get a complete separate performance PCM. If the unlikely event that this ever happened, you get a ride home pick up the oem unit, do a 2 minute swap, and call it a day.

Might take some time, last time there was a shoutout here for him he was in New Mexico, and even had pics from a roadside business from his phone in a ZR1.

Tedboss1 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSV Auto

CoOISIY
    Did you ever managed to get hold of Jesse?

Quote Originally Posted by Tedboss1 View Post
    CoOISIY
    Did you ever managed to get hold of Jesse?
    Nope but somebody was kind enough to give me he's cell phone number so if I don't hear back from him by monday, i'll give him a call on his cell phone.

cbloveday is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CoOlSlY View Post
    Nope but somebody was kind enough to give me he's cell phone number so if I don't hear back from him by monday, i'll give him a call on his cell phone.

CoOlSly,

Do not exoect him to get a message on his mobile. You have to keep trying to you reach him on the cell. That is how I get him.

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

His name is fitting since your always waiting for him.

Fubar75207 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CadV View Post
    His name is fitting since your always waiting for him.

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar75207 View Post
    I can't take credit, that beauty was coined by Greg*

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.