Corsa exhaust thoughts post install.....
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Corsa exhaust thoughts post install..... in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just installed Corsa's along with WFM max perf tune, WFM CAI, airbox mod on my auto CTSV. I will be ...
    kencav is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto

Corsa exhaust thoughts post install.....

Just installed Corsa's along with WFM max perf tune, WFM CAI, airbox mod on my auto CTSV. I will be posting a more extensive review and dyno graph shortly evaluating all mods- did 2 pulls on a 92 degree day here in VA.
    With regard to the Corsa I had a lot of trepidation given less than stellar reports in previous posts but I liked what I heard on videos. Bottom line is I really like them
    1- At start up and idle absolutely deeper than stock- IMHO should have come from factory this way
    2- Driving- no drone but certainly not "tame" even with windows up
    3- At WOT sounds very strong-deep resonance- the hemi charger I smoked told me so at the red light we stopped at!
    Yes not cheap but AERO1 delivered the product without incident. Funny story my installer DYNOTUNE PERF CHESAPEAKE VA is a distributor for American Racing Headers and said Lingenfelter pulled the Corsa's because they were too loud? according to the company when combined with the headers. Find that hard to believe.
    So.....I like em! In 4 days they have absolutely gotten a bit throatier and my gut feeling is they will only get better.An alternative those not wanting numerous stares and glances. I am also giving serious consderation to adding the AR Headers- a guy with a challenger at the shop had the combo and it sounded very nice and not overdone.
    Realize people will disagree- just random thoughts

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Re: Corsa exhaust thoughts post install.....

Awesome! Glad you like them. I wasn't sure I'd like them, either, but they absolutely rock for the reasons I gave in my post on the Corsas.

s4ologist is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Thanks for the write-up. I am curious about the dyno numbers, as I am considering the conservative mods first as well. Thing is, I am probably going to go with the AR headers and Corsa all at once with the CAI and tune, and I am a bit nervous about the sound (but more excited, actually).

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor
    Quote Originally Posted by s4ologist View Post
    Thanks for the write-up. I am curious about the dyno numbers, as I am considering the conservative mods first as well. Thing is, I am probably going to go with the AR headers and Corsa all at once with the CAI and tune, and I am a bit nervous about the sound (but more excited, actually).
    AR headers and Corsa will sound beautiful!

PSRmark is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I just set up an 09 V with the Kooks and corsa's, there was no welding involved and they fit beautifully! The sound was absoloutely amazing too!

Tuan_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by d3Mark View Post
    I just set up an 09 V with the Kooks and corsa's, there was no welding involved and they fit beautifully! The sound was absoloutely amazing too!
    Is it possible for you to get a video clip with some sounds to go with it?

I'm debating on going with AR headers or Kooks headers.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan_CTSV View Post
    Is it possible for you to get a video clip with some sounds to go with it?

I'm debating on going with AR headers or Kooks headers.
    That car is already gone, but we did take some video...i'll have to get it uploaded and I will post it here.

Sorry it took so long...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JbA3_zhNNTY"]YouTube - 09 CTS V Stage 1.5 Walk Around by D3 Cadillac[/ame]

neuronbob is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

That's not as loud as I thought it would be.

kencav is offline Banned

that sounds great- i will try to upload sound clip of my car after June 23rd- date of my ARHeaders install with my corsa- combo sounded great on challenger at shop- d3 setup similar thought not too loud as well- nice to have numerous options emerging with these, WFM, etc...

Buzduz74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by kencav View Post
    Just installed Corsa's along with WFM max perf tune, WFM CAI, airbox mod on my auto CTSV. I will be posting a more extensive review and dyno graph shortly evaluating all mods- did 2 pulls on a 92 degree day here in VA.
    With regard to the Corsa I had a lot of trepidation given less than stellar reports in previous posts but I liked what I heard on videos. Bottom line is I really like them
    1- At start up and idle absolutely deeper than stock- IMHO should have come from factory this way
    2- Driving- no drone but certainly not "tame" even with windows up
    3- At WOT sounds very strong-deep resonance- the hemi charger I smoked told me so at the red light we stopped at!
    Yes not cheap but AERO1 delivered the product without incident. Funny story my installer DYNOTUNE PERF CHESAPEAKE VA is a distributor for American Racing Headers and said Lingenfelter pulled the Corsa's because they were too loud? according to the company when combined with the headers. Find that hard to believe.
    So.....I like em! In 4 days they have absolutely gotten a bit throatier and my gut feeling is they will only get better.An alternative those not wanting numerous stares and glances. I am also giving serious consderation to adding the AR Headers- a guy with a challenger at the shop had the combo and it sounded very nice and not overdone.
    Realize people will disagree- just random thoughts
    I put them on at 48 miles and thought they were to quiet. After 3000 miles nice sound. Need to change that squish part of the exhaust.

tint
    W4M air intake
    remap
    Be back on dyno next week.
    Without cold air 501hp 493 tq
    Buzz

kencav is offline Banned

These Corsas definitely need time to break in- at 500 miles post install notice a BIG difference- with all due respect although pricey I think they are perfect for around town. A very nice improvement over stock- AR headers next week!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.