M3 or V? After-market wheels?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, M3 or V? After-market wheels? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hey guys, after a year of looking at this car I think I am ready to pull the trigger. I'll ...
    wrazor1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '09 V, MT, Thunder Gray, Corsa (very soon)

M3 or V? After-market wheels?

Hey guys, after a year of looking at this car I think I am ready to pull the trigger. I'll be selling my Viper for a more family friendly sedan but still want something I can have fun with. So, I've been looking long and hard at the V as well as the M3 (wife has 530 xi and I like the car). I test drove both cars last week and ended up liking the all around feel of the M3 more than I thought I would, HOWEVER, the HP difference is just too great in the V's favor and I will be going in this direction. What made the decision more difficult was I really liked the way the M3 looked. Then I realized something, the wheels on the BMW were helping that car big time. I'm not saying the wheels on the Caddy are ugly, they just don't benefit the car as much.

So, where are the best aftermarket places you've found for wheels? I've seen some of the D3 designs but want a larger variety if available. Is this wheel size easy to find? Thanks for your help and I can't wait to get rolling in a V!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CadV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): V2

Re: M3 or V? After-market wheels?

Not to many wheel designers are going to factor in the huge calipers on the V2. So the choices for the V2 are limited. This may of changed since I bought mine.

HRE and Forgeline work and there are plenty of us who own a set.

Lots of rim threads with pictures just search this forum.

I was like you though, I did not like the stock rims.

Here is my car on the Forgeline website:
    http://www.forgeline.com/customer_ga...ew.php?cvk=278

I got some higher quality ones posted if you search under my name.

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Quote Originally Posted by wrazor1 View Post
    Hey guys, after a year of looking at this car I think I am ready to pull the trigger. I'll be selling my Viper for a more family friendly sedan but still want something I can have fun with. So, I've been looking long and hard at the V as well as the M3 (wife has 530 xi and I like the car). I test drove both cars last week and ended up liking the all around feel of the M3 more than I thought I would, HOWEVER, the HP difference is just too great in the V's favor and I will be going in this direction. What made the decision more difficult was I really liked the way the M3 looked. Then I realized something, the wheels on the BMW were helping that car big time. I'm not saying the wheels on the Caddy are ugly, they just don't benefit the car as much.

So, where are the best aftermarket places you've found for wheels? I've seen some of the D3 designs but want a larger variety if available. Is this wheel size easy to find? Thanks for your help and I can't wait to get rolling in a V!
    You answered your own question... Now pull the trigger!

kencav is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto

Not to pirate topic, but i just came out of m3 for V- I honestly think you can't compare the m3 to the V in many respects- interior design, performance- i've had more passers by stop with thumbs up on the V than any of the 5 BMW's i have owned. But the m3 is still a great car.

If you want to performance mod though 3000.00 on a v will gets you lots of horsepower- on a BMW the same amount may get an air filter! LOL

D3 does have a nice selection

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    You answered your own question... Now pull the trigger!
    Actually I haven't. The question is where else can I find wheels because I'm not seeing anything I really like from D3 yet in the threads I've searched. I'm getting the V...

CadV did help by suggesting HRE and Forgeline. I am ignorant when it comes to after market wheel manufacturers...

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Check Tirerack, they had some OZ wheels listed there if that interests you.

Quote Originally Posted by kencav View Post

If you want to performance mod though 3000.00 on a v will gets you lots of horsepower- on a BMW the same amount may get an air filter! LOL

D3 does have a nice selection
    You are exactly right. This was a another big reason for choosing the V. I researched the available mods for the M3 and those guys struggle to get any real improvement from their already strung out engines. A lot of them are going the supercharger rout anyway and, of course, paying almost 20k to get CTS-V levels of power. How much does a complete CTS-V engine go for???

As for the wheels, I went to D3's website and am starting to like what I see.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The number one thing to be sure of if ordering custom wheels is that they know it's going on a V, and that they either have one to test it on or already have. I've seen so many people over the years order custom wheels, only to have them not clear the caliper because the wheel company only looked at offset and bolt pattern.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Gary Wells is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V, 3K miles & '87 Turbo Buick, 29K miles

I personally like the looks of the factory CTS-V rims more than almost any other factory rims available on their respective cars. Almost all aftermarket rims have either too flat of a lip or rivets - replica rivets or a combination of both. Too flat of a lip without any contour at all is just too plain for me and the rivets - replica rivets almost always cut the heck out of your fingertips when you try to polish or clean. I plan on ordering a 10 CTS-V soon and will be stuck with an attempt at anodizing, polishing, painting or some combination to improve the looks a little. If you want to see ugly, look close at a C6 ZO6 vette chrome or polished rims. Now the competition grey are killer, but only available when you order a car. Or aftermarket, or clone, or big $$ if you order up a set of originals. I do like some versions of the HRE rims, but pricey though.

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wrazor1 View Post
    Actually I haven't. The question is where else can I find wheels because I'm not seeing anything I really like from D3 yet in the threads I've searched. I'm getting the V...

CadV did help by suggesting HRE and Forgeline. I am ignorant when it comes to after market wheel manufacturers...
    Check out: http://sv1forged.com/

I have a set of the SV5's which they custom built for my V2. The wheels are built to your liking just tell them the style and color you like and off you go.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.