Cadillac Owners Forum banner

How many people want cooler Intake air charge?

2K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  musclesbmf 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm in the process of making some add on heat exchangers that will add ALOT more water capacity and are put into the high pressure/flow section of the bumper for ALOT cooler intake air temps. This also fixes the high temps during wot runs at the strip and on long open roads and track events.

Installation was simple, you just have to drill a few holes inside behind the front bumper metal where no one can see, and it just bolts down and you hook up the supplied hoses and you are done. Then just fill up the coolant mix and your out driving again. The clips underneath the car pull right out to give you access to the part you need to move out of the way to slide in the new exchanger. So, you still have your stock one, and then you have mine all inline to give you 2 cooling exchangers with alot more Fluid capacity and more surface diameter for airflow to cool the air going into your motor.

Ill post pictures of the install and stuff like that when i get some time. Hopefully this weekend.

The more people that want them, the cheaper ill be able to make them as they will give me a volume discount if i cam buy 10 at a time. Price should be less than $400 for everything. Even cheaper if i get 10.

See less See more
#6 ·
So Jess you can add me too , but please tell me where you fill the system. Is it not from the engine coolant reservoir? As i stated before, when i drained my coolant for the t stat that little fill Tee drained down too. i thought those hoses were for the SC intercooler. I filled back when done via reservoir and the tee filled up again. so where is the separation???:banghead: i keep banging my head on this, cant figure it out. I am going to pop my damn hood an trace it out again dang-it

#10 ·
Ok, i am having them make 5 of them. Ill have them next week.

As for the pressure of fluid. You wont see much of any change, im using very efficient 1 inch pipe inlet core and the system will basically be a 3 pass air exchanger when you use it with the stock one. Doing inlet vs outlet temp drops, mine is more effecient than the stock one with a much smaller package.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.