Crank pulleys are now ready for you guys.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Crank pulleys are now ready for you guys. in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Hi, just to let you guys know, Crank pulleys with your choice of boost overdrive is now available. I am ...
    wait4me is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Crank pulleys are now ready for you guys.

Hi, just to let you guys know, Crank pulleys with your choice of boost overdrive is now available.

I am going to do them for $800 a set including belt, lower idler pulley, and new bolt.

That includes your choice of ring size for boost increase. They are 5%, 10% and even higher for people AFTER we figure out the fueling add on needed...

You will have to choices on the kits. I have these ones that are pre made, OR

We had some special order fancy dampners made from another company that are set to accept the rings for boost sizes off of the 2003 cobra. They are higher quality pieces and you can order the rings thru me or thru a few online places.
    The dampners with adapters are top of the line, retain stock accessory drives, and are what i use in all my high end horsepower vehicles. They are $775 for the dampner, and the rings will be around $130 a piece for your choice of size.
    That will include the bolts and the belt if i can get the belt sizes you need for the size ring you want.

Both choices will be perfect for you guys, it is just going to give you a few options as far as dampners go.

Im going to be paying for your shipping also.

Tunes can also now be emailed to everyone with the fuel/spark maps needed for the handhelds..

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Re: Crank pulleys are now ready for you guys.

Very, very cool Jesse.

What is the expected/anticipated boost increase with the 5% and 10% overdrives, assuming one is starting at ~9psi boost?

Thanks!

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Jesse, for those of us that got the programmed ECM from you, do we have to send it back to get it reprogrammed for the 10% drive? Cecil...........

Yes you guys get free updates for life on your tunes. You just send it over. However, the people with auto trans, There is a perameter that needs to be changed to allow more torque so i have to figure out a way to remote tune your tranmission for those with no handheld programmer...

As for boost levels. every 5% is about 3-4 psi gain i think.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post

As for boost levels. every 5% is about 3-4 psi gain i think.
    Holy sh#!

Really?

Possibly ~17 lbs of total boost?

LOL. Wow. I think I'll be happy with 3-4 lbs of additional boost (~12-13 total boost).

With the 5% over drive and the 2.55 upper im at 15-16.5 psi.

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

So it looks like one option is $800 and the other option is $905. I'm confused as to which is better and what the real difference is. Will one allow for changes in boost level by replacing the "ring" and is one just static? Please, a little more detail. Been waiting on this for a long time, so count me in for one of these options.

Thanks,
    Mark

Both allow you to pick your boost size. That is what took so long to have them made. One is just alot more cost and i use them in the higher end motors we build. Rings should be around the same cost for changing boost amounts.

Both dampners allow the boost ring to be changed in 5 minutes.

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

I'm definitely in for one, probably the $905 one with 10%. But, i have the automatic ECM tune and that will have to be figured out first. What if i ship the ECM to you and you tune it there on an automatic that you have at the shop. Won't that work? Cecil..........

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

I'm in for one of these also Jesse. But I need to know what the advantage is, if any, between the two. You said one is more fancy than the other - do you mean that it's made of btter materials, or what?

Also, will a performance tune update/email be required for either of these pulley systems?

Thanks.

Rob

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

I have an auto with your handheld max tune loaded. Is the third tune, which is the pulley tune, for this crank pulley mod or will I need an update?

kencav is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto

+1 on seekers queston- my 3rd option on handheld is for pulley- is this fine-

Fubar75207 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V

Would you mind posting a few pictures of the kit?

1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Ditto!

1-2-N-V is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Oh while on this subject. It seems that the crank pulley is a two section pulley, no?? It looked that way when i was doing my T stat. I assume that the diameter for the back section of the harmonic ballancer pulley will remain the same for the rest of the equipment it serves. Not sure but is the speed of these accessories to be at a certain rpm dictated by the pulley sizes or does that not matter because RPMs vary by the my the mashing of the pedal?

Certainly may have to at least take the fans out to get to the bolt(s). But this time i will let a pro do it for me. Anxious to here how it works out for some of you. I got the clear bra going on today and springs being ordered. so i will have to wait for the pulley. Maybe next month

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.