Best Performance Mods for $3k - $4k???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Best Performance Mods for $3k - $4k??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I've got just around 1,000 miles on my V and I want to decide on some modifications for it. Best ...
    OKC_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V (Sold)

Cool Best Performance Mods for $3k - $4k???

I've got just around 1,000 miles on my V and I want to decide on some modifications for it. Best cold air intake? Best exhaust? Pulley - yes or no, Tune? Or should I spend $2k on the Lingenfelter kit and then get exhaust on top of that?? Any recommendations?? Thanks for the input!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wait4me is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 11v,2 09 v's,2 05 v's,5 GTM supercars,viper,volt,2012 karma

Re: Best Performance Mods for $3k - $4k???

Depending on your hp gains you want, I could do alot to your vehicle for less than 4k.

Heads, Cam, boost ect... Just depends on your exact goal, and i can get you there.

Quote Originally Posted by wait4me View Post
    Depending on your hp gains you want, I could do alot to your vehicle for less than 4k.

Heads, Cam, boost ect... Just depends on your exact goal, and i can get you there.

Not sure yet, it is my daily driver so i want it as fast as possible without hurting the reliability of the car. What do you recommend??

Boost of coarse, but probably no more than 13.5 psi. And probably just heads and small cam. That should be enough for most anyone. Heads are the big restriction in the mix. Im going to be swapping mine soon also hopefully this week. Ive been doing alot behind the scenes trying to get some really nice stuff to market. It is just taking alot more time than i had hoped.....
    \
    This week, i should have crank pulleys available to everyone that will add about that psi level.. Then with catback exhaust, and small cam and head package should get you easily over the 600hp mark to the wheels. Im there with just boost.

I have most of the fueling issues figured out also to allow for more power past that mark...

As for more hp than that, i would start suggesting bigger blower. I am thinking of setting up a drop in TVS2300 for the car also, but that would be past your 4k goal....

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Jesse...
    I'm starting to drool with all the information you just released. Let's get these things to market and see some prices. also, I would like some adjustments to my tune. Do I need to call you for that? I sent you an email, but no response.

thanks,
    Mark

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Boost of coarse, but probably no more than 13.5 psi. And probably just heads and small cam. That should be enough for most anyone. Heads are the big restriction in the mix. Im going to be swapping mine soon also hopefully this week. Ive been doing alot behind the scenes trying to get some really nice stuff to market. It is just taking alot more time than i had hoped.....

This week, i should have crank pulleys available to everyone that will add about that psi level.. Then with catback exhaust, and small cam and head package should get you easily over the 600hp mark to the wheels. Im there with just boost.

I have most of the fueling issues figured out also to allow for more power past that mark...

As for more hp than that, i would start suggesting bigger blower. I am thinking of setting up a drop in TVS2300 for the car also, but that would be past your 4k goal....
    Would such package pass the CA sniffer?

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Wont the tv2300 take some serious modifications to fit ??

musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    Wont the tv2300 take some serious modifications to fit ??
    From the way it was worded, it sounds like he is going to mod the blower so it will be a drop in for us. If you are ferring to stronger internals, just putting the blower on with no increased boost wouldn't require it. Boost pressure is boost pressure. The larger blower will run more efficiently and of course have the capability of flowing more cfm. Jesse is getting 600 RWHP from boost with stock internals....and he beats his cars non-stop. I think we'll be fine.

Mark

Tuan_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Chris,
    Are you planning to do the work yourself? Or have someone else do it?
    Hennessey in Houston would be a better way to go over Lingenfelter, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuan_CTSV View Post
    Chris,
    Are you planning to do the work yourself? Or have someone else do it?
    Hennessey in Houston would be a better way to go over Lingenfelter, IMO.
    Hey Tuan, I don't know the first thing about doing the performance mods myself, haha! I know a little, but not enough to be confident that I won't mess something up! Hennessey is just way more expensive and wait4me and Lingenfelter are like 30 miles from each other... Hey I tried to PM you back but it wouldn't let me because I'm too new I guess. I met a girl at work today that said she had a friend that had a black cts-v and his name was Tuan...little blonde girl named Megan at AT&T.

Do you think any of that would compromise the Daily Driver aspect?? MPG better or worse?? Also, If I was able to Drive up there, how long would it take to do everything, estimate? Thanks for the info!

YoshiV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS V

I'd spend that money on track time, tires and brakes!

I can do everything in one saturday. I have 4 guys here that love to tear into the ls1-lsa type motors. As long as it isnt a piston/rod change, That usually takes me 2 days to pull the motor and blueprint/assemble the parts and put them back in and give you the sheet and i do that all myself so it is exact.. Then a few hours for fine tuning.

If you stick with just boost on the crank pulley and upper pulley, an add on heat exchanger we have and the airbox is completely daily drivable with just enough power to make it feel perfect.

I can do everything in one saturday. I have 4 guys here that love to tear into the ls1-lsa type motors. As long as it isnt a piston/rod change, That usually takes me 2 days to pull the motor and blueprint/assemble the parts and put them back in and give you the sheet and i do that all myself so it is exact.. Then a few hours for fine tuning.

If you stick with just boost on the crank pulley and upper pulley, an add on heat exchanger we have and the airbox is completely daily drivable with just enough power to make it feel perfect.
    Do I need to do the cam/heads too? Can you give me a list of everything with an estimated price including installation and everything, also estimated HP please?? Also I want to do exhaust as well. Warranty = Void with all this, correct?? Thanks again! Chris

Call me at the shop tommorrow Chris, i can cover alot more on the phone for you.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.