Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Best Performance Mods for $3k - $4k???

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  wait4me 
#1 ·
I've got just around 1,000 miles on my V and I want to decide on some modifications for it. Best cold air intake? Best exhaust? Pulley - yes or no, Tune? Or should I spend $2k on the Lingenfelter kit and then get exhaust on top of that?? Any recommendations?? Thanks for the input!

#2 ·
Depending on your hp gains you want, I could do alot to your vehicle for less than 4k.

Heads, Cam, boost ect... Just depends on your exact goal, and i can get you there.

#4 ·
Boost of coarse, but probably no more than 13.5 psi. And probably just heads and small cam. That should be enough for most anyone. Heads are the big restriction in the mix. Im going to be swapping mine soon also hopefully this week. Ive been doing alot behind the scenes trying to get some really nice stuff to market. It is just taking alot more time than i had hoped.....
\
This week, i should have crank pulleys available to everyone that will add about that psi level.. Then with catback exhaust, and small cam and head package should get you easily over the 600hp mark to the wheels. Im there with just boost.

I have most of the fueling issues figured out also to allow for more power past that mark...

As for more hp than that, i would start suggesting bigger blower. I am thinking of setting up a drop in TVS2300 for the car also, but that would be past your 4k goal....

#6 ·
Boost of coarse, but probably no more than 13.5 psi. And probably just heads and small cam. That should be enough for most anyone. Heads are the big restriction in the mix. Im going to be swapping mine soon also hopefully this week. Ive been doing alot behind the scenes trying to get some really nice stuff to market. It is just taking alot more time than i had hoped.....

This week, i should have crank pulleys available to everyone that will add about that psi level.. Then with catback exhaust, and small cam and head package should get you easily over the 600hp mark to the wheels. Im there with just boost.

I have most of the fueling issues figured out also to allow for more power past that mark...

As for more hp than that, i would start suggesting bigger blower. I am thinking of setting up a drop in TVS2300 for the car also, but that would be past your 4k goal....
Would such package pass the CA sniffer?

#8 ·
From the way it was worded, it sounds like he is going to mod the blower so it will be a drop in for us. If you are ferring to stronger internals, just putting the blower on with no increased boost wouldn't require it. Boost pressure is boost pressure. The larger blower will run more efficiently and of course have the capability of flowing more cfm. Jesse is getting 600 RWHP from boost with stock internals....and he beats his cars non-stop. I think we'll be fine.

Mark

#10 ·
Hey Tuan, I don't know the first thing about doing the performance mods myself, haha! I know a little, but not enough to be confident that I won't mess something up! Hennessey is just way more expensive and wait4me and Lingenfelter are like 30 miles from each other... Hey I tried to PM you back but it wouldn't let me because I'm too new I guess. I met a girl at work today that said she had a friend that had a black cts-v and his name was Tuan...little blonde girl named Megan at AT&T.

#13 ·
I can do everything in one saturday. I have 4 guys here that love to tear into the ls1-lsa type motors. As long as it isnt a piston/rod change, That usually takes me 2 days to pull the motor and blueprint/assemble the parts and put them back in and give you the sheet and i do that all myself so it is exact.. Then a few hours for fine tuning.

If you stick with just boost on the crank pulley and upper pulley, an add on heat exchanger we have and the airbox is completely daily drivable with just enough power to make it feel perfect.

#14 ·
Do I need to do the cam/heads too? Can you give me a list of everything with an estimated price including installation and everything, also estimated HP please?? Also I want to do exhaust as well. Warranty = Void with all this, correct?? Thanks again! Chris

#15 ·
Call me at the shop tommorrow Chris, i can cover alot more on the phone for you. :)

#17 ·
No problem, ill be here most of the day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.