Cts-v discontinued?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Cts-v discontinued? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I was at my local cadillac dealership yesterday getting my navigation unit replaced in my 07 v. My salesman informed ...
    varrius is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Cts-v discontinued?

I was at my local cadillac dealership yesterday getting my navigation unit replaced in my 07 v.

My salesman informed me that the v was discontinued and showed me some GMAC documentation to prove it. Is this true?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Re: Cts-v discontinued?

It could be possible since now obama has announced the min 33.5mpg standard by 2016. It will take all car manufacturers SERIOUS money & time to work to those standards by such a short time. Scott said production wont start until July 17. So we should all know around the beginning of July indefinitley if the V will survive or it will become one of the shortest lived production vehicles ever.

demorgan59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

I would be disappointed, but not surprised.

asabase is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

oboma is bitter he had to sell his 300C for image reasons and now he is taking it out on everyone else

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I am hearing this is going to be bad for us big truck owners too that like the 2500 and 3500 series too.

If anyone is looking for a V that should do it now.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

While it wouldn't surprise me, I also wouldn't be surprised if they kept it. The hard reality is that there is, and probably will continue to be, a very high demand for high performance automobiles. The aftermarket industry alone is still a multi-billion dollar industry and many of those mods are go-fast goodies.

What would infuriate me, especially as a go-fast enthusiast, would be an attempt to completely eliminate such market. Anyone who supports this should be summarily stabbed in the head.

In my mind, just because Obama is looking to increase the average MPG significantly does not, in and of itself, mean the demise of high-performance automobiles. Firstly, it's an average. Also, too many vehicles get REALLY had gas mileage and DON'T make up for it in performance. In my mind, if I'm going to get crappy gas mileage, then I better have a high-HP car! Unfortunately, truck owners, you might get slammed here, as well as many "normal" cars that suck (like my mom's Ford 500--what a piece of sh*t--no power AND crappy gas mileage! )

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

would be a shame if it was discontinued

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

That standard is an average for all the cars the manufacturer makes. Besides that does anyone here really think the design for an 09 CTS-V is still going to be in production by 2016 if nothing were changed ? 5 years is a pretty standard run for a particular design before things change. So unless they simply want to kill it, the design can still be produced through the 2014 year model and then end production on a "normal" cycle without touching the 2016 standards.

NeedCTS-v is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '09 CTS-V Clack 6psd (manual), Recaro, Loaded...

GM has proven it can provide great performance and great efficiency. I was getting an average of 24-28 hwy in my Z06 (C5). The V is different because it is a "guzzler" and this is something that GM has actively tried to avoid (in its cars anyway) for years. This is why they introduced the 1-4 skip shift in their performance cars and the valet key (cutting off half of the injectors) in the original ZR1.

In the current political climate I don't personally see anyway for GM to support any gas guzzling car while the company cannot stand on its own two feet. Also, with cars like the Corvette being as efficient as they are, the V stands out more and more like a sore thumb. This is one of the main reasons I bought when I did.

If the V brand does survive (over the next several years) I cannot see it remaining the full bore supercharged LSA (unless they come up with some crazy engine management), perhaps a close derivative with a lower consumption NA motor and a tall overdrive like they've used in years past. Maybe not for 2010, but soon I would guess if not canceled altogether.

Its all speculative at this point but I suspect that the Vs days are very limited.

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Doesn't surprise me either. Anytime GM has had a hit on their hands, they stop making them. I remember when Chevy dealers couldn't keep the 1994-1996 Impala SS on dealer lots and the demand was huge. What did GM do? GM cut production of the Caprice/Impala SS to produce higher profit trucks leaving those out in the cold that wanted the B-body vehicles. It makes business sense, but it doesn't keep owner loyalty where it needs to be.

GM spent all that R&D, testing money to produce the CTS-V and they won't be able to re-coop the costs. How is that a smart decision? The CTS-V is too low volume of a car to make a dent in GM's revenue. They need to make more of them in order to cut production costs and increase profits.

I guess this is good for those of us that already have the CTS-V. It may mean higher resale value and more of a specialty vehicle.

Here in L.A. which is the car capital of the world, I have only seen a couple of the 09 Vs, so I know dealers here don't really have them and there are so few of them out here, I can go months without seeing another one besides mine.

SG

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

If indeed the V is discontinued, when will the production numbers for the 09 V be made public

Wait at your own peril

Vrocks is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Discontinuing the V doesn't make any sense at this time. If they did (and I'll wait for a 100% offical announcement... not a rumor), I'd find an '09 (plenty around) and if that didn't work, I'd look at an M3. So, they gain absolutely nothing by discontinuing the current CTS-V... they need to recover R&D costs + the car is selling.

homesite is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Escallade, 2009 CTS-V, Lamborghini Murcielago

I'm telling you there will not be a 2010 v. The government is to involved now and will not allow a car with that gas mileage.

Vlakaz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTSv & 2006 STSv + 1991 SHO

I agree with the "get one while you can" statement. You never know what will happen. While it will be unlikely for all high performance vehicles to be cut, I think some will not find their way into 2010. Regardless of how great a car this is, if GM had to choose between keeping the V or the corvette I am positive the V would be gone.

The amount of $ spent on R&D means nothing, that is money already gone by the wayside, and moving forward they will need to look at where they can make the most profit and what vehicles they can keep inorder to gain positive the public/political perception.

I wonder how many well recieved/reviewed car/models in history have only been around for 1 year production runs?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Quote Originally Posted by asabase View Post
    oboma is bitter he had to sell his 300C for image reasons and now he is taking it out on everyone else
    ROFL!

But seriously....rumors like this are FUD and not to be taken seriously.

Let's think rationally. Obama's announcement indicates that a) the standard has to be reached by 2016--seven years from now--and b) "full service" carmakers will have different requirements from carmakers that make exclusively smaller, more efficient cars (aka Honda and Toyota).

What does this mean for V ownership?

The planning for the V2 likely started five years ago and the final product happened to be launched at a time of relatively low gas prices, yet with the current economic crisis....and is selling like hotcakes, as far as an expensive sports sedan can. The V can be sold for its entire run 2-3 years, maybe more, without affecting the overall GM CAFE average....it's a single model that will sell maybe 4k copies this year. I'm quite sure that has little to no effect given that GM is on its way to selling perhaps 2 million cars this year.

So I believe there will be a 2010 V and our dealers here on the forum have confirmed this already. Unless GM plans an annoucement that the V2 is gone, don't believe anything you hear.

This news is primarily for planning of new cars for five years out--the time it takes to plan for a new model. I see nothing to panic about....but then again, I already have my V, so I don't care in any case.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.