Cts-v discontinued? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Cts-v discontinued? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; This is interesting and will be more so on how all of this pans out.......
    todd03blown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Re: Cts-v discontinued?

This is interesting and will be more so on how all of this pans out....

Uriel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS

For future CTS-V's, how about a twin turbocharged version of the 3.6L Direct Injection Engine used in the 09 CTS Sedan? Fuel economy would be great as would HP & torque and a there would be lot less weight up front. I'll bet there will be an aftermarket development for this engine especially as it will be the V-6 used in the 2010 Chevy Camaro. Remember the Buick GN of several years ago? A lot of ass got kicked by that car! Our V2 (V3) could be around for a while yet - especially if it were the CTS-V Coupe - with Carbon Fibre in selected areas to reduce body weight. There is no telling how such a machine would perform. Hey guys, all it takes is belief and imagination - that's how worlds are created.

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Keep up the 3/4t and up trucks, they are exempt from CAFE....

Unless he, "the annoited one" screws that up too.

Quote Originally Posted by Superior Cadillac View Post
    I am hearing this is going to be bad for us big truck owners too that like the 2500 and 3500 series too.

If anyone is looking for a V that should do it now.

Dick's06Vee is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Some of you guys are missing the point here. You're saying stuff like recovering R and D costs, public demand, yada, yada, yada. This is a whole new ballgame now and you can not compare it to anything else in past history. The federal government is now running two of the big three. Do you really believe that these idiots calling the shots (feds) give a S_ _ T whether or not you might want a performance vehicle? Come on now, think about it. The Feds are going to stuff shitty little eco boxes down people's throats. When that is the only type of vehicle available, then people will HAVE to buy them! I said it several months ago in my post "my gut feeling" and I still stand by my gut! The V's days are numbered........and it's not a large number.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by anonfrank View Post
    This news is primarily for planning of new cars for five years out--the time it takes to plan for a new model. I see nothing to panic about....but then again, I already have my V, so I don't care in any case.
    I don't think you'll see vehicles like the V disappear. I think you may see them priced at a level that ensures they don't sell in big numbers. It would be a tragedy if GM got out of that game, they've just gotten good at it.

If times were a little better, I'd go back to suggesting that the automakers need to offer right-brain/left-brain packages. A CTS-V and a Volt, or a Viper and a Fiat 500, etc.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

FRom a source they are gonig to start cracking down on thos and start to lower the vehicles ride height to increase MPG.. Also there is laws being introduced to keep lift trucks off the road ways to because they are not approved from the goverment or insurance companies.

When we think we have something figured out there is something else to fix and resolve..

It does not make me happy either.

Look at the motorcycles and ATV's in the emissions too.

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

btw.. there was even talk to keep people out of the lager trucks unless you were a business owner that needed to haul things..

That didn't pass as of yet..

to many laws that are not the answer.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by Dick's06Vee View Post
    The Feds are going to stuff shitty little eco boxes down people's throats.
    There's going to be price-rationing. Things like CTS-Vs and 2500HD Sierras will be priced at a level to ensure that they pay for whatever damage they do to the company's CAFE numbers.

BMW, for one, historically hasn't given a flying Philadelphia fornicative act about CAFE, they put the gas-guzzler charge on the window, people pay it, the US Govt sends them a bill for the fine they owe for missing CAFE and they pay it.

Maybe GM needs to sell CTS-Vs as kit cars...not quite like with the FAA and the 51% rule. Sell the roller for $45K, ship it to the customer with the address of a shop that can install the engine...

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

sorry guys...time to buy german!!!!!!!!! if the goverment is going to tell us what we can buy,, we are screwed...i dont mind if they make a great car that gets great gas milage,that will work for some people. but to discontinue the rest of the fleet? for get about it!!

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by 1fstkde View Post
    sorry guys...time to buy german!!!!!!!!! if the goverment is going to tell us what we can buy,, we are screwed...
    I believe those standards will be for all cars sold in the U.S.

Uriel is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V & 2009 CTS

Buy German? WTF -- Why pay the high price when a few mods from the good ole US of A will kick the dog crap out of Any Merc or BMW. Have you ever read Hot Rod Magizine or similar publications? For less than 20K you can make improvements that will have your V2 outrun a stock ZR1 not to say anything about those German products. A modified CTS-V from any number of homeland tuners will run a modified BMW M5 ($150K+ Dinan Stroker) into the ground. And you all know this --- don't you?

N0DIH is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): 94 Fleetwood Brougham

Buying foreign, German, British, Japanese, Korean, whatever, is WHY the big 3 is so screwed.

People have no concern for keeping profits here in the US. I still look and am very concerned about buying American, I don't give a rats a$$ where it is ASSEMBLED, where is the PROFIT going? Look at it this way items everyone has, cars and cell phones. Blackberry (you know, the one the anointed one, the President uses?), Canadian, Nokia, Finnish, Sony/Erickson, Japanese, Samsung, Korean, etc . Apple/Motorola, American. GM/Ford/ChryCo, American, etc. Sorry boys and girls, people are awfully selfish and WANT to buy foreign and don't really care what it is doing to our economy.

YES, the car companies have screwed up, big time, but still would buy American when I buy a car, even if used. I do try to even ensure that the car is one that is actually made here given the choice (76 Delta 88, 79 Monza, 94 Fleetwood,80 T/A, 00 Buick Park Ave, 85 Cutlass, 99 Suburban). But the key thing for big ticket items, is MADE HERE IN THE US and PROFITS coming here.

Remember the old bumper stickers? "Hungry, Eat your IMPORT"... Yeah, like that. America needs to get back to buying American. Buy a used CTS-V then, but don't buy foreign.

sorry guys...time to buy german!!!!!!!!! if the goverment is going to tell us what we can buy,, we are screwed...i dont mind if they make a great car that gets great gas milage,that will work for some people. but to discontinue the rest of the fleet? for get about it!!

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

I wouldn't be surprised either, but not sure this is true. Think it's been less than 2 weeks since the guy on GM's cadillac.gmblogs.com guy reiterated that the CTS-V would stay. That was 2 week ago product plans which is like 5 years ago in this age of Government motors product planning. He actually said they are working on new V-Series models without GM HPVO's even existing. Kinda neat, but guessing that also means less extreme V-series models that are more trim level upgrades with power tweaks.

Anyhow, can't claim for certain this guys news is wrong, but think CTS-V2 will run out whatever life it was supposed to have. I am even guessing there will be a CTS-V3, but doubt it will be as extreme as this one unless they can somehow shave lots of weight from the CTS.

PS - Not saying a V3 would be a GM Cadillac CTS-V3 either. Could be a Chery Cadillac CTS-V3 for all we know now.

1fstkde is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2007 stsv. 2005 ctsv(r.i.p)

Quote Originally Posted by Uriel View Post
    Buy German? WTF -- Why pay the high price when a few mods from the good ole US of A will kick the dog crap out of Any Merc or BMW. Have you ever read Hot Rod Magizine or similar publications? For less than 20K you can make improvements that will have your V2 outrun a stock ZR1 not to say anything about those German products. A modified CTS-V from any number of homeland tuners will run a modified BMW M5 ($150K+ Dinan Stroker) into the ground. And you all know this --- don't you?
    what im trying to say is, DONT EXPECT ME TO BUY A HYBRID!!!!! COMPRENDE?????? and if that is the only thing to buy, im buying a motorcycle!!!

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

what im trying to say is, DONT EXPECT ME TO BUY A HYBRID!!!!! COMPRENDE?????? and if that is the only thing to buy, im buying a motorcycle!!!

do they make three wheelers?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.