W4M 3 inch exhaust installed
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, W4M 3 inch exhaust installed in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well, I finally got the exhaust installed and it is a very easy install as Jesse has stated several times. ...
    musclesbmf is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 GTR

Thumbs up W4M 3 inch exhaust installed

Well, I finally got the exhaust installed and it is a very easy install as Jesse has stated several times. The piping and bends are right on the money so I am pleased with the build and workmanship of the unit.

I did this on my back with a friend with only the rearend jacked up. Jacking up the front will make it easier, but it was doable with only the rear in the air. The most difficult part of the install is lining up the tips to they are even. I am very anal retentive about things like that, so we spent close to an hour getting the tips just right. The 4" tips are nice and really fill up the holes in the bumper. Being that we were on our backs doing this install and taking out time, it took us between 45 and 60 mins to get everything lined up and bolted together. For me personally, I'm going to take it to my favorite muffler guy and have him weld it all together. The automatice unit comes in 3 pieces and the manual in 5 pieces, not including the 2 tips.

My impression of the sound: This really wakes up the sound of the car. It's definitely not an old man's cadillac anymore (no offense to anyone). But for me, it's too loud for a Cadillac. But that is no big deal because I'm going to have some magnaflow round race mufflers installed to give it some tone and lower the noise some. It really screams at WOT. I think I made this guy jump out of his skin when I went for first drive and romped on it.

Anyways, that is my take. I give it 2 thumbs up and recommend this to anyone that wants to remove the restrictive stock exhaust. And before anyone asks, I cannot post sound clips because I do not have a video camera :-)

Thanks,
    Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: W4M 3 inch exhaust installed

Pics!!!!!!!

kencav is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto

My W4ME exhaust, CAI, thermostat and tune just arrived yesterday and will be installed Tues- wow that loud- guess that goes under be careful what you ask for- so if its too loud may have to go with mufflers as well.

I put a Bassani on my C6 Z06 and that was loud... too loud. This isn't that loud, but I think for a Caddy I want the exhaust to be a little more refined and subdued but still give me the flow needed for boost and of course additional boost in the near future. I think the magnaflow round mufflers will do the trick for what I'm looking for and they are priced nicely all over ebay.

Mark

kencav is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver/Ebony Auto

Mark have you done anything else to your car?

I've done all the mods W4M (Jesse) has available. So it has the max performance tune in it, his air tube into a modified air box, the exhaust, and it's lowered. My new wheels should be here any day. I just ordered the 160 stat as well and will install when it arrives. I want the new cold air kit with conical filter Jesse has coming out and also his new cracnk supercharger pulley when it is available.

Mark

qictrk is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): CTS-V

Delete this message. Cecil................

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by musclesbmf View Post
    I've done all the mods W4M (Jesse) has available. So it has the max performance tune in it, his air tube into a modified air box, the exhaust, and it's lowered. My new wheels should be here any day. I just ordered the 160 stat as well and will install when it arrives. I want the new cold air kit with conical filter Jesse has coming out and also his new cracnk supercharger pulley when it is available.

Mark
    Any dyno numbers on your V yet?

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Mark,

Congrats! Is this system from the cats back, (no headers)? I have Jesse's cats to OEM mufflers system waiting in the wings, for me to install when I get the chance. I was a little worried about the noise factor when I considered the system you have ...

Rob

nc09v2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I was on the fence to get one, but had concerns about noise levels with just straight pipe. Your comments validated my concerns.

I'm going to hold off on this system until it either comes with mufflers from Wait4Me, or until someone else starts produces one a little quieter.

Muscles, thanks for the candid review of the exhaust. Please do let us know what mufflers you end up with and how it sounds.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

if you're taking pics of the exhaust might as well take more pics of the drop w/ the springs

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by nc09v2 View Post
    I'm going to hold off on this system until it either comes with mufflers from Wait4Me, or until someone else starts produces one a little quieter.
    nc09,

As I mentioned above, W4M already has an exhaust system that retains and utilizes the OEM mufflers. I think he demonstrates this system on one of his Yutube videos. Just a little bit louder than stock, but sounds tolerable to me. As soon as I get the one I ordered installed I'll post about how it sounds, etc.

Rob

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

^Isn't it the same system but you cut it ahead of the mufflers?

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

Too bad about the loudness. I personally think GM got the tone and loudness about right from the factory. I enjoy being stealthed and adding a loud exhaust system will attract unwanted and unwarranted LEO attention.

nc09v2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

"As I mentioned above, W4M already has an exhaust system that retains and utilizes the OEM mufflers. I think he demonstrates this system on one of his Yutube videos. Just a little bit louder than stock, but sounds tolerable to me. As soon as I get the one I ordered installed I'll post about how it sounds, etc."

Rob, much appreciate the comment, but cutting the stock system is a one way permanent mod. The beauty of the W4M system is the ability to unbolt the stock system and having option to return to stock if one wants to i.e. at trade in or sale time. In my state they do a visual at annual inspection, so I would need to bolt it back on just for that every year.

If someone wants to sell me their stock mufflers or if Jesse can offer us a muffled system that is a little quieter for not too much $$ I'll get one.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.