09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Folks - I am new to the board and have decided my next car purchase will be one of these ...
    todd03blown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Question 09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500

Folks - I am new to the board and have decided my next car purchase will be one of these cars. Of course they are 2 completely different cars with a price point difference of 15k or so.

I am looking at them from a pure performance standpoint within this thread.

540hp GT500 (not sure how underrated HP will be since they have not hit the streets)
    556hp CTS-V

I wonder how close performance will be for the normally measured stats like 0-60, 1/4 mile, slalom, skidpad, etc.

I know the GT500 will weigh in around 3950 lbs while the V is around 4300 (that correct?)

Thoughts on the performance between these 2?

Great site by the way, I have spent many hours over the last few days reading a lot of these threads. The V is one outstanding car, kudos to GM!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Richie18 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: 09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500

They are two very different albeit similar cars.

Both use a roots type supercharger with >500HP >500 lb-ft of torque
    Both use the TR6060 transmission.

One car may post better 1/4,0-60, or skid pad numbers but in the end performance wise it all depends on the driver, with cars in this performance range that has the biggest effect.

That is where the similarities end.

Overall i think the CTS-V will outperform the GT500 most days of the week but besides their performance and engines these cars contrast so much.
    The 2010 GT500 looks great, its mean, its racy and its in your face. The interior won't be nearly as nice as the CTS-v but if your going for exterior looks the GT500 takes it. (If that's your taste)

The CTS-v exterior is pretty understated. The V's looks aren't as loud as its performance. The suspension is amazing and was tuned for everything. The interior is one of the best on the market. In the end its a steel for the money and its performance.

I found some performance stats on the GT500 with the few tests that have been run.

0-60 4.0-4.3sec
    12.3 - 118mph
    .92-.96G's
    60-0 - 110ft

Those are all about equal with the V, will be interesting to see more tests on the GT500.

The interior of the V is just amazing and is really amazing!! Ford finally did a lot better this time on the Shelby's interior but still not in the class of the V.

tough decision for me to make for sure since I am a diehard Ford person....I won't be buying for a few months so I get to stew over this for a little while

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by todd03blown View Post
    I found some performance stats on the GT500 with the few tests that have been run.

0-60 4.0-4.3sec
    12.3 - 118mph
    .92-.96G's
    60-0 - 110ft

Those are all about equal with the V, will be interesting to see more tests on the GT500.

The interior of the V is just amazing and is really amazing!! Ford finally did a lot better this time on the Shelby's interior but still not in the class of the V.

tough decision for me to make for sure since I am a diehard Ford person....I won't be buying for a few months so I get to stew over this for a little while

Someone may or may not care.... but if you plan to drive farther than to the grocery store this is the V .

I travled 2460 miles back from Scott Pratt's dealership in Michigan.

Through all sorts of weather, and hills, mountains ( I-80 W), through Wyoming and to salt Lake, the car was a total joy, the ride was so good, at 80 or above you never even noticed you were going that fast. the car handles corners like you will not believe till you have a V. The interior is great, the navigation is fantastic, as is the USB ability to use thumb drives, and the Hard drive if you wish. Even the regular seats are very comfortable on long drives, the interior at night is something you also have to see, and appreciate.

Choose as you will , but the V is the best for me, no kiddy cars here. Just true American steel.

What ever you choose,it is your choice, pick carefully

cts-me is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cts-v (on order) Red, Black interior, 6mt

0-60 4.0-4.3sec
    12.3 - 118mph
    .92-.96G's
    60-0 - 110ft

While i know the old Gt500 is less impressive then the new one, it just is so much worse then the cts-v in every way. The V is much more luxurious, seems more well built, performs greater then or equal to that of the (new) gt500 (id say better) and has three, REAL, seats in the back!

Get the V, its the best car ive ever driven, and ive driven some impressive cars.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Resale value on a new model is notoriously hard to predict. The CTS-V is a fairly hot model in a very depressed market, with excellent press and international respect. The previous V's have never had the press or the sales, so less than stellar resale value is not surprising. If a lease residual is based on a previous model's history, that still doesn't fully predict the actual value at the end of the lease. It is used primarily to formulate the payment. I leased an Alfa 164S in 1991. The residual was based on previous dismal Alfa resale values, but at the end of the lease the car was worth 25% more than predicted, so I bought it for the residual, resold it and pocketed the difference. My prediction is that the V2 will have respectable resale, but that leasing residuals will be low until this model has some actual history.

The best deals may be on a purchase with a home equity line, if you have the available credit. My current rate is 3.4%, and the interest is deductible. Unfortunately, there are no current incentives for purchase, unlike earlier in the year with 0% 60 month ( THAT was a deal).

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Sorry guys. I selected reply for the leasing deal thread, and somehow it went to this thread, which I hadn't even read yet. Maybe it will be moved?

mr.algaz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-V 2009

I wouldn't add so much to what my fellows said here on this thread. I am clearly a GM guy but i try not to by racist or bais to any advices. I have driven a lot of cars in my life. Ranging from luxurious european cars to pure performance cars.

On this thread i would definitely go with a V. It looks like a luxury sedan with a bit of performance look. But when you drive it, it would be either one in the same car. With a touch of a button it would change from luxury and soft feel to aggressive race feel. When i bought this car i was hesitating between pulling the trigger or not. But i finally did and i was shocked and surprised with the way this car can jump from a dig to 150mph and how it would handle on corners even on streets like going from your work back home. You would feel like you are racing back home. So you would enjoy every second of it.

At the end i would say that GM had made this car the world's finest mid-sedan from inside and outside. I was at a Ford shop in the city and they worked mostly on Fords with an addition of any domestic car or truck. I took the V there for a cat-back installation and the guy there asked me did you put all those grilles and wheels on this car? I said no, why? he said it looks beautiful what year is it and what is it really? I said it is a V...etc when he got into the car he got amazed and he said i am not believing what i see, i dont believe this is an american car. He was amazed with the interior of that car, he though it was a german car from inside.

Those were my advices and how i saw people's reactions toward my car. Be careful when you choose, at the end it is your money and your car.

P.S. you got a pure performance car + a daily driver + luxury sedan + a road trip car + 1 Driver seat and 4 Passengers

ALGAZ

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

How old are you? The reason I ask is that if you are in your 40's or 50's the GT-500 will be looked upon as a "mid life crisis car". It's boy racer looks are great and I'm sure it will be a great car but it does not have the look of a distinguished, gentlemans car.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Get the Mustang.

Quote Originally Posted by commander112 View Post
    How old are you? The reason I ask is that if you are in your 40's or 50's the GT-500 will be looked upon as a "mid life crisis car". It's boy racer looks are great and I'm sure it will be a great car but it does not have the look of a distinguished, gentlemans car.
    I am 38 currently.

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Get the Mustang.
    What is your reasoning behind that? Curious...

commander112 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V Sedan White/Recaro/Manual/Polished

What is your reasoning behind that? Curious...
    He is being a smart ass. If I may translate, you are at the V forum what kind of answers do you expect to get from a bunch of V owners? Do you actually expect a bunch of guys that plunked down $60+K for a car to tell you to buy the GT-500? You know you came here to get encouragement to buy the gentlemans hot rod.
    Being 38 you can still get away with the GT-500 without women looking at you and thinking "look at that old guy in that young guy's car I feel bad for him trying to retain his youth". Then again, if you are a professional and you need to pull up to a business meeting with clients which car sends out the message that I am a professional and you should trust me? I'm just saying with the V you get a car of tremendous capability without any stigma.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

He is being a smart ass.
    That's not true.
    If the man is a long time Ford man, and he's seriously considering the Mustang vs the Cadillac, with a 15K (perceived) price difference, then my gut says he really wants the Mustang. But for the first year or so I'm betting the dealerships are asking for a fair markup to get one.

MescalVto is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V

distinguished, gentlemans car.
    but, . . . it still does not necessarily make you a "distinguished, gentleman" sorry, couldn't resist

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.