09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by N8dawg I wouldn't say slower than the V. Many other articles praise the GT500 and Edmunds gets ...
    NapperV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-v 09 auto

Re: 09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500

Quote Originally Posted by N8dawg View Post
    I wouldn't say slower than the V. Many other articles praise the GT500 and Edmunds gets 0-60 in 4.0 and 1/4 in 12.2 which is almost identical but a bit quicker than the V. I prefer the V because it's a sedan but I will admit that the GT500 is a tiny bit quicker in a straight line.
    I've clocked 3.9 and 12.0 in the V sea level, 77 degrees 70% humidity

You do know the auto is a faster straight liner....remember its not just a striaght liner. Tthere is reputtble proof that the gm claimed 3.9 and 12.2 is achievable.... without the skill of rowing and through gears.

when i see a GT500 with an auto( which they don't make) that can run anywhere near the CTSv times ..it will be a cold day in hell ( stock)

My 06 GTO with 15 k in mods....everything....engine, drivetrain, brakes /rear
    all NA
    Plus exterior mods to look like a GTO-Saleen... stomps the GT500...and My stock V stomps my GTO except for 1/4 mile time.

Its a Mustang....it will never carry the clout of the V or the advanced suspesion the V2 has.....its a pony car....just because "shelby's" name is on it means nothing to me...

You know how many organs this guys had tranplanted...i'm sure helped out by Ford..... Yes he is an icon......but we now live in a modern world...i don't like it but thats the way it is..

the GT500 is not as fat as you think stock...due to the ovverwhelming power.. 90 % of the owner can't drive it to 90 of its limits

where as i just slightly powerbrake....and i'm gone.

the big bad 500 got beat by an old mans Caddilac.....and the GT500 price

please its a damn mustang

N8dawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Quote Originally Posted by NapperV View Post
    I've clocked 3.9 and 12.0 in the V sea level, 77 degrees 70% humidity

You do know the auto is a faster straight liner....remember its not just a striaght liner. Tthere is reputtble proof that the gm claimed 3.9 and 12.2 is achievable.... without the skill of rowing and through gears.

when i see a GT500 with an auto( which they don't make) that can run anywhere near the CTSv times ..it will be a cold day in hell ( stock)

My 06 GTO with 15 k in mods....everything....engine, drivetrain, brakes /rear
    all NA
    Plus exterior mods to look like a GTO-Saleen... stomps the GT500...and My stock V stomps my GTO except for 1/4 mile time.

Its a Mustang....it will never carry the clout of the V or the advanced suspesion the V2 has.....its a pony car....just because "shelby's" name is on it means nothing to me...

You know how many organs this guys had tranplanted...i'm sure helped out by Ford..... Yes he is an icon......but we now live in a modern world...i don't like it but thats the way it is..

the GT500 is not as fat as you think stock...due to the ovverwhelming power.. 90 % of the owner can't drive it to 90 of its limits

where as i just slightly powerbrake....and i'm gone.

the big bad 500 got beat by an old mans Caddilac.....and the GT500 price

please its a damn mustang
    I know that the auto is faster, but I'm comparing apples to apples here and why would anyone want a automatic GT500??...

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Quote Originally Posted by N8dawg View Post
    I know that the auto is faster, but I'm comparing apples to apples here and why would anyone want a automatic GT500??...
    IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

IMHO, who'd want a stang

CSX
    CSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V (Oh yea, it'll happen)

As pretty much everyone here has said, powerplants aside, these cars are completely different, and built for different purposes.

But in your original post, you said you were looking at it from a "pure performance standpoint". So, looking at the two cars like that I would venture to say that the GT500 is the better performer. It weighs less than the CTS-V, puts out similar power, and despite having a less-than-ideal weight distribution and a solid rear axle, posted handling figures on par with the V.

However, the GT500's ace in the hole is the fact that it's motor is nigh-near indestructible. The current-gen GT500s have gone well past 900 hp and have posted 9 second 1/4 mile times on a stock motor. Parts will be far more readily available for the GT500 than the CTS-V, and probably cheaper to boot. I'm sure it won't be long until the road racers get ahold of the GT500 and make it handle even better than it does in factory trim.

Stock for stock, I believe the two will perform pretty fairly close to one another. Mod for mod, the GT500 will be the faster vehicle.

McRat is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I'd think the Camaro SS would be a better comparision to the GT500. Yeah, the GT has more HP, but in every other metric, the SS is superior, and it's much cheaper. Other than the old Cobra R, none of that family group are that stable at high speed cornering. And anytime you have 300+ HP, handling/braking should be pretty high on your shopping list.

Both the SS and V2 are "balanced" cars, with handling to complement the HP. The GT500 appears to be in the same vein as the 03-04 Terminators, more power without the right package to use it.

But that being said, the GT500 looks very cool.

CSX

Dyno results for the '10 GT500 are in.

http://blogs.edmunds.com/straightlin...mktid=cj260233

511 rwhp, 488 rwtq.

Unfortunately, I'd fully expect it to beat a V in a 1/4 mile. As for handling tests, we'll just have to wait and see.

NapperV is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): CTS-v 09 auto

trickle down mods for the Zr1 will be the CTS-v's ace in the hole.

Its still a mustang....and with IRS in the cts plus the 1ms magna dmapners.....i would think very litte would have to be done to make the car handle quantumly better...remeber its a caddy....they don't want rock hard suspensions.... brigstone r11's and te CTS-v has a whole new persnality along with the recent eibach lowering springs.

ever hear of SCCA well caddy V1's where a dominate force ...meaning potential is there. and if you don't think a LS3 enchance for boost LSx motor isn't as hearty as the Fords....

remeber the LSx b4 the Zr1 and V were not esigned for boost.....now they are.

while i'll agree the GT500 is a cool ride... and fast too.... you can have that and the luxo...and the sleeperness of a V2...

Sorry i see this in the V favor......rmeber i have a an extremely high hp na GTO with thousands spent on suspension and driveline... yet the V just feels tighter regardless of what lateral g's it pulls ..that does not mean shit when i come down to handling.....or braking..

Also th V's engine ..i was told by a reliable source has some intergration(electronics) limiters....that are not know by even Henessy.

once these integration limiter( as i call them) are addressed...and rather easily..i might add....

the car right know with r11's will run mid high 11's with just a handheld tune.

Also addressing the issue of why would a GT500 be an auto....can a human outshift a computer.? or set a specific launch rpm? every time.......i've seen GT500 run 12.8.......

Blance is always the key....it took ford 150k to make a balanced Ford GT that was no better than a c6 Zo6

An internally designed for boost LSx engine....hell the NA's have been chomping at the heels of the FI fords...

live alxe will never in real word out handle IRS...= it maybe.....but is sad that Ford has to compare a GT500

to a caddy and worry.......i think its comical.

CSX

Quote Originally Posted by NapperV View Post
    while i'll agree the GT500 is a cool ride... and fast too.... you can have that and the luxo...and the sleeperness of a V2...

Sorry i see this in the V favor......rmeber i have a an extremely high hp na GTO with thousands spent on suspension and driveline... yet the V just feels tighter regardless of what lateral g's it pulls ..that does not mean shit when i come down to handling.....or braking..
    I agree with you. I think there's little doubt that the V is the all-around more balanced ride, and dare I say, the overall "better" car. But the OP specifically stated that he wanted to look at the two cars strictly from a "performance standpoint." Which is exactly what I've been doing.

s4ologist is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Doesn't the GT500 have forged internals? If so, that may allow for higher boost to be run safely (modding perspective). Of course, you could always replace the heads and pistons, etc in the V with forged parts.

CSX

Quote Originally Posted by s4ologist View Post
    Doesn't the GT500 have forged internals? If so, that may allow for higher boost to be run safely (modding perspective). Of course, you could always replace the heads and pistons, etc in the V with forged parts.
    Yep. Like I said in my previous posts. the current GT500 has seen upwards of 900 hp and have put down 9 second 1/4 miles with stock motors. The 03-04 Cobra was very much the same. Much like the 93-98 Supra motors, Ford's blown modular motors are pretty much indestructible, and respond very well to minor mods (for example, conical air intake setups and catback exhausts are typically good for 30+ rwhp each on 03-04 Cobras.)

McRat is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Anyone find it bizarre to see Mustang Advertisements on a GM site? Or is it just me?

SPONSORED CADILLAC ADVERTISEMENTS is what it's titled, but it's an ad for the 2010 Mustang.

I guess that's the future of enthusiast websites it seems.

vperl is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac 2009 CTS-V Radiant Silver

Desperate, But who wants a stang, when I got a 2009 CTS-V

roman371 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by s4ologist View Post
    Yes, Yes, and Yes.

I respect the GT500 for the beast that it is. After all, how fun would it be to drive only a sedan everywhere? Bring it on.

roman371 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tony407 View Post
    Has anyone priced the new GT500? I'm not sure what they're going for now, but most of the ones I've seen on dealership lots in the past were marked up WAY over MSRP. I'm not sure if that's the case any more. Just a thought in case price is an issue compared to the V which you can get for below MSRP nowadays.
    Tony
    The sticker on the new GT500 will be between 48k and 51k, depending on options. Most folks are ordering them at MSRP, but some got deals as low as $45k..... Lovely.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.