09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Depends on what you want to do. The GT500 is going to be very fast in a straight line. But ...
    JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: 09 CTS-V vs 2010 GT500

Depends on what you want to do.

The GT500 is going to be very fast in a straight line. But the Ford 5.4 mod motor is a giant heavy iron thing hung way out in the nose, the weight distribution on those things is ghastly and the Mustang chassis is nowhere near as good as the V.

The GT500 will be a great straight-line warhead and a joke any time the road turns.

I'm just wondering why the original poster would be comparing these two vehicles, seems to me that if you can live with a Mustang you're not going to buy a sedan, and if you want a 'balanced' car the Mustang's not going to have much appeal.

todd03blown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

hmmmm where to start....

Yes I am a Ford fan and have been since I was little, guess that is the way I was raised...However I also have the ability to respect and want what another manufacturer has built such as the V.

I know coming to this board the bias is most certainly towards the V and I expected that as well however I also look to the feedback of real world owners of these cars to provide constructive feedback on the product they own and likely drive daily as my intent is to use this car as my daily driver to replace my 2008 Nissan Maxima SE.

I also know the comparison between the GT500 and the V is a bit different because both cars serve different markets for different reasons. With that said I have a large affinity to both cars both mostly for their performance they offer right out of the box, whether its acceleration, braking, cornering etc.

Since I have a family of 4 I certainly lean towards the V because of the extra room I get in the cabin as well as the trunk. I also like the V better due to the interior and the technology that is built in this car from the suspension to the amenities.

The GT500 is just plain a raw muscle/pony car that has been refined a lot for the 2010 version as the interior finally has some nice quality materials, much better fit and finish and it can actually be used as a daily driver. There have been nice suspension improvements as well to the 2010 GT500 over previous versus plus some nice traction control options as well.

Hence my dilemma I have as I truly love what each car brings to the table and what each one does best hence my posting over on this site. I have a few more months to wait before I pull the trigger but figured I would start now since I have never owned a GM or Caddy product ever. I am certainly enjoying the great information and content on this site and will continue to do more reading and research on the V series.

Thanks for the continued feedback.

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Depends on what you want to do.

The GT500 is going to be very fast in a straight line. But the Ford 5.4 mod motor is a giant heavy iron thing hung way out in the nose, the weight distribution on those things is ghastly and the Mustang chassis is nowhere near as good as the V.

The GT500 will be a great straight-line warhead and a joke any time the road turns.

I'm just wondering why the original poster would be comparing these two vehicles, seems to me that if you can live with a Mustang you're not going to buy a sedan, and if you want a 'balanced' car the Mustang's not going to have much appeal.
    You are right about that. My neighbor's GT500 could not keep up with me on the back roads in MD. I pulled more that 20 car lengths ahead of him in my Dinan 7. But as soon as we hit straight road he annihilated me. GM got it right with the 09 V interior wise and performance. When I take the twisties I am not disappointed. It is truly more impressive than any BMW! Don't get me wrong. I still love the Bimmers but I have found a new love with this car!

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by commander112 View Post
    He is being a smart ass. If I may translate, you are at the V forum what kind of answers do you expect to get from a bunch of V owners? Do you actually expect a bunch of guys that plunked down $60+K for a car to tell you to buy the GT-500? You know you came here to get encouragement to buy the gentlemans hot rod.
    Being 38 you can still get away with the GT-500 without women looking at you and thinking "look at that old guy in that young guy's car I feel bad for him trying to retain his youth". Then again, if you are a professional and you need to pull up to a business meeting with clients which car sends out the message that I am a professional and you should trust me? I'm just saying with the V you get a car of tremendous capability without any stigma.
    Eh, that may translate correctly for many, perhaps even most, but I can assure you that I'd recommend a car different than the V at times, given certain circumstances.

What car is "right" for some people isn't necessarily "right" for others. There's nothing wrong with that, it just is what it is.

I'm a huge performance car enthusiast and enjoy most high performance cars. If some guy wants to go the route of a GT500, or M3 or whatever, hell, I'd often say, "Excellent!" and hope I spank him if I met him on the street.

As for my opinion here, I don't really know enough to make a determination. I can say that the GT500 sounds like one hell of a performance machine...

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by todd03blown View Post
    Since I have a family of 4 I certainly lean towards the V because of the extra room I get in the cabin as well as the trunk. I also like the V better due to the interior and the technology that is built in this car from the suspension to the amenities.
    I think you may have just nailed one heck of a good reason to get the V. Hell, if I wasn't worried about carrying passengers, I'd own a Z06 Corvette right now instead of my '09V...

My thoughts are you really can't go "wrong" with either car, but reading above certainly would put a huge check mark on the "benefit" side of the V...

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post
    I think you may have just nailed one heck of a good reason to get the V. Hell, if I wasn't worried about carrying passengers, I'd own a Z06 Corvette right now instead of my '09V...

My thoughts are you really can't go "wrong" with either car, but reading above certainly would put a huge check mark on the "benefit" side of the V...
    I am really leaning towards the CTS-V, there is just to much not to like on this car. The more I read, the more I watch the more I want this car!!

Hondarrr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

I was having the same dilemma that you are having with the difference that I was looking at the 09 Z06 vette instead, and once I got to drive this car all that went away, this is a car that you can drive all day long and not get tired or bored of it, it's super comfortable, very low if any on interior noise, best interior I have seeing in my life time, 4 passengers and a driver, perfect handling and super powerful, what more can you want from a car?? I don't think that you will find all of those benefits in the Mustang.. but then again, is only my opinion...

MReiland is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 13 Volt, 2008 Outlook XR (05 CTS Blk/Blk Traded-in)

Would say.... a discount on the V help make your decision??

Quote Originally Posted by MReiland View Post
    Would say.... a discount on the V help make your decision??
    discounts are always accepted even on a vehicle that has this much to offer!!

Jayrcr3 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

If you have ever seen the look on someones face after they just had there a$$ spanked by a Cadillac, you would buy the Caddy without even thinking about it.

8speed is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 04 Escalade, 08 IS-F

Both cars would be a great choice. I've only had the chance to run vs a stock GT500 and it was super close from a roll to around 140 mph! If I had to chose one though, I would have to go with the V! More exclusive, better daily driver, and it handles better and is quicker!

RapidRob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Black/Black, manual

Quote Originally Posted by todd03blown View Post
    I am really leaning towards the CTS-V, there is just to much not to like on this car. The more I read, the more I watch the more I want this car!!
    If you get the v2 - I can almost guarantee that you will NOT be disappointed! Cadillac really did get it right with this car!

Rob

roman371 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by commander112 View Post
    How old are you? The reason I ask is that if you are in your 40's or 50's the GT-500 will be looked upon as a "mid life crisis car". It's boy racer looks are great and I'm sure it will be a great car but it does not have the look of a distinguished, gentlemans car.
    Conversely, one could assume the CTS-V is an old man's car from a distance???? Just messing with you, but for the most part I drive what I like and don't worry what others may 'think' of me......

N8dawg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

GT500:
    0-60 4.0
    1/4 12.2

CTS-V(manual)
    0-60 4.0
    1/4 12.3

Quote Originally Posted by N8dawg View Post
    GT500:
    0-60 4.0
    1/4 12.2

CTS-V(manual)
    0-60 4.0
    1/4 12.3
    Where did you get the stats for the '10 GT500 from?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.