Corsas came
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Corsas came in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Will install tomorrow--fortunately have lift so should not take long. Sorry for the poor lighting....
    caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Corsas came

Will install tomorrow--fortunately have lift so should not take long. Sorry for the poor lighting.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SSideways is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: Corsas came

is it 2.5" or 3" pipes?

Tips are 4" . Also someone awhile back asked me about lift so here is a pic. A Rotary revolution.

SSideways is offline Cadillac Owners Member

not looking for tip size but muffler inlet and outlet size. from the pic's it looks like 2.5"

Florian is offline crushing Vs with my Wurm
    Automobile(s): 2013 GT500 - 700+ HP

who do you play drums for? must be a working band with that kind of stable.

F

Krug Ford is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I like the picture of the lift..

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Installed mine today and my first impressions are not very favorable. I am very disappointed in the sound, not the performance of this product.

1. No drone + But the drone did not bother me.
    2. Did notice an increase in HP +
    3. Car went from sounding like a vicious monster to a tame kitty. - - -!!!!!!!

I spoke to a Corsa Representative who whas very knowlegable and helpful and I do realize that is is performing as intended but Geez. Did most folks want their high performance caddy to resonate sound as if it was your Grandpa's Caddy? don't know what I am going to do right now. Kept the stock exhaust and was I was going to install that on my wife's 09 CTS. I may put the stock back on but the jury is still out. I was going to a car show this Saturday expecting to show off a more muscular and beefier exhasut but now I would be embarrased toshow up. :-(.

Ok, I did not intend to go here but given that others have and I promised to post follow up here it is--regretably.

First, I have huge respect for Corsa and have had at least 5 systems installed all with great results. I have probably been responsible for the sale of countless other Corsa systems on friends/club members cars.

My Viper tech installed my Corsa last night (see pics). The system , to me is a disappointment that I hope Corsa will fix. They stand by their products and I am confident they will do the right thing. The exhaust looks great, sounds good at idle, but under power my hot rod Caddy now sounds like a DTS at best. I let my Viper tech drive it and he just shook his head. I have driven it at speeds from 0-85MPH with windows up/down. I have mashed it, etc.

If you are looking to get rid of what some have perceived as drone (I perceived as muscle) and you want to improve the looks of your car buy this system. If you have a Vette, Viper or other sports car, buy a Corsa--the best quality and good people. If you want to make your V sound more aggressive, I am not sure this is the way to go.

Again, my thought was to follow the adage "if you don't have something good to say..." But, several have asked. I wish I had better news. I hope Corsa listens and makes change.

CtsVrod is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V / 06 Escalade

Wow - Pretty Sad to hear - Especially considering the Price

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

OK, I took the advice of the Corsa Rep (sorry, I don't remember his name) and had a buddy of mine do some runs while I stood outside the car. I noticed that the exhaust did sound pretty good during runs to me and away from me. You definitely can not judge the sound of the exhaust from within the vehicle and my hat is off to Corsa for doing a great job and keeping the cabin quiet. It also appears that the exhaust note does sound better over time as the unit settles in. Starting the car now I hear a throaty note as opposed to when the unit was first mounted. So I will have to upgrade my previous rated disappointment to satisfactory enough to keep it on. The product works as Corsa designed. More reviews later this weekend as I get to drive more miles.

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

Exhausts will usually sound louder after a few miles and some "expansion and contraction" cycles

Buzduz74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    Ok, I did not intend to go here but given that others have and I promised to post follow up here it is--regretably.

First, I have huge respect for Corsa and have had at least 5 systems installed all with great results. I have probably been responsible for the sale of countless other Corsa systems on friends/club members cars.

My Viper tech installed my Corsa last night (see pics). The system , to me is a disappointment that I hope Corsa will fix. They stand by their products and I am confident they will do the right thing. The exhaust looks great, sounds good at idle, but under power my hot rod Caddy now sounds like a DTS at best. I let my Viper tech drive it and he just shook his head. I have driven it at speeds from 0-85MPH with windows up/down. I have mashed it, etc.

If you are looking to get rid of what some have perceived as drone (I perceived as muscle) and you want to improve the looks of your car buy this system. If you have a Vette, Viper or other sports car, buy a Corsa--the best quality and good people. If you want to make your V sound more aggressive, I am not sure this is the way to go.

Again, my thought was to follow the adage "if you don't have something good to say..." But, several have asked. I wish I had better news. I hope Corsa listens and makes change.
    I put mine on 2 days ago at 48 miles and I very dissapointed as there is no sound, real quiet!!!!!!!!!! Bummer hope it gets better

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

I installed a set yesterday as per the instructions. I'd like to see a full system that has places I can make adjustments. The customer (not sure if it is one of you guys) had issues with the fit.
    I tried 3 times to adjust them but it seems that there is either a slight variation in the pipes on the car, the bumper cover, or the mufflers themselves. I was able to line them up perfectly but the right side muffler was forward about 1/4".
    I tweaked it as best I could.
    The sound sitting still is kind of funky, I'd like to hear one on the road.

zman1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 GT-R R.I.P. 09 CTS-V R.I.P. 06 STS-V & 05 CTS-V

I agree with the fact that i was disappointed when I first put it on. It does sound good from outside the car when you are behind it. I was hoping for a more throaty note from this. I had the corsa mufflers on my sts-v and it sounded better in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I installed a set yesterday as per the instructions. I'd like to see a full system that has places I can make adjustments. The customer (not sure if it is one of you guys) had issues with the fit.
    I tried 3 times to adjust them but it seems that there is either a slight variation in the pipes on the car, the bumper cover, or the mufflers themselves. I was able to line them up perfectly but the right side muffler was forward about 1/4".
    I tweaked it as best I could.
    The sound sitting still is kind of funky, I'd like to hear one on the road.
    Maybe they vary but the install was quick and easy--less than an hour for sure and if fit perfectly and looks great --just no sound.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.