Corsas came - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Corsas came in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Wow, this is a disappointment. I'll stick with the stockers for now and see how this shakes out. Paying $ ...
    Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

Re: Corsas came

Wow, this is a disappointment. I'll stick with the stockers for now and see how this shakes out. Paying $ 1300 and being disappointed sucks ass.

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Kadonny View Post
    Wow, this is a disappointment. I'll stick with the stockers for now and see how this shakes out. Paying $ 1300 and being disappointed sucks ass.
    I certainly understand but even though I am disappointed, I am hopeful this early in the game Corsa will make a change. I think everyone should hold tight and see where this goes. In my experience they are the best out there.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Sounds to me like Corsas magic happens in their resonators (not the mufflers), and since this is an axle back system it sounds pretty tame.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

So why isn't it a cat back again?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

For some owners this may be the kind of solution they are looking for, less/no drone and less aggressive sound while retaining a car with this HP and TQ. But it wouldn't be my personal choice.

As far as sound under acceleration, someone should be able to get that by sticking it on the dyno and running it up while recording from behind, if they don't have a way to record it out on the road.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I have no idea. I'm still confused how it costs more for two mufflers than the entire Corsa catback (which came with two mufflers and resonators) for my 04 CTS-V.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

eagle_lex is offline Cadillac Owners Member

the videos i have seen with this system sound great IMO.... i was looking forward to getting this system when i buy my V are you guys saying it doesnt sound as good as the vids that we have all seen?

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I have no idea. I'm still confused how it costs more for two mufflers than the entire Corsa catback (which came with two mufflers and resonators) for my 04 CTS-V.
    Fully agree Tony, thus my original gripe with this system. $ 1300 for 2 mufflers? Pass. And I'll also say I LOVED my 06 CTS-V Corsa system, loved it.

jvp
    jvp is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): NONE

I agree with Drummer in that Corsa is one of the best exhaust companies to work with. The work they do to add an aggressive sound while taming down resonance drone is second to none, IMHO.

However. That all said, some things to keep in mind with this V:
    1. You're in a Cadillac. Lots of sound deadening both in the chassis and interior bits. First and foremost, Caddies are luxury cars.

2. HPVO and GM Powertrain spent an enormous amount of time on the exhaust and engine acoustics for the inside of the car. They were after that perfect blend of:
    - Supercharger whine
    - Exhaust growl
    - Peaceful cruising

I think they nailed it. Changing the mufflers out will mess with the formula they came up with.

jas

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    I installed a set yesterday as per the instructions. I'd like to see a full system that has places I can make adjustments. The customer (not sure if it is one of you guys) had issues with the fit.
    I tried 3 times to adjust them but it seems that there is either a slight variation in the pipes on the car, the bumper cover, or the mufflers themselves. I was able to line them up perfectly but the right side muffler was forward about 1/4".
    I tweaked it as best I could.
    The sound sitting still is kind of funky, I'd like to hear one on the road.
    That was my Brilliant Silver CTS-V you were working on. Third time was a charm. After the first two efforts you could stand behind the vehicle and visually see that the pipes were not straight. Even the Service Rep noticed that before I could say anything. They look good now. And on day 2 the exhaust note does sound deeper and loader than before. I was ready to pull these off and have the stock put back on but I will keep these now.

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I am sorry to report that after several cordial discussions with Corsa, their position is that their V system is perfectly satisfactory and they do not intend to change it or otherwise address my concerns. Having been a loyal Corsa customer for many years, this is a huge disappointment to me.

I would not be near as frustrated had I not made my concerns clear to Corsa in the pre-production stage informing them that the stock exhaust had a reasonably good sound and they would have to raise the bar to improve upon the sound . I was assured that the Corsa system would excel over stock. Sadly, in most ways it has not- except for looks and loss of drone)

I gladly paid a lot of money for what others have said is "just a couple of mufflers" based on my past experience with Corsa. I now feel like I have been sold something far different than represented and will be taking the next step. As I said before if you are concerned over drone, by all means get this system--otherwise make sure you hear it in person. If any questions, pm me.

jimbo1320 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): CTS-V 2010

Now let me get this right. At Idle it has a deeper sound, yes? Crusing speeds its quieter than stock? How about when you stand on it. Is it quieter than stock. Is there a seat of the pants performance gain? My 04 had a drone at times but was perfect at idle. How does the new compare?

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Titanium, glad to hear that you were satisfied with the final attempt, I didn't understand the issue when they brought it back to me the 2nd time.
    I think they'll sound better for the guy standing on the sidewalk as you go by than they do from the pilot seat.
    Didn't have a chance to go drive. I don't want to rack up miles on these for you guys unless there is a need for them to be driven for some specific reason.

Buzduz74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    I am sorry to report that after several cordial discussions with Corsa, their position is that their V system is perfectly satisfactory and they do not intend to change it or otherwise address my concerns. Having been a loyal Corsa customer for many years, this is a huge disappointment to me.

I would not be near as frustrated had I not made my concerns clear to Corsa in the pre-production stage informing them that the stock exhaust had a reasonably good sound and they would have to raise the bar to improve upon the sound . I was assured that the Corsa system would excel over stock. Sadly, in most ways it has not- except for looks and loss of drone)

I gladly paid a lot of money for what others have said is "just a couple of mufflers" based on my past experience with Corsa. I now feel like I have been sold something far different than represented and will be taking the next step. As I said before if you are concerned over drone, by all means get this system--otherwise make sure you hear it in person. If any questions, pm me.
    Sad but true appears not to be worth the money as I put mine on at 48 miles. However I am begining to notice a liitle better sound after 450 miles. Maybe it will get louder and sound better with some heat and carbon in the mufflers.
    Buzz

Titaniumseeker is offline Performance Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS, 2009 CTS-V, 2012 CLS550

Quote Originally Posted by ewill3rd View Post
    Titanium, glad to hear that you were satisfied with the final attempt, I didn't understand the issue when they brought it back to me the 2nd time.
    I think they'll sound better for the guy standing on the sidewalk as you go by than they do from the pilot seat.
    Didn't have a chance to go drive. I don't want to rack up miles on these for you guys unless there is a need for them to be driven for some specific reason.
    Agreed, they do sound better to those outside the vehicle as you pass by. Many say that it sounds better than the stock. Hummmm. I would have to agree with Caddiedrummer in his statement that the GM guys nailed it with the stock exhaust. IMO the stock sound was very distinctive and more powerful sounding. Now I would say that the car sounds like a stock corvette while standard driving. I am only mildly satisfied but will have to really wait until this exhaust is fully burned in before making a final comment. It does have a nice note at WOT, elimination of the drone and you can feel that the exhaust has given you some additional HP at your seat.
    However, a caveat to all looking to replace their exhaust: Do not expect this exhaust to be louder than you stock while driving normally. That is not what Corsa designed these exhausts to do and you will be disappointed if you are expecting that. I too spoke to Corsa and we covered this subject as well so I can understand Caddiedrummer's frustration as I am feeling the same way. Do your homework! If you are looking for a deeper sound than stock that you can hear while you are driving ( I don't think Borla nor Flowmasters sound as good as the stock), then this is not the exhaust for you. A tad bit expensive too considering what you actually receive but Corsa delivers exactly what they advertise and the sound clips are accurate. Just my 2 cents.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.