Corsa System in the works
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Corsa System in the works in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Corsa had my car picked up yesterday and is going to begin work on developing their exhaust system for the ...
    chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Corsa System in the works

Corsa had my car picked up yesterday and is going to begin work on developing their exhaust system for the V2. Just wanted to let everyone know it was in the works. I was fairly happy with the factory exhaust but the Corsa I had on my 04 V1 was simply awesome and I am hoping Jim and his crew can do even better with the V2.

Happy New Year to everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

GM-4-LIFE is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 V Coupe, 2013 Escalade ESV, 2015 Escalade on Order

Re: Corsa System in the works

Quote Originally Posted by chris1268 View Post
    Corsa had my car picked up yesterday and is going to begin work on developing their exhaust system for the V2. Just wanted to let everyone know it was in the works. I was fairly happy with the factory exhaust but the Corsa I had on my 04 V1 was simply awesome and I am hoping Jim and his crew can do even better with the V2.

Happy New Year to everyone.
    Sounds promising! Now the wait begins for you and us!

How long with Corsa have your car?

I just hope it's not going to be a $1200.00 + exhaust system.

SG

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Quote Originally Posted by AERO1 View Post
    Sounds promising! Now the wait begins for you and us!

How long with Corsa have your car?

I just hope it's not going to be a $1200.00 + exhaust system.

SG
    It is totally going to be dependant on the the weather from what Jim told me. I am hoping no more than a month or so though (mainly so I can get her back and drive her)

He will be updating me weekly on the progress and also be doing dyno pulls so I will update this site as I get the information.

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

You guys really like the Corsa set up? I haven't really ever liked what they had to offer. They are a local company here and I just haven't liked what they put on vehicles. The Trailblazer SS community has gone away from their product because it just doesn't sound good on the GM 6.0 + engines. They sound more like a boat with the Corsa.
    These engines sound great with Magnaflow, Stainless Works, and Bassani. These companies also make top notch, quality exhaust systems. When I get mine, I am going this route. On my Trailblazer SS, I have the Stainless Works system and that sounds very good on their.

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

the quality is great but i am sure the system will be $1000 plus like pretty much all their the majority of their systems

Cub Cadet is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V 6spd MANUAL

Corsa may be that pricey, but Magnaflow, Stainless Works and Bassani will all be in the $500 range. That was another thing I didn't like about Corsa... way too expensive. A guy I used to work with is employed as a design engineer over at Corsa... I haven't heard too many good things from him either.

I have had quite a few Corvettes and I ran Corsa systems on one of them and found that it didn't give me that deep V8 muscle car rumble like Borla did so I took it off and sold it. I have never installed another Corsa system on any of my cars since.

The reason why Corsa can't get the same Borla sound is because they advertise zero in cabin resonance and you can't get that V8 rumble without the resonance. Basically Corsa designs systems that have that type of motorboat sound because that is as close as they can get to the V8 rumble without the resonance.

I will most likely go with a Borla system once they release their version of the CTS-V system being that it will cost less and give the car the exhaust system sound it should have had from the factory.

Corsa systems are way too expensive and don't sound the way the car should.

Just my opinion from my past experience, but I know a lot of guys here on the forum love Corsa and I say, to each his own! Get what you like and be happy. Life is way too short not to enjoy each day to it's fullest!

SG

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have had good luck with Corsas on Vipers and Vettes. The V sounds good from factory so don't know what I will do. I may get it on looks rather than sound depending how it looks.

Quote Originally Posted by caddiedrummer View Post
    I have had good luck with Corsas on Vipers and Vettes. The V sounds good from factory so don't know what I will do. I may get it on looks rather than sound depending how it looks.
    I am torn like you as well. After the large amount of cash I put down on my new CTS-V, I am gonna wait to do any mods. My first thing is going to be a baseline dyno and a nice dyno tune to optimize and better the factory generic programming.

SG

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

I've had both borla and corsa exhaust systems and the borla is just a much meaner,deeper,muscle car sound.

SoJersey05V is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i've never liked the sound of borla... not loud enough.. bassani makes good stuff, stainless works makes really nice stuff.

magnaflow... wouldnt put that on my lawnmower.

I love Corsa because, it is the kind of exhaust you would expect on a V... quiet at cruising and idle... but when u mash the throttle or give her some rev's... it opens up like a F1 car..

and why would you want a muscle car sound on a caddy? this isn't a 69 camaro or ol' el camino... IT'S a V!

Quote Originally Posted by SoJersey05V View Post
    i've never liked the sound of borla... not loud enough.. bassani makes good stuff, stainless works makes really nice stuff.

magnaflow... wouldnt put that on my lawnmower.

I love Corsa because, it is the kind of exhaust you would expect on a V... quiet at cruising and idle... but when u mash the throttle or give her some rev's... it opens up like a F1 car..

and why would you want a muscle car sound on a caddy? this isn't a 69 camaro or ol' el camino... IT'S a V!
    Our Cadillac CTS-Vs aren't your normal old school vehicles. We have supercharged 6.2L V8 engines under the hood and I want to hear it! I want to hear the V8 rumble, I don't want the typical Corsa motorboat sound. I want what most of us hot rod guys want, a V8 rumble, not a boat burble.

SG

Razorecko is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V , 2010 SRX 2.8T

^ agreed. Hitting wot w/ my old corsa sounded like a nascar taking off

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Corsa doesn't know how to make anything under $1,200.
    Magnaflow doesn't know how to make anything without drone.

Go figure.

CASEY122457 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have had 5 Corsa systems. Been to their plant 3 times. They are a 1st class company. And yes; I do not want drone when cruising down the highway. I am not 18 years old anymore!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.