First Impression & Dyno - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, First Impression & Dyno in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Just wanna see it lowered......
    atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: First Impression & Dyno

Just wanna see it lowered...

Dave Golder is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Heavychevy1 View Post
    Me too which is why I'm skeptical, Hennessey has backhanded ways of advertising without paying vendor fees. He does it everywhere.
    Heavy Chevy want to see my title.... You really think was a way to keep from paying $100 month in fees? Are you that ignorant? I write Dupont a check every month for $35k. I am trying to learn what I can about these cars and share the little we have learned.

Never mind guys, I really don't need the grief. Thanks to the guys who PM'd me etc though. I didn't take it to Hennessey I am the General Manager at Hennessey. I never offered that information. I was asked to post "proof" so I did. I have owned and raced my own cars for years. It is my car, not a customers car. I am here to share and learn about the V but not at the expense of the BS. PM me if you want to see pics when I am done. I will be happy to share them. They have been building the headers all day. Suspension is done just not back installed yet. Modified Blower will go back on tomorrow. HeavyChevy can take over here for me since he is the knower of all. Sorry to intrude... on his space.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Tough crowd.

dvandentop is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 Silver V 06 Silver Z06

looking to see the updates of the car as it progresses but i am sure you know the hennesey name has some history behind it.

dont quit posting just because someone is giving ya a bad time it happens on every forum

Nutz is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V a tuxedo with a jetpack!

Quote Originally Posted by Heavychevy1 View Post
    Me too which is why I'm skeptical, Hennessey has backhanded ways of advertising without paying vendor fees. He does it everywhere.
    Aw christ , this is gonna be worse than the "drone" thread. Now we have a NOOB droppin off-topic bombs on a uber performance shop's credability.

Keep up the cool posts Dave. Looking forward to seeing the new 09 V's limitations.
    Lighten up Heavy, let's get to know each other here for a while.

darjae is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V Crystal Red

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Golder View Post
    Never mind guys, I really don't need the grief. Thanks to the guys who PM'd me etc though. I didn't take it to Hennessey I am the General Manager at Hennessey. I never offered that information. I was asked to post "proof" so I did. I have owned and raced my own cars for years. It is my car, not a customers car. I am here to share and learn about the V but not at the expense of the BS. PM me if you want to see pics when I am done. I will be happy to share them. They have been building the headers all day. Suspension is done just not back installed yet. Modified Blower will go back on tomorrow. HeavyChevy can take over here for me since he is the knower of all. Sorry to intrude... on his space.
    Ignore all the naysayers. If anyone disagrees with anything on this board, the flames don't stop. I'm sure that everyone here appreciates any information we can get on the V2. Please post pics and the HP gains that you've achieved when you're done with the monster.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    What shop/facility is the dyno located in ?
    Ok nevermind. Now that I'm home I can see where it's at. Lot's of work places are blocking Youtube now, including mine so we can't view the videos there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Golder View Post
    They have been building the headers all day. Suspension is done just not back installed yet. Modified Blower will go back on tomorrow.
    Really going to be interesting, keep posting.

silverAg is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS-Vgoodness

can't wait to see the suspension drop

Heavychevy1 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    Aw christ , this is gonna be worse than the "drone" thread. Now we have a NOOB droppin off-topic bombs on a uber performance shop's credability.

Keep up the cool posts Dave. Looking forward to seeing the new 09 V's limitations.
    Lighten up Heavy, let's get to know each other here for a while.
    Do a search, Hennesseys credibility doesn't have anything to do with me.

cya

GMX322V S/C is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V, 2009 535i

Quote Originally Posted by trukk View Post
    ...A big part of that is all the big asses rubber bushing in the V. Motor mounts, tranny mounts, diff mounts, cradle mounts & drive shaft.

I would like to hope that GM took some of that play out of the new V. I assume that they did remove some. There is zero chance they removed it all, to make it more like the vette...
    Chris, I don't understand--once the drivetrain is wound up against the rollers (all of the "play" taken out of the bushings), doesn't it factor out? Aren't most drivetrain losses due to friction or slippage?

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Dave, keep up the posts! There are many, many people who view these threads who do not post and I am sure they all are extremely interested in following your progress. Its too bad we have one bad apple to spoil the bunch!

I have no idea why anyone would be so negative towards someone who owns a V and is trying to PROGRESS/TEST THE VEHICLE'S LIMITS and is kind enough to share it with us on a daily basis!!

Thanks Dave!

Thanks for the kind words guys...here are some pics of the headers we built. What a chore! Will not get the blower back until Monday so no new numbers until then. car is lowered but still on the hoist so will get some of those pictures fro you on Monday or tomorrow.

Wow, some big pipes! Collectors look cool. Were you able to pull off equal length's? What kind of muffler's will be used?

Quote Originally Posted by Nutz View Post
    Wow, some big pipes! Collectors look cool. Were you able to pull off equal length's? What kind of muffler's will be used?
    Very close to equal length. Exhaust has an Xpipe and we will dyno with a few different muffler configurations to compare power, noise, drone etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.