New Brakes
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, New Brakes in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Is anyone waiting for the track package brakes? I asked before and didn't get much response. Does anyone know when ...
    cjwolverine is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

New Brakes

Is anyone waiting for the track package brakes? I asked before and didn't get much response.

Does anyone know when they are available and at what cost?

Can anyone spell out the advantages/ disadvantages for both a daily driver and an occassional track day?

Thanks

Chris

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CSX
    CSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V (Oh yea, it'll happen)

Re: New Brakes

My understanding is that the track package is simply an upgraded solid (non-slotted) rotor with better brake pads. The caliper is the same as the standard V brakes, except painted red. Honestly, such a package is wasted on a daily driver...I don't see you noticing a difference in stopping power. The only benefit I can see to daily-driving could be pad life...I'd imagine the slotted rotors are harder on pads, but at the same time, if the track package uses more aggressive pads, they'll probably have a shorter life. The track is definitely where you should hope to see improvements...the track brakes should be much more resistant to fade.

Edit: Looking around, nowhere I've read mentions anything about upgraded pads...just solid-face rotors and red painted calipers.

cjwolverine is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've read somewhere the pad life may be improved with the non-slotted, but no one can confirm it, because of the same reason you mentioned, that being the "more aggressive pads"

Has anyone found a price on the package? And is it a package with some other "track accessories" or is it simply the brakes?

edsuski is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

The information I have seen suggests:

Two piece rotor
    Non-Slotted (presumably to improve pad life)
    Powder coated red calipers

No one has been able to quantify any better stopping performance. Reduced pad wear may be more important for track use than street but hard to understand how it would improve performance. Some have suggested that the two piece rotor will dissipate heat better (?) but I'm not sure how or if it is actually the case.

I think the bottom line is that the calipers are red rather than the standard color.

CSX
    CSX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTS-V (Oh yea, it'll happen)

Quote Originally Posted by edsuski View Post
    The information I have seen suggests:

Two piece rotor
    Non-Slotted (presumably to improve pad life)
    Powder coated red calipers

No one has been able to quantify any better stopping performance. Reduced pad wear may be more important for track use than street but hard to understand how it would improve performance. Some have suggested that the two piece rotor will dissipate heat better (?) but I'm not sure how or if it is actually the case.

I think the bottom line is that the calipers are red rather than the standard color.
    I personally think that the "track package" brakes are a little hum-ho...now, if the track package included ZR1-spec 15.5" carbon rotors up front and the 15 inchers in back, then we'd be talking

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

Quote Originally Posted by CSX View Post
    I personally think that the "track package" brakes are a little hum-ho...now, if the track package included ZR1-spec 15.5" carbon rotors up front and the 15 inchers in back, then we'd be talking

Then the track package would cost 5 grand.

demorgan59 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2010 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    I'd pop for that.
    Also, I believe that the standard brakes do not have gas grooves as all of the photos of delivered cars shows.

gotapex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Alas, none yet

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Chill View Post
    Wow, that's less than 1/2 of what I would expect. I'd definitely spring for that.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.