Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; well I was fortunate enough to personally witness the 1/4 times at Milan dragway when the Caddy folks were out ...
    SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Wink Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

well I was fortunate enough to personally witness the 1/4 times at Milan dragway when the Caddy folks were out there with Motor Trend testing.

They were getting 12.2-12.3 at 119-121 MPH!!!! and that was with both the manual (which if I recall actually got the lowere of the two that day) and the Auto, and as a previous poster said--this was with "feathered" launches and 60 ft. times in the 1.95-1.98 range.

I actually posted a vid in this forum of that day--ans they obliged me with a run against my BMW since I told them I had a V on order.

Also-- I spoke with the head engineer for the V car/project- Mr. Berube, at Monticello. He told me that they actually get even better times on street pavement versus track pavement due to better traction, and..they have tried it on Drag Radials. He said "lets just say mid 11s are not a problem."

odla is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Cadillac platinum 04 & Blk 05 cts-v

Re: Motorweek 2009 CTS-V Road Test

can you post a link to that video please? thanks

Quote Originally Posted by odla View Post
    can you post a link to that video please? thanks

HERE YOU GO

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...s-v-track.html

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by Razorecko View Post
    Gm stated that the cts-v goes 0-60 in 3.9 and the 1/4 in 12sec flat. I havent seen even one of several magazines or tests produce anywhere near that number. Now maybe this is a motor that really wakes up after being broken in but so far i'm disappointed that my 130hp less and 500lbs heavier suv is running similar times.
    For comparison, using their testing methods (whatever those may be), Motorweek clocked your Jeep at 4.9 and 13.5. That is nowhere near "similar times".

http://www.mpt.org/motorweek/reviews/rt2527a.shtml

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    Also-- I spoke with the head engineer for the V car/project- Mr. Berube, at Monticello. He told me that they actually get even better times on street pavement versus track pavement due to better traction, and..they have tried it on Drag Radials. He said "lets just say mid 11s are not a problem."

I've always gotten better traction at the track than on the street and it wasn't even close (additional "rubber" on the track I guess). Granted, this was years and years ago, but that was my experience, as well as those that were dragging with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Luna. View Post

I've always gotten better traction at the track than on the street and it wasn't even close (additional "rubber" on the track I guess). Granted, this was years and years ago, but that was my experience, as well as those that were dragging with me.

In general--that has been my experience too. This is what he said though-and he is a very credible, and humble guy.

There are a few places I go with my rides that are "grainy" cement blacktop mix, where the car hooks instantly. But those places are not easy to find.

Luna. is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2005 Stealth Gray CTS-V, 2009 Black CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    In general--that has been my experience too. This is what he said though-and he is a very credible, and humble guy.

There are a few places I go with my rides that are "grainy" cement blacktop mix, where the car hooks instantly. But those places are not easy to find.
    Agree on the "grainy" cement--that's instant hookup. I just found that comment interesting is all; I would expect a car at the track to hook up better is all.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.