Which CTS model has a comfortable ride?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Which CTS model has a comfortable ride? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Which car between the 2009 CTS-V and the new 2009 standard CTS with V-6 will have a better ride on ...
    Mercedez L. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Question Which CTS model has a comfortable ride?

Which car between the 2009 CTS-V and the new 2009 standard CTS with V-6 will have a better ride on bumpy roads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

parexa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Which CTS model has a comfortable ride?

Regular CTS of course because it has smaller rims and softer suspension

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

You would have to ask someone who's had a chance to drive/ride in both cars. But the CTS-V has magnetic ride control and the standard CTS does not, so I'm betting on the CTS-V.

Talking Re: Which CTS model has a comfortable ride?

I would guess that the regular V-6 CTS will be more reliable and less in cost to maintain and drive everyday.

I don't know I would say it's going to be more reliable, but there's almost no doubt that a high performance luxury vehicle is going to have greater maintenance costs than a standard version, depending upon how long one holds on to the car. The cost of gas for a 300 HP V6 is going to be less than a 556 HP V8. However I'm not quite sure why you might be considering the V car if the V6 version is a possibility as they are different animals and 12-20K apart in cost, depending upon options.

Talking Re: Which CTS model has a comfortable ride?

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    I don't know I would say it's going to be more reliable, but there's almost no doubt that a high performance luxury vehicle is going to have greater maintenance costs than a standard version, depending upon how long one holds on to the car. The cost of gas for a 300 HP V6 is going to be less than a 556 HP V8. However I'm not quite sure why you might be considering the V car if the V6 version is a possibility as they are different animals and 12-20K apart in cost, depending upon options.
    Yes I agree both are two different models and engines but to me it is a matter of having the V-6 model or V-8 model but not at the expense of a comfortable ride like alot of these supercars are which is why I'm curious about which one is softer riding as the CTS-V has that magnetic suspension but then again with those low profile tires and a sport suspension might just mean it handles better but a little comfort in ride might be sacrificed compared to the 300 HP V6.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedez L. View Post
    but then again with those low profile tires and a sport suspension might just mean it handles better but a little comfort in ride might be sacrificed compared to the 300 HP V6.
    This is true. Both the original CTS-V and the STS-V come stock from the factory with run-flat tires, which as you may know provide a harder ride than the standard tire. But many owners like myself end up replacing those with various other size and type. If a potential owner didn't want to work through the first set of OEM tires, I'm sure any dealership would be glad to refit the car for an owner. Personally as I have done with both cars I've owned, the CTS-V and now STS-V, I've simply run down the OEM set and then replaced them with the tire of my choice which did improve the ride from the run-flats.

HPCC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): NONE

Off-topic: Re: Which CTS model has a comfortable ride?

...I've simply run down the OEM set and then replaced them with the tire of my choice which did improve the ride from the run-flats.
    Off-topic: Just curious, what are the choices/strategies nowadays when you do this? Is it still either carry a compact spare or a pressurized can o' goo? Are there any other innovative ways to "limp along?"

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

AAA

Or just watch where you're driving and hope for the best! i.e. no potholes or piles of glass from accidents

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Which car between the 2009 CTS-V and the new 2009 standard CTS with V-6 will have a better ride on bumpy roads.
    Which car rides better, a C300 or C63 AMG?

Kind of seems like a pointless question. You don't buy a RS4/IS-F/M3/C63/CTS-V for ride comfort. You buy it for performance.

Sorry, I just do not understand why someone would base their purchase on ride comfort when comparing two extremes. I didn't get my CTS-V because of its ride comfort, I got it because of the performance.
    If I wanted ride comfort I would have got a regular CTS or a Volvo.

Re: Off-topic: Re: Which CTS model has a comfortable ride?

Quote Originally Posted by HPCC View Post
    Off-topic: Just curious, what are the choices/strategies nowadays when you do this? Is it still either carry a compact spare or a pressurized can o' goo? Are there any other innovative ways to "limp along?"
    In the current CTS-V you can carry a full size spare, the upcoming 09V we'll have to wait and see if it has the full size well in the back to see if it's possible to do the same. With the STS-V, stock, it is not because it uses two different size wheels on the car. However there is always Cadillac roadside assistance and when that runs out AAA or any other hosts of roadside assistance to take it's place.

Koooop is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): A Truck with an LS2 Truck motor

V-6 is For The Woman.

concorso is offline Cadillac Owners Master

In the current CTS-V you can carry a full size spare, the upcoming 09V we'll have to wait and see if it has the full size well in the back to see if it's possible to do the same. With the STS-V, stock, it is not because it uses two different size wheels on the car. However there is always Cadillac roadside assistance and when that runs out AAA or any other hosts of roadside assistance to take it's place.
    Wont the 09 V come with staggered tire widths f-r?

whisler151 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS Coupe, 2010 Ford Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by concorso View Post
    Wont the 09 V come with staggered tire widths f-r?
    Yes, but minimally you can use the smaller tire width as a spare because the WHEEL size will be the same front and rear. CIWS and all other STS-V owners have 19" in the rear and 18" in the front. That makes it damn near impossible to have a spare.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Depends on what you mean by "better."

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.