CTS-V starting at $59,995 - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, CTS-V starting at $59,995 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by vperl ***************************** Sorry to remind you that certain folks as mentioned before wish not a discussion, just ...
    trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Re: CTS-V starting at $59,995

Quote Originally Posted by vperl View Post

Sorry to remind you that certain folks as mentioned before wish not a discussion, just ram the stuff they wish and not allow any talk.. does that sound familar ? Well, becareful they T-cops are out and watching
    What? This has to be english as a second language. If so, welcome to the discussion, you may want to dispense with the whit, as it is hard to decifer. If EAASL is not the issue, well then

BTW, I've read a few of your posts, and this far I'm frankly not very impressed with your contribution to the community.

-Chris

Making friends in all the V forums, once post at a time.
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

vote him off the island then

like i asked you guys to do back here
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1631901-post8.html

readyact is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rayainsw View Post
    ... and:
    R8E = NEW! Gas guzzler tax
    1 - Not an orderable option. An additional charge will be
    automatically added to the order.
    There are a few sites which had the "official" price mentioned on 10/06/08 which includes the destination charge and gas guzzler tax.

From Consumer Guide Automotive on 10/06/08...

"What's all this going to cost? Cadillac has just released a base price of $59,990 (including destination and gas guzzler tax). Fully loaded, a CTS-V should top out around $67K. This significantly undercuts Caddy's European rivals--BMW's M5 starts at $82,900, and Mercedes-Benz's E63 AMG begins at $85,300.

By the hard numbers, the CTS-V trumps its European rivals, though BMW and Mercedes still have a slight edge when it comes to overall refinement and suspension composure. Still, we can't help but think how far Cadillac has come from its Sansabelt days. The CTS-V goes on sale this fall."

Also for the record I WANT the track performance red Brembo brakes, but the Sales Consultant guide states that the option for the brakes will not be available until later in the year…dang!!!!!!!!!!

trukk is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '05 CTS-V, '12 CTS-V Manny Vagon

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    vote him off the island then

like i asked you guys to do back here
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums/1631901-post8.html

LOL, done. I voted punt.

-Chris
    2005 CTS-V:No Roof|T2+Eibachs|Corsa|UUC:Shifter, 2pc rotors, B-Lines, Motor/Tran Mounts, Diff Bushings|LPE CAI|FFV IntakeTube|Hotchkis Sways|Kooks 1.75 Coated LTs+cats|KARS III |Mamofied Fast90 + NW90|224/228 111+0 XFI/XE-R .609/.588+Dual Springs|ATI 25% UD Pulley|YT 1.7" UltraLites|Melling HiFlow OP|Cloyes Hex Adjust Timing Set|Lucas 42# Flow Matched Injectors|Katech LS9X Twin-Disk ClutchMustang Dyno Tuned (SAE): 412rwhp / 380 rwtq
    2012 CTS-V:No Roof|Wagon|M6|Recaros|Bone stock (for now)

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

:golfclap:

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

wut?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Howdy guys! Sorry I haven't been around, but I've been playing in the 3 day Member/Guest golf tournament we sponsor every year, and have been resting in the evenings instead of Internet-ing.

I see they've officially released the price to the public, eh? Thanks to all those who were wise enough to read between the lines and have a little confidence in the information I posted- you guys rock.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

neuronbob is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 6MT V wagon, OBM, 2009 silver V sedan (traded)

This is the day I've been waiting for. I'll take a base model, please, as I'm not that interested in the suede steering wheel or racing seats in what will be my new daily driver.

I'm still in shock that GM can even make a car like this, then just when you think they can't make the car any more amazing, they price it below the competition. I mean, just...wow. This will be my first American car in nearly ten years and I salute GM for making a winner, and Bob Lutz for having such great vision!

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

If the Recaro seats aren't an item you're interested in, perhaps you'd like to stake a claim to one of the two I have ordered without them? Check the following link for details:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...available.html
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

And to think 10 years ago the sportiest car Cadillac offered was the Seville STS...

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by ryannel2003 View Post
    And to think 10 years ago the sportiest car Cadillac offered was the Seville STS...
    Hey, I had a 93 STS which I think was the first Northstar. Since then an XLR;an XLV-V; 4 Vipers and 2 Vettes and I still have fond memories of that STS. At 300 HP I thought I had a Lambo.

ryannel2003 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2001 Honda Accord EX V6. Previous: 2004 Deville, 2000 STS

Oh nothing against the Seville's... I love mine to death. However, compared to what Cadillac has today, the cars seem like barges.

luxilon is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Tony, now that the official word on the base MSRP is out, I also see a lot prices being mentioned on this forum for the options e.g. $3400 for the Recaro's, $1450 for the ultraview roof etc. Are all the option prices pretty much official or not quite and are some (like the ultraview) simply taken from the base CTS?

One more thing, isn't Cadillac keeping the base MSRP artificially low by pricing it just under $60k but now charging over $2k for navigation (I seem to recall that most people thought this would be included in the base price)? For me the Recaros and the navigation is a must and this quickly adds about $6k to the base price.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by luxilon View Post
    Tony, now that the official word on the base MSRP is out, I also see a lot prices being mentioned on this forum for the options e.g. $3400 for the Recaro's, $1450 for the ultraview roof etc. Are all the option prices pretty much official or not quite and are some (like the ultraview) simply taken from the base CTS?

One more thing, isn't Cadillac keeping the base MSRP artificially low by pricing it just under $60k but now charging over $2k for navigation (I seem to recall that most people thought this would be included in the base price)? For me the Recaros and the navigation is a must and this quickly adds about $6k to the base price.
    We have a winner! good Nav units sell in a store for $500, GM charges $2k and will proabably stick a 2 year old disc in it like they did on my 04. I am willing to bet the Nav was supposed to be standard and they just made it an option to get the $59k out and that is why it took so long. Once the rags started saying $59k, GM knew they had to keep it close to that. Sorry to say but No one, including Tony knew what the price was going to be. GM did not know. The price of metals has come down considerably in the past 2 months and I am sure that also played into it as well as playing with the options.

I'm def. waiting until spring when they will be well below msrp. I can handle driving the Z06 on the nicer winter days. Cant wait for someone to put 20's on the car. The wheels just look too small for me.

UnsafeAtAnySpd is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V, '07 SRT8 Jeep, '86 Fiero

I think everybody who is buying these cars should opt for the Recaros, suede wheel and navigation...that way when I go to buy one used, there's a better chance I'll be able to find what I want.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.