What other cars did/are you considering? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, What other cars did/are you considering? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I was looking for an automatic and wasn't happy with the only remaining Caddy dealer. Katrina closed the best local ...
    Z06CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Traded in my 2004 V for an S6...

I was looking for an automatic and wasn't happy with the only remaining Caddy dealer. Katrina closed the best local Caddy dealer (Sewell Cadillac). I looked at both the M5, S6 and the AMG Benz. They wouldn't deal on them and the Audi dealer did. In my opinion each had their strong points and weak points. And I love my 2007 S6, (comfort, fast, great traction, good size, I-pod control). The local dealer isn't the best, but equal to the Caddy dealer.

I'm still lurking because I really miss my 2004 V. I'm a car freak, and would love a new automatic V. But I have a ZR1 on order and my wife would kill me if I got two new cars at the same time. If I was shopping for a car at this level, I would definitely get a new V.

CTSV556 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: What other cars did/are you considering?

335i
    GT-R
    Exige
    Upcoming S4

MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by CTS NV View Post
    G8 GXP: with a mere 415hp, a fair replacement for a 06 CTS-V
    M3 or 335i: the cars that still win every magazine comparison
    Challenger SRT-8: like the style, but not sure about sacrificing 4 doors
    CTS DI would be a contender with more power
    nothing with a slushbox
    I just had a 335 as a loaner when I took my M5 in for service and it was the first time I drove one. It is an awesome car. If I was buying a daily driver I would seriously consider it or even a 535xi which was the loaner I had the last time.

Lets face it, cars certainly are not an investment, especially daily drivers

ExtraV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was about to buy a C63, but I think i'm switching over to the CTS-V. Lots of problems with the C63s and they are really stripped with hardly any options for its price.

Just need to find a dealer with a solid price and that can deliver in the first batch.

nigwil is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have a 335xi and now considering 09 M3 Sedan or CTS-V. My reluctance with the CTS-V is long-term build quality - the reviews of the V1 are hardly flattering.

I was looking for a GT-R but the whole experience so far with Nissan North America (NNA) has been so disappointing and discouraging that the chances of consummating a 17-year wait are now slim to non-existent.

Pounder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am looking at the:
    CTS-V
    XF SV8 or XF-R (I am wondering how much that one will cost!)
    GT-R (too expensive!)
    BMW M3
    Corvette

bsteven43 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I'm surprised the IS-F isn't coming up more .... i drove one and it is wicked. i think they're selling for about $55k now.

Pounder is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by bsteven43 View Post
    I'm surprised the IS-F isn't coming up more .... i drove one and it is wicked. i think they're selling for about $55k now.
    The exhausts are so phony!

gotapex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Alas, none yet

I'm still mulling over the Audi R8 V10, which will have exhaust tips as phony as the IS-F ones. Not as practical as the CTS-V, but looks to be fun.

Mercedez L. is offline Cadillac Owners Member

It is between a CTS-V or the regular CTS V-6 DI. Whichever car gives a smoother ride on bumpy roads and more comfortable.

Mercedez L. is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by v84life View Post
    Thinking of a lot of cars. But my heart is set on the 09V as long as the finances stay at least where they are now till it's time. I'm looking at first of the year delivery.. That being said here are my thoughts...
    In no order... I see all these choices as 2nd choices. I truly believe this new car is worth buying and keeping.
    New SS Camaro
    Pontiac G8 GXP
    CTS di
    M3
    335i
    Used M5
    AMG C63
    Used CLK63
    Used E55
    Used E63
    Audi S6

The new Camaro will have the same V-6 300 horse engine as the CTS di car.
    How about considering the ZR-1 Corvette?

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedez L. View Post
    The new Camaro will have the same V-6 300 horse engine as the CTS di car.
    How about considering the ZR-1 Corvette?
    The standard Camaro will have the D.I. V6, but the Camaro SS like he mentioned will have either the L99 with the auto trans or the LS3 with the manual transmission.

Personally the LS3 based car would be quite tempting as a 2nd fun car because that engine can be easily modded by any Corvette shop with a mild cam and headers and once tuned should produce 460+ rwhp. I have a friend with the LS3 in his 08 Corvette that's getting 496 rwhp with that setup.

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by bsteven43 View Post
    It's nothing special to drive, it's butt-ugly, the back seat is weird, outward visibility on the IS body sucks (though that's hardly a strength of the CTS), etc.

It's a wanna-be.

Frankly, if you want something CTS-V size and don't want to spend $60K, wait to see how the G8 GXP turns out. A little less motor, cheaper interior trim, but certainly roomier and a fair chunk less money.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.