velvety - Page 20
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, velvety in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by Mercedez L. Cadillac cancelled one of their V-8 engines they had planned for production because it wouldn't ...
    JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Projected production of CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Mercedez L. View Post
    Cadillac cancelled one of their V-8 engines they had planned for production because it wouldn't meet CAFE standards.
    I don't think it was a matter of the engine not meeting CAFE standards, more a matter of GM concluding that CAFE is going to pinch sales of big-engine cars to the point that developing a new engine at this time probably doesn't make sense until things settle down a bit. Likewise they're apparently pushing off consideration of future Corvettes and Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade models. That's fine, the current products are pretty much best-in-class and if market conditions settle down all that'll happen is that their replacements get pushed out a year or two to minimal competitive disadvantage.

There will always be a market for big, but CAFE will push it further upmarket still. If you can afford an SL65 you don't give an airborne City of Brotherly Love act of fornication for gas-guzzler tax unless it impinges on your ability to pay for your NetJets share. And if you buy used you avoid all that anyway...
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Will this dang car ever be delivered???

Ok, prepared for flames ('they said Winter 08" etc) but I ordered a car that was built almost 3 weeks ago, and remains languishing on a lot somewhere. Suposedly, there was to be additional engineering checks etc. I guess I have to wonder how long do these checks take? And, if there are issues with these cars why is at least one dealer(and maybe more) already selling pre prodcution fleet cars??

This car is quickly becoming old news. It has been exhausted in the car mags and they are on to the next great car. The buzz is starting to fade etc.

And, yes I agree we all want a car that is fixed right and not subject to repeated recalls, but this is getting silly. They obviously had enough faith in the ones in pre production dealers were and are selling.

I have to say having bought new generation Vettes and Vipers and experiencing some delays , this is one of the odder experiences I have seen.

Tony, Dualcams??????

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: Will this dang car ever be delivered???

Literally, the moment I wrote this I received and email that there may be some movement at the plant. Keep fingers crossed.

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Just got the same update

IRONDOG is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Share the email, please.

estatesatty is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

If it makes any difference, I was at the Miami autoshow this weekend. I spoke with a rep who actually let me in the show car (which was locked as a showcase car). He said he worked at the factory and that cars should be delivered to the dealerships starting tomorrow.

ExtraV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I was at the car show too. They shouldn't make any more blue Vs after seeing that one. Really didn't impress me or anyone else that much. But i know it was the softness of the color that made people miss it. Red, white, or silver would have really popped.

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by estatesatty View Post
    If it makes any difference, I was at the Miami autoshow this weekend. I spoke with a rep who actually let me in the show car (which was locked as a showcase car). He said he worked at the factory and that cars should be delivered to the dealerships starting tomorrow.
    something must be happening, because my dealer called me and said the same thing.

vixapphire is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1991 Fleetwood FWD, 2002 DTS (both gone)

Driving home up La Cienega tonight I was behind, beside and then in front of a new CTS-V! With Michigan MFR plates...

I'm not certain, but it looks like the taillight treatment is unique to the V, or new for 09, where with lights on - no brakes, the taillight has a single vertical red line that's the same effect as the horizontal taillight "lines" in the BMW 6-series. really cool and outstanding effect, as the car just pops from a block away!

Can't wait to see more of these around.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

That's it, I can't wait any longer. SMART dealership here I come.

What's this, cars can be moving now ? To hell with that, it's not Fracking winter yet and they said it would be "winter". What kind of a car manufacturer doesn't deliver their cars when they say they're going to. These Fracking guys need to go out of business for this kind of on time/early delivery. WTF.

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

^^^^^ Lol.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

rofl @ CIWS.

Seriously though- I also received an email last night from the person at the factory I've been talking with, and he told me that the V's have passed the "quality valve" and are leaving for Dealers.

Sweet!
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

thebigjimsho is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

You new car buying weenies...

Kadonny is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Owned 3 V's, now driving a GC STR8

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

I'm glad to hear everyone is hearing the same thing. They may start showing up then at dealers by weeks end. At least those of us close to Michigan.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.