velvety - Page 18
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, velvety in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; lol ummm..........
    Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Re: CTS-V Coupe runs circles around GT-R.

lol ummm.......
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by V-Love View Post
    Most people are aware that they are totally different classes of automobile. All of the controversy will be dismissed when the V Coupe is released. It will obviously destroy the GT-R in every category. It won't even be close. I would have to say that it will be more of a match with the new Mosler.
    The idea of a coupe is starting to grow on me.
    I like your enthusiasm. But the coupe will barely be lighter than the sedan, if at all. The new V finished 8.4 seconds behind the GT-R at VIR at C&D's Lightning Lap. The new V and the coupe is not meant to be a drop everything(including the tranny) car exclusively for the track that the GT-R is...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Ketzer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): aintgotnarn

Most people are aware that they are totally different classes of automobile. All of the controversy will be dismissed when the V Coupe is released. It will obviously destroy the GT-R in every category. It won't even be close. I would have to say that it will be more of a match with the new Mosler.
    V Coupe = Mosler, destroy GT-R? Double FAIL!

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Re: velvety

Nothing like internet cool guy wannabes...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too).

Listen..... I was drunk. I didn't know what I was getting into. Obviously, someone thought of that before me.
    Like I say.....drunk....and I saw a coupe pic that got me fired up!
    Sorry. I really love Caddy's! Nissan's....not so much.

Drunk now too. Its been a good week.

caddiedrummer is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Let me know how it goes --I think I am out

I am first in line with at a high volume Caddy dealer but have come to the conclusion that I may wait this out. I have a perfectly gorgeous, low milage M5 I cannot give away. My dealer wants MSRP which is not outrageous in a normal market for the newest toy. He will offer me wholesale , auction for my M.

Having lost 1/3 of my 401K; fearing my tax rate is about to go from 36% to 56% (not to get political here) and knowing as with every high end toy, the V will be going for way below MSRP in several months, I am out of the game.I figure between my trade and paying MSRP I will flush $25- or so K down the toilet.

I have always been willing to take the hit on the newest, baddest car (Vipers, C6 Vettes, Z06s etc) but for the first time I am waving the white flag. If I go forward I will drive a car off the lot that will depreciate $10K or more in 2 months.

It pains me but like a lot of folks the times are just not right. If anyone wants my spot let me know--although my guess is my dealer will just move someone up (if there is someone) Enjoy. I will be envious.

LV_V is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '11 Evo Green V Coupe - 6MT

Re: Let me know how it goes --I think I am out

I am in complete agreement with you, and it makes me sick. The current economy and the coming doom of the election make this an uncertain time to buy a $70k daily driver for me.

BigFred is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Black 2014 Vsport Premium

You are clearly making the right money decision so stay cool

An M5 makes one hell of a consolation prize, and in the meantime you can play the role of Euro snob if anyone asks. Tout natural aspiration or something.

Knuguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

If I had an M5, I would not be trading it in. The new V is sweet, but why take the hit on a great car to get another great car. Wait 2 years, the M will still have value and the used V will be available for 1/2. Lets face it GM's do not exactly hold value. 05's are on ebay for $20k,

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

I'm with you guys.

Early on I decided to wait for the 2010 model for a couple of reasons: to hear what early buyers here said, and to give GM a chance to fix the inevitable first year production issues.

Now I'm watching my home and stock portfolio plummet in value and I'm thinking that waiting makes more sense than ever.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by Knuguy View Post
    If I had an M5, I would not be trading it in. The new V is sweet, but why take the hit on a great car to get another great car. Wait 2 years, the M will still have value and the used V will be available for 1/2. Lets face it GM's do not exactly hold value. 05's are on ebay for $20k,
    The argument that "the Ms hold their value" doesn't hold a lot of water when we have several posters on these forums with M5s or M3s that they can't give away.

A year or two from now the V will certainly be cheaper, but anyone who thinks their BMUU won't depreciate and equal amount is kidding themselves.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Knuguy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V

Just glancing on ebay the 05 V's seem to be at 50% Sticker value and the M5's (06) are about 60-65%, but if you look in the history, neither of the two cars are moving. Its just not a good time to sell a car period unless you want to discount it. Both are not exactly fuel efficient vehicles and both are niche market type cars. Folks are going to be tight with their wallets with the election looming and wall street rollercoaster. Most of your target audience (those seeking an M5) have money invested in either a 401k or stocks, so you know they are all hurting

ba83 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): V

I agree , I generally dont buy cars in their first year no matter how much I like them becuase there are always a few bugs that need work. V is indeed a great car but if you are driving an M5 its good to hold for couple of years

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

You have not lost any money in your 401k until you go to cash it in. I never understood why people freek out during a crash. A better reason not to buy the V right now is to invest more money in your 401k while the market is down. Its the stock market. It goes up and down and will continue to go up and down.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Perhaps some posters are past the accumulation phase and into distribution. That makes a difference in how the 401k is viewed in a downturn.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.