'09 V has NO Wheelhop!
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, '09 V has NO Wheelhop! in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Well, the GM engineers did a clutch dump for us at Summit Point and roasted the tires through 2 gears.....Everyone ...
    SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

'09 V has NO Wheelhop!

Well, the GM engineers did a clutch dump for us at Summit Point and roasted the tires through 2 gears.....Everyone got videos they will be up soon I'm sure!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

parexa is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: '09 V has NO Wheelhop!

woot for 60ft times and parking lot burnouts

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Two sets of tracks here, the unbroken ones are the first shot.
    The second set you'll see broken in the middle. That was his shift from first to 2nd.

Pic of the burnout in the "good morning from summit" thread.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

I shed a tear. It may have been noxious rubber fumes.

ewill3rd is offline Cadillac Technician
    Automobile(s): none

Those tires did have a pretty strong odor when burning!

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Good news and will help make V2 a true success. Perhaps all our whining (no pun intended) paid off.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV View Post
    Good news and will help make V2 a true success. Perhaps all our whining (no pun intended) paid off.
    I have a pretty strong feeling that NO Wheelhop + Cast Iron Diff = Forever Awesome!

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

LS9 transplants, crank overdrive pulleys, headers, light flywheels, nitrous, drag radials, 6000 rpm clutch dumps, ....Yep, it can and will be broken. It's the rule of mass produced things and our gearheadiness inability to leave cars stock. FYI Cadillac, gearheads will be purchasing new Vs.

What we have going for us is they know how bad we would crucify them if they didn't get it right the second time around.

Waiting for the 2010 updates and stashing away money for the next 18 months...Hope it goes fast.

SkullV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): NONE

LS9 transplants, crank overdrive pulleys, headers, light flywheels, nitrous, drag radials, 6000 rpm clutch dumps, ....Yep, it can and will be broken. It's the rule of mass produced things and our gearheadiness inability to leave cars stock. FYI Cadillac, gearheads will be purchasing new Vs.

What we have going for us is they know how bad we would crucify them if they didn't get it right the second time around.

Waiting for the 2010 updates and stashing away money for the next 18 months...Hope it goes fast.
    GM engineer told me they will be making a pulley upgrade for us. They said they now understand the aftermarket following of the CTS-V and they want to keep it all in the family....i.e....headers, exhaust, pulleys, intakes...they ALSO said the stock exhaust is so free flowing that you can roll a 2" ball bearing from the exhaust tip to the cat!

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Cool on GM Performance as they did the same for the Cobalt SS.

You can guess with upgrades it will not be making near ZR-1 numbers.

Wonder if they'll offer a diff cooler like the automatic one had?!

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    GM engineer told me they will be making a pulley upgrade for us. They said they now understand the aftermarket following of the CTS-V and they want to keep it all in the family....i.e....headers, exhaust, pulleys, intakes...they ALSO said the stock exhaust is so free flowing that you can roll a 2" ball bearing from the exhaust tip to the cat!

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I'm glad they recognize there is an after-market but they really need to tell the service rep's.

gophaster is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Very true ...but the incredible performance this car brings to the table out of the box will certainly weed out many people....only those owners with truly HUGE cojones will need more

For example...My back up car (should the V wind up too expensive) is a new M3 sedan...which would need a 100shot of nitrous IMMEDIATELY.... BUT the cts-v would remain stock for me (well maybe just a pulley for kicks).

SLPR 6.0L is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by SkullV View Post
    Hopefully modding with GM parts wont void the warranty. Cant wait if so

Silverspeed is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Quote Originally Posted by SLPR 6.0L View Post
    Hopefully modding with GM parts wont void the warranty. Cant wait if so
    Yep. If I can get over 600 hp and a factory warranty(even if it's shortened from the 5/100) I'll be in line.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

We do upgrades because we can, not because we need them. And then there is always the desire to beat the bone stock version of your same car, whatever car that is. GM available upgrades bodes VERY well for the durability of the stock drivetrain bits.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.