Nurburgring 7:59.32 - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Nurburgring 7:59.32 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by StealthViggen 3. The V will absolutely crush a GTR from a 10mph roll all the way to ...
    verbs is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Re: Nurburgring 7:59.32

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    3. The V will absolutely crush a GTR from a 10mph roll all the way to 130+ - I guarantee it!
    You're an absolute fool if you think that....and the only reason that would ever happen if is if the GT-R hit it's pre-programmecd speedo cutoff when not on a track. A GT-R without any governing will easily beat a CTS-V from a 10mph roll.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthViggen View Post
    6. The V will be more readily modded - Forged 454 LSX + LS9 blower = 900whp all day long
    Are you on absolute crack? More readily modded? That right there is going to cost at least $20,000 without all the necessary drivetrain/suspension mods to support all that.

You'll be able to squeeze a lot more power out of the GT-R for a lot less money comapred to the V.

You are so off your kilter here.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    Urb, check your PMs, as I sent you the application for a moderator for the GTR Forum,,,
    it didnt come with the bribe so i tossed it
    :gtr:

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I went home from the bar with a GT-R last night. Not only did I have them time of my life, but I woke up this morning and it was cooking me breakfast and cleaning my house.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Lanman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS-V

Hey, is that a roll bar I see? Is that going to be standard or an option? I think my kids would love to have a rollbar to swing on after I pick them up from daycare.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

I am thinking Cafe Press:

7:59:32
    CTS-V - When pigs fly

I'd wear that with honor LMAO

NormV is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Quote Originally Posted by Lanman View Post
    Hey, is that a roll bar I see? Is that going to be standard or an option? I think my kids would love to have a rollbar to swing on after I pick them up from daycare.
    Sparco and 5-6 point will keep them from romper room antics!

Norm

StealthViggen is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by verbs View Post
    You're an absolute fool if you think that....and the only reason that would ever happen if is if the GT-R hit it's pre-programmecd speedo cutoff when not on a track. A GT-R without any governing will easily beat a CTS-V from a 10mph roll.
    More internet fanboy myth right there. Quote from car and driver:
    Well, the crew at Car and Driver set out to dispel the rumors and set the record straight once and for all. For starters, they called up Nissan and asked about the speed limiter, to which Nissan replied that U.S.-spec cars will be redline limited only, with no electronics holding drivers back.
    For the record I put about 3-4 cars on an RS4 from a roll to 120. A car that has 20 more hp and also super amazing AWD! Parasitic losses of AWD will cause a car to lose to a RWD car of equal spec everytime.

Are you on absolute crack? More readily modded? That right there is going to cost at least $20,000 without all the necessary drivetrain/suspension mods to support all that.
    Would you prefer cam, pulley bolt on's and a tune for 650 whp and a couple of grand? I was higlighting that those mods exist today, and you would have a bullet proof, proven engine setup anyhow. What mods are available for a GTR? Also - Nissan has stated they went out of their way to make the ECU un-hackable to protect the bottom end and driveline. By the way do you know the auto tranny in the V is rated to 800 lb/ft? If you think the nissan DCT tranny isn't going to puke at hp of that kind you need to put the pipe down.

You'll be able to squeeze a lot more power out of the GT-R for a lot less money comapred to the V.
    Really.. based on what? Parts that don't yet exist for a GTR? I mean come on, everybody knows how difficult and expensive LSx motors are to mod!(read- sarcasim)

You are so off your kilter here.
    Maybe, but everything I have stated was based on facts availabe, reasonable deduction, and from research garnered from a potential owner of either car, as opposed to hype and over speculation by people who probably will never own or drive either car.

Dr Chill is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 08 CTS, 03 Z06 LS2 408 track car, 07 Q7 tow vehicle

Just think what the GT-R $25,000 market adjustment would do for the CTS-V in the mod department. Can you say Warhawk and cubic inches? Or maybe coilovers and carbon fiber. The TR-6060 can be beefed up pretty nicely for about $1500 too. It's all irrelevant though because the beauty is at the stock power level, no more power adding is needed aside from induction or exhaust. KEEP YOUR WARRANTY!!!!!! That's my advice. The CTS-V will never be a racecar and it will never be the track equal to a GT-R.

The more you modify a motor, the more you appreciate the stock configuration if there's enough grunt to start with.

Leave the modding to the current M5/M3/E55/E63/RS6/RS4 owners to keep up with the CTS-V!!!

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

A M5 isn't even a true V competitor so I find it amusing that we're now comparing Vs to Datsuns.

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Check

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

I heard that driving a GT-R is the cure for Cancer.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

i had a gtr enema last night and man did it work great, lost 2 pounds

Rich H is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    I heard that driving a GT-R is the cure for Cancer.
    Only if you're eating shark fin soup hanging out with GT-R crowd.

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanski View Post
    i had a gtr enema last night and man did it work great, lost 2 pounds
    A two pound loss for the GTR means another return to The Ring to try and lower its time.
    Not sure, but I heard a rumor that the GTR was run without passenger & rear seats & no head rest for driver, no insulation & carpeting, one gallon of gas, sans gas cap and missing a quart of oil, no A/C parts, inner panels and trunk lid removed, no audio equipment, no rearview mirror & no side mirrors, three lugnuts per wheel, no emblems, driver weighed 85lbs-did lap in birthday suit, etc...

The V3 will probably post just north of 7:00 in 2013, what a great car!

P-Funk is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2006 Raven CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    no emblems
    But it had the added paint weight of "2fitty wuz here" on the side of it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.