Nurburgring 7:59.32 - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Nurburgring 7:59.32 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; (must.... resist.... futile ....) You Black Raven guys know why they ran it in Radiant Silver, right? ... right?...
    razl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum

Re: Nurburgring 7:59.32

(must.... resist.... futile....)

You Black Raven guys know why they ran it in Radiant Silver, right? ... right?

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Quote Originally Posted by razl View Post
    Because they're waiting to set the official production record with the faster black one?

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Does that mean that when GM decides to build my batch of super-CTS-V wagons they'll throw in three days of 'Ring time with Mr Heinricy and company?

Excuse me, this is a really good Malbec I'm working on...oh well, back to the bottle...
    If you purchase a batch, I'm sure things could be worked out.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by razl View Post

Because they went so fast, the black paint peeled off...

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Son, it's not silver.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

haha stealing bandwidth

Brett is offline Watching the Watchers

When did ring time become so important? It's comical to picture most any owner of a CTS-V, GTR, etc. spinning out of control and destroying his car and possibly himself trying to match these numbers. Or is this the new bench racing? When you pull up to someone at a stoplight you ask them their "ring time".

These GTR guys are pathetic, its a cool car, we get it.....get over it

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post

These GTR guys are pathetic, its a cool car, we get it.....get over it
    gtr > paid off mortgage

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Quote Originally Posted by figgie View Post
    since 2009 is not in full swing production. Just like the GT-r. It can not be called a production vehicle until there are NUMEROUS of them on the road, AND, a random sampling is taken from those produced cars and RAN.
    Ummm......the GT-R is a production car. Just because it's not available here doesn't mean that it's not already in production. The car has been for sale in Japan for the past couple of months now. But big time kudos to the CTS-V! That is one hell of a lap time for a sedan. I didn't read the article yet but was this a test mule or an actual production, ready to go model?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Ummm......the GT-R is a production car. Just because it's not available here doesn't mean that it's not already in production. The car has been for sale in Japan for the past couple of months now. But big time kudos to the CTS-V! That is one hell of a lap time for a sedan. I didn't read the article yet but was this a test mule or an actual production, ready to go model?
    Pre-production, no mods. They had 2 mules at Summit Point with all kinds of go fast candy. Then they had an unmolested pre-pro as well. I had fun with him on track...

Quote Originally Posted by StealthCTSVJJL View Post
    The V2's time is less than 4 seconds slower than the Z06, considering it is a big spacious 4 door sedan with an awesome luxury interior, thats good enough for me, if I wanted a a sports car like the GT-R I would wait for the Corvette ZR-1, which may not be quicker than the GT-R at that German race track but will certainly spank one on good ole Interstate 95. Plus let's see if that GT-R's times are real, even Car and Driver on their test of the GT-R last month stated that it was an "engineering test mule" not even a pre production car.
    If you thought the GT-R’s previous recorded lap time of 7m 38s at the Nurburgring was shockingly fast get ready to be stunned again as Nissan has confirmed today that its latest supercar has achieved a blistering lap time of just 7m 29 seconds - making it one of the fastest ever production road cars to attack the ‘Ring. The lap times were recorded on April 16 and 17 and were for a stock-standard base specification GT-R fitted with the same Japanese market tires as the cars in showrooms.

Driven by GT-R chief test driver Tochio Suzuki, this latest lap time beats the previous fastest time for the GT-R by nine seconds (and the Porsche 911 GT2 by three whole seconds). Incidentally, the previous time was also set by Suzuki and was already one of the fastest laps achieved by a production car. Poor conditions on the previous attempt - slightly damp on two corners – was cited as reasons for the slower time.

“At last year’s testing, we were frustrated by the conditions at the Nürburgring, always believing that the GT-R could go under seven minutes 30 seconds,” said Kazutoshi Mizuno, Nissan’s chief vehicle engineer for the GT-R. “Below seven minutes 30 seconds, the GT-R proves it is among the fastest mass-production cars in the world. We set out to build a multi-performance supercar accessible to anyone, anytime and anywhere – I believe the GT-R has delivered that promise.”

If the standard GT-R is this quick we can only imagine how fast the lighter and more powerful Spec-V model due next year will be. Prototypes spotted testing last month are said to be achieving lap times of 7m 25s and given the performance of the stock model we suspect the new car could be even faster.
    http://www.motorauthority.com/news/s...29s/#more-5671

I'm not here to start another GT-R battle or anything but when you talk out your ass like this your only making yourself look like a fool. So the actual production car is faster then the test mules

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Pre-production, no mods. They had 2 mules at Summit Point with all kinds of go fast candy. Then they had an unmolested pre-pro as well. I had fun with him on track...
    Who did you have to sleep with to get that!? But quick question for ya. Is it true that the blower on the LSA can't be changed? I've heard this from a couple of different places but I never have gotten 100% confirmation on that

Quote Originally Posted by Blackout View Post
    Who did you have to sleep with to get that!? But quick question for ya. Is it true that the blower on the LSA can't be changed? I've heard this from a couple of different places but I never have gotten 100% confirmation on that
    I don't know the specs, but I think it would be very difficult to replace the s/c. Actually, anyone in the Advanced class at the Lindsay Cadillac V-day at Summit Point had the opportunity to wrangle with the '09s. They had all 3 in our class...

Lindsay Cadillac is offline Alexandria, Va
    Automobile(s): Work on them all...

I don't think they ever took the production model out on the track... I think it was just for everyone to ooooh and ahhh over, which there was a lot of... They did have both of the testing cars on the track in every advanced session. I didn't get to see the last advanced session with the track in the best condition of the day but I heard from Bill that they were really going at it...

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Does Japan use higher octane like Germans do compared to USA Germany uses 96-97 octane? Boosted cars love octane!

I wonder what the track elevation on the ring? Sounds like HP and boosted cars have the upper hand. The 09 v @ summit was go where fast when around me.

But on a Watkins Glen or VIR might be a different story compared to Shenandoha tight course. .

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.