Nurburgring 7:59.32 - Page 10
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Nurburgring 7:59.32 in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Teh GT-R grammar police forumz....
    lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Re: Nurburgring 7:59.32

Teh GT-R grammar police forumz.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Quote Originally Posted by v84life View Post
    What forum is this???
    It's the one where Cimmarons and Cateras are direct and entirely equal competitors to European cars and now Datsuns - All for less money. Yay!

Another way to say it - We're all chomping at the bit for V2 and the wait is killing us.

Bring out your dead!

Blackout is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 1995 FTS

Wow. I haven't been on a computer in a couple of days and I came back to this cluster fawk. There has been some very good points brought up in this thread and a lot of talking out your azz posts in here as well. First off the GT-R's engine has already been dyno'd so here are the results. According to Motor Trend the GT-R is making at least 507 hp at the crank but at the wheels it's putting down 435.8 hp @ 6800 rpm & 439.1 lb-ft @ 3900 rpm in 4th gear. They have no idea as to how much power it loses through the power train so they set up 3 different power train losses and these are the numbers it would be putting out

15% loss 20% loss 25% loss
    Horsepower 506.6 hp 538.3 hp 574.1 hp
    Torque 500.4 tq 531.6 tq 567.1 tq

Second, Mine's cracked the GT-R's ECU before the car was even released in Japan and since then I believe Top Secret and HKS have cracked the ECU IIRC. So the ECU isn't a problem anymore.

Mod's for the GT-R, once again just because they aren't available here doesn't mean there isn't anything out for them yet. Lots of the big name Japanese tuner companies already have different packages available for the GT-R.

As for the GT-R's AWD system, the car only throws power to the front wheels when it senses slip or it needs power to the front wheels. I believe the max power it throws to the front wheels is only like 30% or something like that. From a dead stop it will use the AWD to launch it but once at WOT it will disengage the power to the front wheels essentially making the car RWD.

Everybody seems to be comparing the V2 to the GT-R (I have no idea why but it has been amusing). I doubt too many people are going to be cross shopping a domestic 4 door luxury sedan to a 2 door Nissan racer. But quite a few people have been making statements that, "The GT-R isn't a car I'd consider because it's missing two doors" well my question to you is then what is your feelings on the possibility of Cadillac and the CTS-V coupe? I'm sure you're pretty psyched for that to come out aren't you?

But this talk between these two cars is just funny. Two totally different cars for two totally different crowds. Nissan said from day 1 that the 911TT is the GT-R's main goal to beat. They did.[/END_THREAD]

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

gtr

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Better yet, someone please tell me why there is so much discussion about the GTR on this site??

Quote Originally Posted by chris1268 View Post
    Someone please tell me what this GTR discussion has to do with wheel-hop??????
    Someone please tell me when we were even discussing wheel hop in this thread??????

chris1268 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 09 cts-v

Oops - wrong thread. I can't seem to keep them all straight since the discussion about the GTR seems to get into every one of them. Get over the GTR already and move on.

onebadcad is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '09 V BR 4dr 6spd,'05 C6R 1400+HP, '05 V BEST EVA!!

This thread has swayed me, as I was going to buy a V2 and was considering also getting a GTR/GT-R (is there a hyphen, damn grammar police).
    Now I am buying two GTRs (I have decided no hyphen, takes too long to type), one that does a 7:55 lap time and the other one which dials in at 7:44 (damn, I hope the quicker one does not have a pricing premium) and no V2.
    I would like to thank the Cadillac Forums for helping me make my final decision-every thread needs a bit of irony.

BTW, BO, The Red Devils will prevail on 03/21, just as they did in the EPL!!!

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by chris1268 View Post
    Oops - wrong thread. I can't seem to keep them all straight since the discussion about the GTR seems to get into every one of them. Get over the GTR already and move on.
    Yeah, I've been waiting for someone to suggest that the GT-R cures venereal warts and will get you a 4.25% home loan with no credit check.

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

It cures Cancer, AIDS and is guaranteed to get you a 4.0% home loan, and it automatically makes your credit score 770. And you should see what happens when you order the optional flux capicator. Woooh!
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

Quote Originally Posted by onebadcad View Post
    BTW, BO, The Red Devils will prevail on 03/21, just as they did in the EPL!!!
    Your damn straight they are going to win! Screw Chelsea! Cristiano Ronaldo will have 2 goals tomorrow and I hope Drogba gets red carded.

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

Yes, but this is a real Cadillac.

Lap time at the 'Ring = under 8 minutes...err 18 minutes. It would be fun to see what she'd do. Who's up for a road trip to Deustchland? (We need a bridge across the Atlantic)

I~LUV~Caddys8792 is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): '14 Honda Accord LX

Let's take this instead.

Sixteen cylinders of badassness!! (never mind the fact it's probably only 180hp)
    "They call Alabama the Crimson Tide, call me Deacon Blues."

JEM
    JEM is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by I~LUV~Caddys8792 View Post
    Sixteen cylinders of badassness!! (never mind the fact it's probably only 180hp)
    Y'know, I'd been thinking that I need to get one of the old GMC 702ci V12 truck motors (a real sweet one just went for $3K on eBay), hang four GT25s on it (don't even think about revs, it's seriously oversquare but it's got a really long crank...), build a nice quarter-elliptic-sprung underslung-axle frame for it, set it up to run flex gasoline/E85, then hit GM up for some FlexFuel marketing money to get someone to beat a nice set of late '20s/early '30s-ish Brooklands-roadster aluminum body panels for it.

If Heinricy wants to help with a couple weeks of suspension-setup work at the Nordschleife, get some arms-and-elbows Nuvolariesque shots for his office wall, i'd be more than happy to oblige.

My God, I just looked up the Wikipedia entry for Reid Railton, I had no idea he spent the last half of his life thirty miles from here...

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by JEM View Post
    Y'know, I'd been thinking that I need to get one of the old GMC 702ci V12 truck motors (a real sweet one just went for $3K on eBay), hang four GT25s on it (don't even think about revs, it's seriously oversquare but it's got a really long crank...), build a nice quarter-elliptic-sprung underslung-axle frame for it, set it up to run flex gasoline/E85, then hit GM up for some FlexFuel marketing money to get someone to beat a nice set of late '20s/early '30s-ish Brooklands-roadster aluminum body panels for it.

If Heinricy wants to help with a couple weeks of suspension-setup work at the Nordschleife, get some arms-and-elbows Nuvolariesque shots for his office wall, i'd be more than happy to oblige.

My God, I just looked up the Wikipedia entry for Reid Railton, I had no idea he spent the last half of his life thirty miles from here...
    Even if you have the knowledge to do all that, what kind of alcohol are you drinking to put that together at 1:30AM?

-- We miss you, JD (Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.