Who has the latest dirt? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Who has the latest dirt? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; As I've pointed out in other threads, adding perforated leather, USB and iPod hookups, keyless access, lumbar supports, Satellite radio ...
    Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Re: Who has the latest dirt?

As I've pointed out in other threads, adding perforated leather, USB and iPod hookups, keyless access, lumbar supports, Satellite radio and premium speakers to an M5 takes the MSRP up to $92,570. Yowza.

Configured M5

Assuming a fully loaded 2009 CTS-V stickers out for close to $70k with Recaros and everything (if it ends up being that high, which we still don't know for sure), where's the other $23k in value?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac
    Quick reply to this message Reply  

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Aww, dammit! I was wrong. I could only configure an M5 up to $97G. Thank goodness Cadillac came along...

StealthV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 Z06 / 2013 F150 EcoBeast / 2008 Twin-Turbo Bimmer

A V isn't better because it is cheaper.

Contribute something new...

No one said it is better because it was less expensive, just that it is. I know a lot of people have had shaky service experiences with their local Dealership, but the same horror stories exist for BMW Dealers. Even if we assume that the "overall" Service experience is better with BMW Dealers (which I don't agree with, but let's pretend for minute), it's still a stretch to say that it justifies the extra $20-$30k that they command over a comparably equipped and performing domestic.

This has all been hashed out in the M3/C63 thread, but there's also OnStar, 40gb HDD, PTM, Stabilitrak, etc,etc,etc..... The new CTS is being universally hailed as having one of the best interiors on the road, and the build quality and panel fit are world class- that used to be BMWs trump card over Cadillac, but no longer. It now comes down to performance, amenities and value. Amenities are about equal (each has a few exclusives over the other), the Cadillac will provide better performance AND at a substantially lower price. The evidence is stacking up for a major victory for Cadillac.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

TheRooster is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Aww, dammit! I was wrong. I could only configure an M5 up to $97G. Thank goodness Cadillac came along...
    I drove on that listed for $99,500, son. Drove it and beat the TAR out of it here in Raleigh. Got up to 155 on the freeway.

It don't matter, grocery store aisle, them plastic boats...
    When it comes to Mike Wallace, the story ends with me putting him in the wall.

TheRooster is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    The question comes up of how long BMUU will go before they beef up the M5. Of course they won't do it without also beefing up the price, probably getting near the 100K mark.
    I've seen spy shots of a twin turbo version on the BMUU.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by TheRooster View Post
    I drove on that listed for $99,500, son. Drove it and beat the TAR out of it here in Raleigh. Got up to 155 on the freeway.
    Kinda like the Jayhawks...

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    also OnStar, 40gb HDD, PTM, Stabilitrak, etc,etc,etc.....
    My BMW Assist does everything On$tar does but doesn't cost me anything for four years.

Explain the 160 GB HDD in my BMW playing mp3s.

PTM and StabilTrak are GM exclusives by name only.

Blah, blah, blah.

P.S. The twin turbo M5 is coming...Spec for spec, the only real advantage V2 has is price and I don't want to be kidnapped by K-Mart with another crappy diff and five shitty dealers as in V1.

Not saying I wouldn't drink a beer with the man but if Tony comes anywhere near me, I'm putting him in the wall.

P.S. Where's the HUD on V2?

P.S.S. At the end of the day, it comes down to the brand experience. GM and its dealer organization has some work to do to justify (command the same $ in the market) and play with the big dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV View Post
    My BMW Assist does everything On$tar does but doesn't cost me anything for four years.
    Your BMW assist doesn't do half the things OnStar does. Automatic advanced crash notification, email diagnostic updates, link with a Verizon cell phone account, turn by turn navigation while moving, and many others are OnStar exclusives. You can bet that it cost you plenty, too- they just don't have the courtesy of offering the option to discontinue it, but instead just jam the 4 years of service into the price of the car.

I know you've got to defend and justify your purchase now that you own one, but facts are facts.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV
    Not saying I wouldn't drink a beer with the man but if Tony comes anywhere near me, I'm putting him in the wall.
    You'd never catch me with my StealthV tune. Wait- did I just advertise for the guy who's constantly going after me on the forums?

I've got a ton of respect for you man, but come on....
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The M5 will be slower than the V and I can see a $115k+ TT M5. The M5 is quickly becoming an exotic car in its pricing. What makes an M5 worth close to $100k right now is still beyond me. What makes it worth $25k more over the V, espcially when they are both built to specifically be performance cars and the performance car that costs $25k less is out performing you.

Seems my point is being missed again. Done beating that dead horse.

How about something new?

[YOUTUBE]hAFEQ7ft0HA[/YOUTUBE]

Ravensblack_ESV is offline Cadillac Owners Member

So where is the ebrake?

Albertan is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 Cadillac CTS REDLINE 2006 CTS-V Infared

In case any one cares, an M5 in Canada is $122,000. So much for pricing equality with the US. Also BMW makes it very difficult to import to Canada from USA. My neighbour has an X5 and M3 convertible and has been having all sorts of grief. My customs broker did paperwork for my V and it took me 10 minutes to bring it in. I do have to say when I brought the V in they were selling in Canada for $73,000.
    Oh, I just noticed BMW Canada is advertising at the top of all the threads. I sure hope they have to pay BIG bucks to do it.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

If I was rich(where you at Koooop), I would have both in my 50 car garage.

V-Love is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV(killed), 2005 CTSV(killed that too). 2004 DTS.

Quote Originally Posted by StealthV View Post

P.S.S. At the end of the day, it comes down to the brand experience. GM and its dealer organization has some work to do to justify (command the same $ in the market) and play with the big dogs.

Agreed, but thank God they are workin on it. I hope they always keep price lower than the Bimmers and become hard competitors with each other. Then we all win.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.