09' CTS-V vs Little "Big" brother new Pontiac G8 GXP? - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

View Poll Results: Which car makes more sense in your garages??

Voters
89. You may not vote on this poll
  • 2009 CTS-V

67 75.28%
  • 09 V's Little "Big" brother the 2009 Pontiac G8 GXP

22 24.72%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 09' CTS-V vs Little "Big" brother new Pontiac G8 GXP? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; It all depends on were your located....
    CTSV_Rob is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Re: 09' CTS-V vs Little "Big" brother new Pontiac G8 GXP?

It all depends on were your located.

JimmyH is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    The rear seat room of the G8 rivals any LX car I've ever sat in. There was plenty of room. And the seats were far more comfortable than those in Chryslers...
    Numbers aside, I regularly ride in a vendor's 300. It feels very cramped inside for such a large car.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by BowenCT View Post
    I am trying to come up with some witty retort, however I am wondering if perhaps this was written in attempt to stir up a few yuks......??

Signed,

Slightly Confused
    For every horror story on an Internet forum about a Service Department, there are 40 customers going through the same shop that day who are 100% happy with the experience.

My car's got a few mods on it (headers, cats, UUC, etc..) and not only does my Service Department still do warranty work without hassle, but they were the ones who installed my mods for me.
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    One of each would be the way to go.
    Concur.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    For every horror story on an Internet forum about a Service Department, there are 40 customers going through the same shop that day who are 100% happy with the experience.

My car's got a few mods on it (headers, cats, UUC, etc..) and not only does my Service Department still do warranty work without hassle, but they were the ones who installed my mods for me.
    I have stood in line behind some of those "horror story" victims at the dealer. And without fail they are always some nitpick who believes the service departments mission in life is to bow and suck before them.

I have been flatout lied to by my Nissan dealer (and I am a VIP there). But they always fix the problem. Good enough for me.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Like it or not, most dealerships that I've either worked with directly, or used as a customer, could do MUCH better with respect to adequately diagnosing and repairing cars. I also think that if the mechanics had more direct input from the customers, it would translate into better CSI across the boards since quite often, the service writers don't get the proper info on the RO. And then you also have the company lines:
    1. Could not duplicate customer concern/complaint.
    2. Performs to manufactures specifications

Those two items show up on more RO's than they should, and it's VERY aggravating to customers.
    That said, I doubt the Pontiac service dept. will be any better or worse than the Cadillac ones.

:golf clap:

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    I have been flatout lied to by my Nissan dealer (and I am a VIP there).
    Ooooooooh, Nissan VIP. We're not worthy.

no, you are not worthy,
    but then, I am no longer a nissan VIP (at least I dont need to be anymore)

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Tony, with all due respect, and I say that sincerely because I read, enjoy and take value in every one of your posts, but the truth of the matter remains that GM service depts. across the board are severely lacking. I know they are not all pitiful, but I can honestly tell you, that in my somewhat limited experience of having bought 4 new GM vehicles in my life, not once, ever, have I left a GM service dept. (multiple dealers) feeling 100% satisfied. I know, I need to find another dealer.

OK, enough of that. Back to the G8/Gen. 2 V.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyH View Post
    Numbers aside, I regularly ride in a vendor's 300. It feels very cramped inside for such a large car.
    I agree, the short side windows make the car feel much smaller that it is. However, the numbers don't lie, that G8 is much larger than I thought. Hmmmmmm.

All too many new cars these days has a high belt line. Looks nice from the outside, and makes the cars easier to meet crash worthiness ratings but IMO, it makes the driving experience less enjoyable. You feel like you're sitting in a bucket. Plus on most of these cars, it's virtually impossible to drive with your arm resting on top of the door. Beyond that, I think the interior of the 300 is cramped "feeling" is also due to the huge center tunnel. Love the car, but really aren't fond of the interior.

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    300 is cramped "feeling" is also due to the huge center tunnel. Love the car, but really aren't fond of the interior.
    yeah that too, I could not believe how much bigger the bell housing must be compared to the CTS. Now the one I was in is AWD, but I cant imagine the chassis being different for AWD or RWD.

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

S'got the V2 wheels. Looks like an exact copy.

Front 3/4 shot looks like it has the same exact shape as the Gen 2 CTS. Just new surface details/design cues on top of the same shape.

Take off the surface details and slap that signature CTS grille on there and ya got yourself the Caddy.

I mean, the car looks beautiful and I'm not hatin the performance potential, at all, but I hate it when things are simply rehashed across sister brands.

But then again, I guess designs are pretty much echoed even across different manufacturers. Not too fond of that. Get's old. Bleh.

Nice car though.

Actually, if you look at them both side by side, there's quite a bit of differences in the design. The most obvious is the lower beltline of the Pontiac. Funny how they used the same wheels though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.