Anyone else not in love yet?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Anyone else not in love yet? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; The minute I laid eyes on the first generation CTS-V, I knew I had to have one. I loved the ...
    Poopie D is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V **sold**, 2009 CTS4

Anyone else not in love yet?

The minute I laid eyes on the first generation CTS-V, I knew I had to have one. I loved the interior and even more so, the exterior.

This new generation has not struck me in the same way. I love the interior, I love the specs, power etc., I just cannot appreciate the exterior like I did with the first generation V.

I do not know what it is...it just does not look as "mean" or "sporty" as the first one. I am torn because I just wanted to fall in love with this car like did (and still do) the original. Maybe if I see one in real life I will change.

Anyone else feel the same?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

RightTurn is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts

Re: Anyone else not in love yet?

You definitely need to see one "in real life."

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Brother, I am with you 100%. The first gen. V to me was like adolescent limerence over the older school girl. Just infatuated, and had to have it.

I will reserve final judgment for the gen. 2 V after I see it in person for the first time. Photos don't do these cars, gen. 1 or 2, proper justice.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

I like the looks of the Gen. 2 CTS MUCH better so it follows that I would like the V2 better as well. The interior alone is light-years ahead of the V1 IMO.
    I'm not saying that the exterior is now a home-run for me but I like it much better at least. I also hope they have a better exhaust tone on the V2. The V1 was so uninspiring that I'd have to take it to an exhaust shop virtually right off the dealers lot.

BLACK_CTSV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '04 Raven CTS-V - Maggie'd

Even in pictures, I think I like it more than the 1st gens. I can't wait to take a look at one in person.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The car looks way better in person than in pictures. Lawfive was not a fan until he saw it at NAIAS, and now he loves it.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Just compare the first Gen to the second Gen on the road...any questions?

Norm

Jpjr is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I love my first Gen but the second Gen will literally 0WN our cars every which way on the street. Whenever I drive my Mustang Cobra around town, GT guys have to simply yield out of fear of getting walked hard and embarrased. That is how I would feel pulling up to a 550hp Caddy. = GOT TO GET ONE!!

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I love the interior of the V2, so much of an improvement. The power and exterior speaks for itself and I dream about getting this car in white diamond with black aftermarket 19" wheels with a chrome lip. The one year countdown has started. Now I need to figure out a way to keep my 04 also.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Love the bold look of the '09V, but I still can't shake my even greater love of my '05's exterior. If the new V can't be lowered, say, an inch, it doesn't stand a chance of swaying me over. As far as the interior goes, there's no comparison.

Color? Absolutely LOVE the white diamond, but I gotta tell ya, I'm thinkin' dark ... either black or a charcoal-type color (Thunder Gray if it's offered).

Recaros are without-a-doubt a must!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

I loved the look of my V1.5 (2007) CTS-V and I love the looks of this one too.

OldRoadDawg is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    If the new V can't be lowered, say, an inch, it doesn't stand a chance of swaying me over.
    Aw-w Randy... I'm callin'
    Now that the Mrs has given her blessing, you're already starting to find little flaws on that Gen I sitting in your garage. The hook is in deep.

Quote Originally Posted by rand49er View Post
    (Actually, if this does indeed happen, I'll probably wait till 2010.
    Yeah... uh-huh.

DRKSIDE is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTS-V Black

I used to love... LOVE the C4 vette! Then in 1997 a saw the new "chick" on the block and DAYUM! That ole' girl just didn't get my gears turning like she used to. Then the C6 came on the scene and, well, I got all high again!

I feel the same way about the new V2. That back end sittin way up there makes the nose look like a hound on a hunt! The prospect of a rear end that doesn't snap doesn't hurt and the interior gets rid of the somewhat cheap feel of the V. Love the way she feels inside! Add to that another 150 horses and I'm not so faithful to my current love. I hate it when I try to do something with her and she says "I can't bend that way!" Don't get me wrong, still love my girl but that new ride is fresh and IMHO... sinister!

We still talkin about cars here? (I worked up a sweat!)

At least it isn't like the 50's and 60's when every model year was a different car.

razl is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2006 Cadillac CTS-V Light Platinum

I love the V2 interior, and a lot of the body style of the V2 is a great improvement. But, there's a lot of little things that got polished out that I think are better in the Gen1 - I love how the headlights recede over the top of the hood from the profile, the maw is more menacing, the high beltline that runs from the tail to just over the front wheel well but aligns almost perfectly with the seam line of the front bumper from the profile is awesome (and I don't know why they erased that from the v2). The V2 looks like a sharper, more refined art-and-science - but it lost just a bit of the in-your-face that the gen1 look has.

At the end of the day, yes - the V2 is going to have the huevos and interior that is a major step up from the gen1, but somehow it's lost some of it's randy-ness, it's "in your face"-ness that attracted me to the gen1.

When somebody here traded their CTS-V for an STS-V, a member said something like "you just gave up your big-boob'd blonde bombshell for her smarter, attractive older sister". I kinda feel the same way about the gen1 to gen2 CTS-V. The gen1 is a hottie, the gen2 has got class, brains, and firepower, but is more reserved.

I'll be in awe of the performance of the gen2, but I'll look at the gen1's with a twinkle in my eye.

rand49er is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2005 CTS-V, 2011 Cruze 1.4T 6MT

Quote Originally Posted by OldRoadDawg View Post
    Aw-w Randy... I'm callin'
    Now that the Mrs has given her blessing, you're already starting to find little flaws on that Gen I sitting in your garage. The hook is in deep.

Yeah... uh-huh.
    I'm sayin' I like the current exterior ... always have.

Maybe the new one will "grow on me" ... hafta see.

Every time I see a V1 now, it turns my head ... especially black!

Still worried that Mrs rand49er will change her mind ... ... it's happened before on stuff. Just gotta keep my nose clean ... and the house. Heck, if a woman ever became President ... well ...let's just say I don't wanna even go there. Look out Russia and China you poor bastards!
    '05 CTS-V, Maggie, Kooks, Hotchkis, Ground Control, Corsa, B&M, DSS/Hendrix, Full 3M Clear Bra, Autovation, V Headrests, CTS Console, STS-V 55w Fogs, Black Vette FRCs, Specter Werkes, Katech LS9 Clutch, SS Brake Lines, Heavymetals U-Turn Fuel Line Eliminator, Momo Combat Evo Shift Knob, Wldwhl Clear Sidemarkers, Linea Corse LC855 Wheels or OEM wheels w/'06-'07 Center Caps, plus a couple more. 472 RWHP/411 RWTQ (Mustang Dyno).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.