Anyone else not in love yet? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, Anyone else not in love yet? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by razl When somebody here traded their CTS-V for an STS-V, a member said something like "you just ...
    HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Re: Anyone else not in love yet?

Quote Originally Posted by razl View Post
    When somebody here traded their CTS-V for an STS-V, a member said something like "you just gave up your big-boob'd blonde bombshell for her smarter, attractive older sister". I kinda feel the same way about the gen1 to gen2 CTS-V. The gen1 is a hottie, the gen2 has got class, brains, and firepower, but is more reserved.
    Until you go WOT, and she whips off her top and jumps up on the bar to dance.

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

Quote Originally Posted by razl View Post
    I kinda feel the same way about the gen1 to gen2 CTS-V. The gen1 is a hottie, the gen2 has got class, brains, and firepower, but is more reserved.
    Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    Until you go WOT, and she whips off her top and jumps up on the bar to dance.

Yeah, but the gen. 1 is a little rough around the edges, plus she swallows. The kind of girl you'd think twice about bringing home to momma. I like those girls......

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    I love my first Gen but the second Gen will literally 0WN our cars every which way on the street. Whenever I drive my Mustang Cobra around town, GT guys have to simply yield out of fear of getting walked hard and embarrased. That is how I would feel pulling up to a 550hp Caddy. = GOT TO GET ONE!!
    Fair comparison as long as you're talking an '03-'04 Cobra.

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Jpjr View Post
    I love my first Gen but the second Gen will literally 0WN our cars every which way on the street. Whenever I drive my Mustang Cobra around town, GT guys have to simply yield out of fear of getting walked hard and embarrased. That is how I would feel pulling up to a 550hp Caddy. = GOT TO GET ONE!!
    I'm kind of looking forward to pulling up to some 09's.

CTSV_Rob is online now Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2007 CTS-V Thunder Gray; 2004 Cowboy Cadillac (SRT10)

Wish I could be there to see the race Lunarx. Will be interesting if anyone puts one on the track to see how they have handled the extra weight.

Quote Originally Posted by lunarx View Post
    I'm kind of looking forward to pulling up to some 09's.
    Just noticed you show ownership of a Mallet CTS-V. I see you show power figures in your sig, have you ever had it on a dyno? Went to the Mallet website and was wondering about their specs. Yours has the 7.0 liter engine? So you should be pretty close to the performance level of the V2, right?

lunarx is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 05 Mallett 427 CTS-V, 10 E63 AMG

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Just noticed you show ownership of a Mallet CTS-V. I see you show power figures in your sig, have you ever had it on a dyno? Went to the Mallet website and was wondering about their specs. Yours has the 7.0 liter engine? So you should be pretty close to the performance level of the V2, right?
    The numbers in my sig are from my dyno tuning.
    I would not put numbers w/o a dyno to back it up.
    The Mallett rating is 600FWHP so my 499WHP tends to support something in that range.

I do expect that when I replace the 2.5" Corsa w/ a 3" B&B, that I should get that extra 1 HP, that I need.
    Also, replacing the Fast 78 w/ a Fast 90 should bring things up a bit too.
    But yes, even as it stands now, I suppose one could say an 09V is close in performance level to me.

Hmmm...and what's YOUR car weigh?

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

It's not all about power to weight- you can have all the power you want, but if you can't get it to the ground you're not going to be any faster. Check out this comparo on a Vortech Z06 with 130 more hp than stock (scroll to the bottom for the numbers):

http://www.motortrend.com/features/p..._corvette_z06/

Hopefully PTM, wider tires and the anti-wheelhop measures they've taken in the 2009 V will get it to 60 a lot faster than the Pre-2008's. Throw in an extra 150hp as the icing on the cake.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Over 600hp CTS-V not doing runs at a prepped track like a drag strip runs a 12.4 @ 125

http://www.mallettcars.com/events/20...D-shootout.htm

This is a V1 with 3900 lbs. compared to V2 4300 lbs. and down 50+ hp.

We'll see how much love there is if the electronics can put down the power.

Norm

I have that issue sitting in my office . The Mallett V had a hard time getting traction off the line due to the tires and wheelhop, and their best run was acheived by turning on the Air Conditioning to put more drag on the engine and reduce the power.

Launching a 04-07 CTS-V requires either slipping the clutch and rolling out in first or bogging it and short shifting to second- A stock Gen-1 CTS-V with the ability to hook and go WOT could probably see 4.3 0-60 and mid 12's in the 1/4.

The electronics aren't going to be the biggest factor, but they will help. No whelhop, wider tires and 150 more hp is going to be the magic ticket for the '09 at the drags.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

No doubt about it, unless you can get the power to the pavement, it's useless. That's kind of why I asked the question before about when is it TOO MUCH power?
    Also, I seriously doubt a bone-stock V1 could hit a 4.3sec. 0-60. Don't think I've ever seen anyone get even close to that. Not sure what kind of times a stock V1 can do with better tires (say something like drag radials) but, a 4.3 would be a very good time for that car.

It's not easily measurable, but I'd be willing to bet that I spend at least half a second riding the clutch or spinning the tires every time I try and launch my car hard, so I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that the ability to hook and go could reduce the 0-60 4/10ths from 4.7 to 4.3-.4
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Not sure how much drag racing experience you have but let me tell you a half second in the 1/4 is a TON of time and it's even more in a 0-60 dash.

Believe me, I know. Forgive me for stating the obvious if you've driven a lot of CTS-Vs, but there's a LOT of time wasted getting the car moving forward at launch with the 1st generation. Even with hp and weight being equal, solid launch ability would make a big difference in the V1, so I've got big hopes for the V2 with solid launch capability AND tons more power.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.