2009 Price vs. M3\C63???
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2009 Price vs. M3\C63??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; I see Mercedes finally released the US pricing for the C63 today and it comes in at the same as ...
    Nivek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3

2009 Price vs. M3\C63???

I see Mercedes finally released the US pricing for the C63 today and it comes in at the same as the M3 sedan at $53,800. In fact the C63 base comes in lower than the outgoing C55 base. You can option the M3 into the mid 60s pretty quick and MBUSA does not have the build feature up yet for C63, but I expect them same.

I know there are views both ways on what the CTS competes with, but technically the CTS, 3 and C are all entry level for their brands. If the 2009 V comes in much higher than the above, it will lose sales. M and AMG still have the perception on their side and the above pricing looks like a steal for the performance you get.

I want a 2009 CTS-V, but not at $70,000+. It needs to be fully loaded at $65,000, maybe a little less.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

StealthCTSVJJL is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac CTS V

Re: 2009 Price vs. M3\C63???

Iam pretty sure there will be short list of options on the V, auto tranny, recaros, maybe sunroof. So it will pretty much be loaded already and minimal price increase fully loaded. The M3 and C63 pretty much come with keys as standard equipment, everything else is optional. I suppose this is good if you are looking for a very fast stripper car, but good luck finding one without 10k in options at you local dealer. Remember the V is much bigger and will clearly be quicker and faster than either of those two cars (maybe the C63 will be close), so there shouldn't be a problem selling them, especially with the auto trans. That said, Cadillac needs to do a strong advertising campaign perhaps even showing it pulling away from the M5 and E55 to drive hiome the fact that it is quicker, they also need to do this in it's first year of production, before the next gen twin turbo V-10 M5 and the next gen supercharged E55!

dqw1 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

The V has everything it requires to compete but now it's all up to the pricing.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

The 3 series and C-class are tiny cars compared to the CTS. It may be Cadillac's entry level car, but it's comparable in size to the 5 and E-Class, but is priced at the 3 and C-Class level. Optioning an M5 with the options that come standard on a CTS-V (like rear airbags, intelligent high beams, iPod hookups, Satellite radio and lumbar support) put the MSRP at $91,980.

The question is not whether the CTS-V is worth the same money as an M3- the question is "Is an M5 worth $21,000 more than a CTS-V?" That questions will be easy to answer once the performance numbers for the CTS-V hit the magazines.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

BowenCT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): '04 CTS-V platinum/blk.

And that folks, is why we like to keep Tony around!

b4z
    b4z is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2014 Standard SrX grey/black

Umm, if the V wants to be the fastest sedan in the World it needs to 0-60 in less than 4.1 because I just saw a mag reporting that number for the M3 sedan(not the coupe). Frankly I don't know how BMW can't get a 414 hp to rip off a time like that. Unless all 414 hp is making it to the rear wheels, and even then.......

Nivek is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS Black\Ebony PDQ\FE3

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    The question is not whether the CTS-V is worth the same money as an M3- the question is "Is an M5 worth $21,000 more than a CTS-V?"
    I would like to hear Kate Walsh do the above line and stare at me

I fully expect the V to beat the M5, E63 and S6. I also agree with what people say about the size of the car. It is a 5 series size for a 3 series price and lets keep it that way. It seems like a loaded V in 2007 was around $52,000 and now some are talking around $70,000 for the 2009. Great for you, but bad for me

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

MB will more than likely charge you 6-7,000 dollars just to put the AMG package on their AMG. Their AMG cars base price only includes the base car and the engine. Everything else is an add on, including applicable AMG packages.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Kate Walsh wouldn't have to say to look my way!

Lutz' will be the first to stand up and after the fact admit they were wrong.

My buddy was following me in his C32 AMG and would actually gain by mid turn, but coming out of the turn the extra power would pull away again. And he had an extra person. Smaller and light both the C and 3 are which means better handling. But it is the over all package that makes the car fast on the road course, just not straight line speed.

We'll soon see!

Norm

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    It seems like a loaded V in 2007 was around $52,000 and now some are talking around $70,000 for the 2009.
    That is one point that will be hard for Cadillac to deal with. Hell of a jump for a model update IMO.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by b4z View Post
    Umm, if the V wants to be the fastest sedan in the World it needs to 0-60 in less than 4.1 because I just saw a mag reporting that number for the M3 sedan(not the coupe). Frankly I don't know how BMW can't get a 414 hp to rip off a time like that. Unless all 414 hp is making it to the rear wheels, and even then.......
    An 8000+ redline will help do that. If you can produce an effective torque curve all the way to that high redline, that helps. It also keeps 0-60 runs to one shift, from 1-2...

C63 is faster than an 07 Vette eclipsing the C6 by .2-.3 in both to 60 MPH and 1/4 mile according to C&D. Don't think the bavarian burner will let up at higher speeds either. The C63 makes 20-30 hp/trq and weighs about 500-600 lbs. Looks like V2 has it's work cut out for it!

For the real kicker....it's MSRP is the same as the Vette @ $54,6XX! Hmmm...decisions, decisions....Hey Stealth!!!! What is nice about the Europeans is that they usually have better residuals compared to the domestics.

Norm

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Whatever, it still loses to the M3 according to C&D. Take away the bad launches of the V1, add 150hp and a wider track and wider tires and better shocks and extra nanny controls and the V2 will be that much better of a car than the V1. Might not feel lighter, but it will be much faster.

Faster than a C63. Maybe not from a launch, but close. Then, bye bye C63. And I'm guessing the launches will be better.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    C63 is faster than an 07 Vette eclipsing the C6 by .2-.3 in both to 60 MPH and 1/4 mile according to C&D.
    Norm

Shouldn't you be making your comparisons to an 08 vette (which you could buy months ago), since the C63 is an 08 model ?

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    Shouldn't you be making your comparisons to an 08 vette (which you could buy months ago), since the C63 is an 08 model ?
    Gotcha! LS3 in 08 matches C63 but is $3,000 more expensive than the C63. C6 is still slower according to R&T.

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do...ticleId=123805

http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...rolet_corvette

http://www.roadandtrack.com/article....rticle_id=6172

Looks skunk works is already in progress:

http://mbworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227073

Norm

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.