2009 Price vs. M3\C63??? - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2009 Price vs. M3\C63??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by NormV ...and your supposed to be a salesman? When car prices approach 6-digits you will find the ...
    HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

Re: 2009 Price vs. M3\C63???

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    ...and your supposed to be a salesman? When car prices approach 6-digits you will find the a wiser clientele. They will not put with your mouth full of samples. Better brush up on the product knowledge as V2 has allot of competition in the slushbox category...

Norm
    Are you f'in kidding me?!? You're actually telling Tony to brush up on his product knowledge. He is easily one of, if not the, most knowledgeable user on this forum regarding Cadillac products and their direct competitors. And he's by far the most knowledgeable salesperson I have ever encountered.

Maybe you should work on forming some coherent sentences...
    Of course who knows what M5 really average retail is.
    ...and then get back to us on the product knowledge subject.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Wouldn't it be nice if urb restricted Norm's access to this forum? Cadillac is making an incredible car and all this guy wants to do is rip it. No one has driven it yet. And Norm has never seen it, although a few here, including Tony, have.

So why not save the contrarian crap for when you actually know what you're talking about...

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

This a good comparison thread.

Here is an overview of v2 versus.... which I am sure will be a nice big comparison issue in Car & Driver. I can't believe they called the LSA a "meathead" motor. Ah, we'll see.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...s_v_feature__1

Norm

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

This a good comparison thread.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/...s_v_feature__1

Norm
    I never give much credence to a source that can't get their info straight.

Referencing the 08 STS-V - " Stuff a supercharged V-8 with 440 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque ..."

That sounds more like they read from the 05 press report on the car than actually knowing about it. It's been 469HP since the day it was released two years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    I never give much credence to a source that can't get their info straight.

Referencing the 08 STS-V - " Stuff a supercharged V-8 with 440 horsepower and 430 pound-feet of torque ..."

That sounds more like they read from the 05 press report on the car than actually knowing about it. It's been 469HP since the day it was released two years ago.
    Yeah, their proofreaders have slipped a bit in past years. But that is the XLR-V's specs...

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Yeah, their proofreaders have slipped a bit in past years. But that is the XLR-V's specs...
    Nope- the XLR-V is 443/414. 440/430 is the number Cadillac initially published on the STS-V before SAE Certification, so CIWS is right that whoever wrote the article was referring to an outdated spec sheet.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Nope- the XLR-V is 443/414. 440/430 is the number Cadillac initially published on the STS-V before SAE Certification, so CIWS is right that whoever wrote the article was referring to an outdated spec sheet.
    You sunuvabitch! I back you up and you couldn't just let my faux pas fade into Bolivian? Instead you stab me in the back for your own benefit. I think your brain has squeezed out your hair follicles...

HushH is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Nada

You sunuvabitch! I back you up and you couldn't just let my faux pas fade into Bolivian? Instead you stab me in the back for your own benefit. I think your brain has squeezed out your hair follicles...

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Norm, Price out the Mercedes, the M3, M5 and the CTSV with similar options and get back to us. You are so stupidly stuck on base pricing.

Now whatever prices you come up with for this group of performance Sedans and tell me which one PERFORMS better.

The V will compare in price to the Mercedes and 4 seat M3, it will be a hell of alot cheaper to its closest comparison the M5 and it will out perform all of them.

Take a notch or 2 out of the ball cap, turn it so it is on straight or keep it the way it is and buy an M3.

And for the record I would not touch an STS-V with a 10 foor pole, but that has nothing to do with the new CTS-V's numbers.(no offense to owners)

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

I also love how these superior European engines are so great on fuel.

C63... 457HP (lower than the new V), only 3800lbs (lower than the V) and gets 12mpg in city driving. Seems to me if you drop the V's motor in there you will have a much faster car with almost double the mpg. Tell me again how German engines are better engineered than a Chevy motor.

I think your brain has squeezed out your hair follicles...
    Hey, I'm not bald- that's a solar collector for a sex machine!
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Hey, I'm not bald- that's a solar collector for a sex machine!
    You, sir, are no James Brown...

[YOUTUBE]G3S0dmBI8NI[/YOUTUBE]

xshrpshtr is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Are you high? Never in my life have I read or heard a "salesman" speak so coherently on any technical subject regarding actuall knowledge regarding parts and pieces of the drive train. My sister is a cadillac "salesperson" and I guarrantee you, the next one I buy will be from TONY. Not only does Tony KNOW about what he speaks of but actually owns one too. Other so called "salesmen" on this forum(Pratt) couldn't tell a piston skirt from the one he wears when he gets home. I can tell you I was shocked when I read how much he knew about pistons. I've spoken with master engine builders who knew less technically then Tony. I say "we" are DAMN lucky to have a "salesperson" who truly knows what he speaks of and spends so much of his time sharing his inside track with us.
    Who is the sucker now?

...and your supposed to be a salesman? When car prices approach 6-digits you will find the a wiser clientele. They will not put with your mouth full of samples. Better brush up on the product knowledge as V2 has allot of competition in the slushbox category. I wonder if they are going to allocate V2's like GM allocates Corvettes?

Norm

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Quote Originally Posted by xshrpshtr View Post
    Are you high? Never in my life have I read or heard a "salesman" speak so coherently on any technical subject regarding actuall knowledge regarding parts and pieces of the drive train. My sister is a cadillac "salesperson" and I guarrantee you, the next one I buy will be from TONY. Not only does Tony KNOW about what he speaks of but actually owns one too. Other so called "salesmen" on this forum(Pratt) couldn't tell a piston skirt from the one he wears when he gets home. I can tell you I was shocked when I read how much he knew about pistons. I've spoken with master engine builders who knew less technically then Tony. I say "we" are DAMN lucky to have a "salesperson" who truly knows what he speaks of and spends so much of his time sharing his inside track with us.
    If a salesman had knowledge of car's parts and pieces of the drive train, I would probably steer clear of the car if I wanted something dependable.

The reference was made to knowledge of other cars that might compete for his sales. He showed little interest in learning saying that German car owners should just roll over and take it. Tony knows Cadillacs but not why people like Rick would buy a Beemer because GM would not offer a certain option package. Just too much competition in this segment.

Norm

Ah, I see- the ole' "misunderstanding". Here's what I posted:

Imagine what people would say if the CTS-V looked exactly like a 3.6L and GM made the fascias, rockers, wheels, brakes, etc all optional- it would be an epic roast in all the magazines.

What is it about German car buyers that makes them so agreeable to just rolling over and taking it?
    What I meant was that German car buyers pay a fortune for an AMG model, then pay extra to get the AMG appearance package that should be included- hence, "rolling over and taking it".

Read that again and you'll see I wasn't suggesting that anyone should just accept Cadillac's options, but rather that they get it in the rear from MB and BMW on their pricing structure.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.