2009 Price vs. M3\C63??? - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, 2009 Price vs. M3\C63??? in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Forget the price! That is nappa leather and it is to die for everytime you glide into it. And it ...
    NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Re: 2009 Price vs. M3\C63???

Forget the price! That is nappa leather and it is to die for everytime you glide into it. And it is not just the seating surface like GM cars, it's the whole seat that is wrapped in nappa.

You know what it would costs to rewrap the V1 seats?

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by luxilon View Post
    GNSCOTT,
    Note that the M3 coupe isn't cheaper than the M3 sedan. The MSRP on the M3 sedan is $53800 vs $56500 for the coupe (the sedan doesn't have the carbon fiber roof etc). The M3 is bigger than its previous generation, and yes, leather is still a $950 or $2000 option.

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Not all GM cars have leather only on the "seating surfaces"- take the STS-V for example. Not only is the entire seat wrapped in Semi-Aniline Tuscany leather, but so are the door panels and dash. The standard equipment on the CTS-V is awesome, and blows away the equipment packages on the Germans. Optional leather on an M3? Ha ha- typical BMW. Making items like lumbar, MP3 and navigation optional on an $86,000 M5 is a joke.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

OK, The coupe is cheaper but is it still a 4 seat sedan as compared to a faster 5 seat sedan? Does the V not compare better to the M5 than it does the M3? Sorry, but recaro racing seats compared to any leather in my book is an even trade off. Yes Nav on those cars is a joke, but leather being an option in a $50k+ BMW is even more of a joke. Are you doubting that the M3 will not cost as much as a similarly equipped V? With your logic you have to be a freakin complete moron to spend $90k+ on an M5.

Gee the V is bigger and faster than the M3, but it should cost less with the same options????

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

Quote Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
    On a side note, several people were on the Merc boards were predicting the new C63 was going to be $75,000-$80,000 because of the new engine (shared with the other high $$ AMGs). It came in at $53,800. Have faith.
    You guys keep quoting the base price for the C63. Any AMG that starts at 54K won't finish out with any real equipment on it for less than 65-70. Fully loaded I bet it sees close to 75K.

GNSCOTT is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    You guys keep quoting the base price for the C63. Any AMG that starts at 54K won't finish out with any real equipment on it for less than 65-70. Fully loaded I bet it sees close to 75K.

Caddy can put cloth seats in, remove the DVD, nav and a bunch of other goodies and start it at $54k as well, but I think Caddy realizes that a luxury car should have leather interior and bells and whistles. I doubt that you will see too many base M3's or AMG's sent to the US. Strippers are more for the european market where BMW's are the Chevy there. If you go to somehwere like Italy every other car is a low optioned Mercedes.

CIWS is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2013 BMUU X1 35i Sport, 2006 STS-V--2005 CTS-V ( traded in)

If I buy an AMG vehicle, I would expect it to be outfitted as an AMG from the start since it carries that badging. Not have to spend another 6K+ just to put the AMG package on a car with that name.

Quote Originally Posted by GNSCOTT View Post
    Caddy can put cloth seats in, remove the DVD, nav and a bunch of other goodies and start it at $54k as well, but I think Caddy realizes that a luxury car should have leather interior and bells and whistles. I doubt that you will see too many base M3's or AMG's sent to the US. Strippers are more for the european market where BMW's are the Chevy there. If you go to somehwere like Italy every other car is a low optioned Mercedes.
    Your honor, the prosecution rests.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

Quote Originally Posted by CIWS View Post
    If I buy an AMG vehicle, I would expect it to be outfitted as an AMG from the start since it carries that badging. Not have to spend another 6K+ just to put the AMG package on a car with that name.

Imagine what people would say if the CTS-V looked exactly like a 3.6L and GM made the fascias, rockers, wheels, brakes, etc all optional- it would be an epic roast in all the magazines.

What is it about German car buyers that makes them so agreeable to just rolling over and taking it?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

C63 AMG(no cloth for US) comes standard with perforated leather for $54K. It is a plethora of options from there. Nappa leather optional and so is performance package which raises speed limiter to 300 KPH and gives it compound brakes(yes, two piece rotor and hat brake option).

Caddy shoves the V2 on a plate in front you and says there, we can only make money when we build you can have a...V...in any color you want as long as it's black".

Looks like Stealth will have to take a European delivery V2 if he wants one without a roof.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Tony View Post
    Not all GM cars have leather only on the "seating surfaces"- take the STS-V for example. Not only is the entire seat wrapped in Semi-Aniline Tuscany leather, but so are the door panels and dash. The standard equipment on the CTS-V is awesome, and blows away the equipment packages on the Germans. Optional leather on an M3? Ha ha- typical BMW. Making items like lumbar, MP3 and navigation optional on an $86,000 M5 is a joke.
    Thanks for the highlight as GM tries to compete with the Germans. FYI: Leather is standard for the C63 and Nappa leather can be had in the C63 for under $60K, not $65K like V2.

What leather does the V2 have?

$83K base for the M5. Those are active lumbar supports. I would not laugh too hard as GM thinks the STS-V should sell for $81K. Just an enlarged CTS that will never compete for the numbers againist the M5.

NAV is not on the option list for the M5:

http://www.bmwusa.com/Standard/Conte...ndOptions.aspx

Of course who knows what M5 really average retail is. STS-V after three years are half price. Who is the sucker now?

...and your supposed to be a salesman? When car prices approach 6-digits you will find the a wiser clientele. They will not put with your mouth full of samples. Better brush up on the product knowledge as V2 has allot of competition in the slushbox category. I wonder if they are going to allocate V2's like GM allocates Corvettes?

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Thanks for the highlight as GM tries to compete with the Germans. FYI: Leather is standard for the C63 and Nappa leather can be had in the C63 for under $60K, not $65K like V2.

What leather does the V2 have?

...and your supposed to be a salesman? When car prices approach 6-digits you will find the a wiser clientele. They will not put with your mouth full of samples. Better brush up on the product knowledge as V2 has allot of competition in the slushbox category. I wonder if they are going to allocate V2's like GM allocates Corvettes?

Norm
    GM isn't "trying" to compete with the Germans- they've been trouncing them in comparos as far back as 2004. Read the May 2004 MT when a 3.6L CTS ripped a 5 series with a $15,000 higher price tag in every single category.

Using resale values as a way to prove which car is better is silly, especially considering that 65% the "wiser clientele" you claim to know so much about lease their cars, not purchase them. We're debating the car, not it's resale, and it's pretty telling that the German car snobs are now having to resort to arguing this instead of the merits of the vehicle. The waters have become a little muddied as to which car we're talking about here also, as everything from the C63 to the M3 and M5 have been discussed.

I was going to start this final paragraph "with all due respect", but I only give it when it's warranted- your comment about my product knowledge is not only laughable, but flat out rude. I've been selling high line cars to multi-millionaires and exotic owners for a long time, and all of them tell me that my knowledge if far beyond that of any Lamborghini, Mercedes or Porsche salesperson they've ever encountered. I don't need your little FYIs, or your smug comments.

Why you guys choose to hang around on a Cadillac forum and sing the praises of BMW and MB is beyond me. If you think they're that much better, then hit the road and go hang on a Benz forum.

Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

I would not rip prospective customers like Stealth when he picked a couple year old beemer over the latest caddy. I hope you don't loose a GM customer over option packages like a roof. If you do it is not price or a magazine test result that your up against.

I am glad to see caddy stepping up to the plate. Lincoln is 5 years behind and may never catch up. It is just that pesky Motor Trend comparison that the new CTS lost to a Jap, G35, that irks me.

Norm

I didn't rip Stealth for buying a BMW- in fact, I went out of my way and invested quite a bit of my personal time to try and help him order a car from another Dealer when I stood to gain nothing by doing so. That's the last I have to say on the issue, as this forum is a place to discuss Cadillacs, not me.

BMW makes a fine car, I just think they're horribly overpriced and overrated. I think it's silly to cross a car off your consideration list because of a sunroof, but I'm also the same crazy guy who thinks Satellite radio should be standard in a $90,000 car- different strokes for different folks.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

varrius is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I'm interested to see how much it costs GM to build a CTS-V2.

v84life is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 05CTS-v plat, 07 Escalade quicksilver

How about Taxi's. Went to Germany few years back was picked up at the airport in a 5 series taxi. Then caught a few others during my stay and ended up in 2 Mercedes and another bimmer ...

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.