M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by thebigjimsho Funny how the whole conversation about shocks is 90% you and NormV telling us how these ...
    Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Re: M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by thebigjimsho View Post
    Funny how the whole conversation about shocks is 90% you and NormV telling us how these won't make the V2 a competent handler. All the rest of us are doing is citing these shocks as a help, not a cure for weight.

If you guys stop stating the obvious and acting as though it's a feather in your cap, then maybe the conversation on shocks ends. But I doubt you and Norm can do that...
    Dude, take it easy. I haven't said anything about the shocks until this last post, and that was just to say that I think more is being made of them than should be.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Quote Originally Posted by ylwjacket View Post
    Mostly initiated here by 1-3 people who have no intention of buying it anyways. At least for this person who plans to buy, it just ain't worth arguin' with these folks..
    I agree. This forum is for talking about the new V. Always trying to say the old V is better is disruptive, bordering on trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Base 2008 CTS hit 8:40...on the ring.

Norm
    Wow - that is really fast for a 300 hp sedan! Makes me really excited about the kind of times the V must be pulling already, much less when in production.

urbanski is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 05 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by lusterblade View Post
    Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the negativity on this board. Anyone know how to add people to your ignore list. All I hear is whining from some people that really isn't adding anything and the car isn't even out yet.

(now I'm whining about people whining)
    top left blue bar, user CP, toward bottom left, ignore list

ylwjacket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    I agree. This forum is for talking about the new V. Always trying to say the old V is better is disruptive, bordering on trolling.
    Or almost all of the 100 other cars that are referenced here of late.

CVP33 is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): '04V, '05V, '06SRT8, '10V sedan, '13ZL1 vert, '12 V coupe

Magnetic Shocks - Act as a male enhancement
    Brembo Brakes - Reverse male pattern baldness
    19" wheels with Michelin PS2's - Reduce body fat to less than 1%

These are simple and irrefutable facts. I actually feel sorry for you non-believers. In less than 1 year I will be trolling the streets with a full head of hair, rock solid body and a constant erection. You poor bastards! My goal will be to sleep with 19% of the women in the US. Although that's not a significant number.

Rich H is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2004 CTSV

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    We've all heard about male enhancements - but to think you could turn it on or off in milliseconds - revolutionary!

Quote Originally Posted by Rich H View Post
    We've all heard about male enhancements - but to think you could turn it on or off in milliseconds - revolutionary!
    It's a burden I'm willing to bear, or bare for that matter.

gothicaleigh is offline Cadillac Owners Master
    Automobile(s): Current: None Past: '94 STS, '93 Eldorado, '98 ETC, '03 CTS

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    Only about 5% of CTS-V owners (and that's being generous) really "race" their cars. The other 95% drive to work and back, and enjoy a twisty road on the weekend. Will those 5% ditch the MRC and go with a standard shock? Maybe, but we won't know until someone tests the damn thing!
    I predict that as MRC becomes more widely available, we will see tuners reprogramming it's characteristics as opposed to swapping it for a more conventional system. From what I have read, it can be set to damping rates that rival even the most performance oriented Bilsteins.

The advantage of course is that MRC can imitate full race shocks when you dive into a corner and then switch into "Cadillac float" mode instantly the moment the G's level out for that long straight. I also suspect we will hear many reports stating that it "doesn't feel that fast" alongside impressive performance numbers proving otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Brembo Brakes - Reverse male pattern baldness
    19" wheels with Michelin PS2's - Reduce body fat to less than 1%

These are simple and irrefutable facts. I actually feel sorry for you non-believers. In less than 1 year I will be trolling the streets with a full head of hair, rock solid body and a constant erection. You poor bastards! My goal will be to sleep with 19% of the women in the US. Although that's not a significant number.

You da man!

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    You da man!
    Sad, but true.

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Thought we'd see MRC in the racing circles like venues on Sebring and other rough circuits. But if it is not designed for the track with smooth surfaces, then maybe rallycross where they run on anything but normal surfaces and public roads in all conditions. No luck.

Then I realized that many performance shocks have extra capacity and that MRC has metal which conducts and holds heat so they will not be seen in any racing venue unless they have very large capacity to keep them cool.

Norm
    Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post
    I predict that as MRC becomes more widely available, we will see tuners reprogramming it's characteristics as opposed to swapping it for a more conventional system. From what I have read, it can be set to damping rates that rival even the most performance oriented Bilsteins.

The advantage of course is that MRC can imitate full race shocks when you dive into a corner and then switch into "Cadillac float" mode instantly the moment the G's level out for that long straight. I also suspect we will hear many reports stating that it "doesn't feel that fast" alongside impressive performance numbers proving otherwise.

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Quote Originally Posted by gothicaleigh View Post

I certainly agree the technology has potential. Whether it will make it into racing (beyond well-funded factory teams) remains to be seen.
    What's replacement cost on these babies anyway?

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Thought we'd see MRC in the racing circles like venues on Sebring and other rough circuits. But if it is not designed for the track with smooth surfaces, then maybe rallycross where they run on anything but normal surfaces and public roads in all conditions. No luck.

Then I realized that many performance shocks have extra capacity and that MRC has metal which conducts and holds heat so they will not be seen in any racing venue unless they have very large capacity to keep them cool.

Norm
    Pretty sure they are already being used for offroad racing like the Baja trucks and such. They would make for an ulitmate racing strut though if they could ever fully address the heating issues. These new versions on the V2, ZR1, and 599 are getting very close or they would never have been used on such serious performance vehicles. Particularly on the ZR1. The 599 is considered a GT so probably won't be raced too often.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.