M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; This thread went from objective to subject really quick! You guys Democrats?! Chris posts about performance numbers of the CTS ...
    NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Re: M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting

This thread went from objective to subject really quick!

You guys Democrats?!

Chris posts about performance numbers of the CTS and we're trying to find out where the V2 will end up. I think we're getting close! Good discussion!

Quote Originally Posted by HITMONEY View Post
    I cringe at the thought of how many more months we are going to have to endure this bullshit.

Just the facts and allot to read rather buying based on euphoria and being disappointed as some are with V1.

Under promise and over deliver. Hope GM does the same for those buying the V2.

Norm

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    Just the facts and allot to read rather buying based on euphoria and being disappointed as some are with V1.

Under promise and over deliver. Hope GM does the same for those buying the V2.

Norm
    I think you are taking it a weee bit further than that.

"Porker", "Value Leader"

Then bashing a technology you obviously know nothing about, MRC

It is more than apparent that you dislike the car and come off as though you want to see it fail for reasons only you know.

<shrug>

Jasaero, the only thing I could find was. 8:15 for the M5 and 8:09 for the M6. This was right from the M5 Board.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...ight=nurburing

Do a search for V2 and most are supporting the home team in their second attempt to challenge the Germans.

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by jasaero View Post
    Good comparison! A BIT lighter(V1 weight) and good bit more power to weight, but extremely impressive numbers that are surprising for the weight and wheelbase. We'll see numbers soon enough. Still say it took the Ring in under 8 minutes already.

HiTechRV is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): STS-V the most powerful Cadillac you can buy for now

Guys this is the forum about the new CTS-V. If you just want to post about why the old V is better, maybe the 2004-2007 forum would be a better place for that.

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

MRC/DRC(mag shocks) are not the end all some of you have made it to be.

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/19080.phtml

The thread shows tuner who also races, caddy does not have one currently, says that once you change the spring rates or sway bars might as we'll throw those magnetic shocks in the trash!

Would be neat since the RS4 is already using them if V2 could use the Ohlins stuff?
    Obviously, but the whole point of MRC is so you don't have to use RACECAR aggresive stiffness sway bar and springs to get NEAR race car cornering grip!! That's the whole point of MRC on performance oriented vehicles that also need a comfortable everyday ride.

jasaero is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2004 BLK Cadillac CTS-V

Jasaero, the only thing I could find was. 8:15 for the M5 and 8:09 for the M6. This was right from the M5 Board.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...ight=nurburing

Do a search for V2 and most are supporting the home team in their second attempt to challenge the Germans.

Norm
    http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=34760

They have sources for most of the times, but an outdated video link for the 7:52 M5 time. This was probably not an M5 with stock rubber or even street legal rubber for that matter, but pretty sure the V2 will be in this same realm though if given whatever upgrades that M5 might have had. RS6 or better for sure. Has better weight balance than the RS6, but not quite at M5 balance levels. It'll be in the same league no matter how you look at it.

Base 2008 CTS hit 8:40(8:19 for V1) on the ring.

Norm

Rolex is offline Super Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2008 Nissan Titan, 1996 Jeep Wrangler

Play nice please.
    The above post is my 2 cents....nothing more.

lawfive is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTS-V sedan; 2005 Maggied CTS-V; 2004 Lightning

Aren't they?

Katshot is offline Cadillac Owners Master

Wow, I've missed a lot on this thread!
    I agree the V2 has a decent amount of improvements specifically geared to minimize the penalties of the car's ballooning weight but I think that it's a plan they will not be able to continue for long. You can only make the car so wide, the tires so large, the brakes so big, etc., etc., etc.
    I mean, what's next? 600hp w/4800lb. curb weight? Eventually, the damn thing's gonna have to be as wide as a Hummer with tires bigger than a Viper! Increase power, add weight and try to keep compensating for it? I just don't think it's the smart way to go.
    And my comments about the shocks were mainly meant to point out that IMO, too many people here seem to think they can accomplish things way beyond reality. It's a friggin' shock, nothing more. Like they could make up for all the other suspension components.
    My guess would be that if, and when people start seriously racing these cars, those shocks will be among the first things removed.

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Only about 5% of CTS-V owners (and that's being generous) really "race" their cars. The other 95% drive to work and back, and enjoy a twisty road on the weekend. Will those 5% ditch the MRC and go with a standard shock? Maybe, but we won't know until someone tests the damn thing!

As an aside: I find it sad that there's more pissing about and degrading of this car HERE on the Cadillac Forums then there is on the M5 board. About 80% positive over there, if you care to have a look. Just sad, really.

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/sho...ighlight=cts-v
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

ylwjacket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by The Tony Show View Post
    As an aside: I find it sad that there's more pissing about and degrading of this car HERE on the Cadillac Forums then there is on the M5 board. About 80% positive over there, if you care to have a look. Just sad, really.
    Mostly initiated here by 1-3 people who have no intention of buying it anyways. At least for this person who plans to buy, it just ain't worth arguin' with these folks.

If they intend not to buy, that's fine. But I'm going to fill 15 pages of message board arguing about it with them. They will still be arguing about it on these boards when they get from the new V.

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Quote Originally Posted by Katshot View Post
    Wow, I've missed a lot on this thread!
    I agree the V2 has a decent amount of improvements specifically geared to minimize the penalties of the car's ballooning weight but I think that it's a plan they will not be able to continue for long. You can only make the car so wide, the tires so large, the brakes so big, etc., etc., etc.
    I mean, what's next? 600hp w/4800lb. curb weight? Eventually, the damn thing's gonna have to be as wide as a Hummer with tires bigger than a Viper! Increase power, add weight and try to keep compensating for it? I just don't think it's the smart way to go.
    And my comments about the shocks were mainly meant to point out that IMO, too many people here seem to think they can accomplish things way beyond reality. It's a friggin' shock, nothing more. Like they could make up for all the other suspension components.
    My guess would be that if, and when people start seriously racing these cars, those shocks will be among the first things removed.
    Funny how the whole conversation about shocks is 90% you and NormV telling us how these won't make the V2 a competent handler. All the rest of us are doing is citing these shocks as a help, not a cure for weight.

If you guys stop stating the obvious and acting as though it's a feather in your cap, then maybe the conversation on shocks ends. But I doubt you and Norm can do that...

lusterblade is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast

Honestly, I'm getting tired of all the negativity on this board. Anyone know how to add people to your ignore list. All I hear is whining from some people that really isn't adding anything and the car isn't even out yet.

(now I'm whining about people whining)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.