M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting - Page 4
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
2009-2014 Cadillac CTS-V Performance Mods Discussion, M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting in Cadillac CTS-V Series Forum - 2009-2014; Originally Posted by HiTechRV I predict the new stock CTS-V will beat the old one on the ring. I would ...
    MacOSR is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: M/T COTY Base CTS Test Data - Interesting

Quote Originally Posted by HiTechRV View Post
    I predict the new stock CTS-V will beat the old one on the ring.
    I would second that ;-)

NormV is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): Kooks,MOMO seats,C5 hubs,3489#

Quote Originally Posted by MacOSR View Post
    I would second that ;-)
    8:09 on the Nurburing for the 580 hp RS6!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1

Norm

SRT8/BMW is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

so, a 4400 lb. car can do fairly well on the ring..??

The Tony Show is offline See you in the funny papers
    Automobile(s): 04 CTS-V, 05 STS, 07 SRX- All sold :(

Quote Originally Posted by NormV View Post
    8:09 on the Nurburing for the 580 hp RS6!

http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do....photopanel..1

Norm
    How many more threads are you going to post this in?
    Rest in Peace, J.D. (aka Dirt_Cheap_Fleetwood)

MRC/DRC(mag shocks) are not the end all some of you have made it to be.

http://forums.audiworld.com/rs4b7/msgs/19080.phtml

The thread shows tuner who also races, caddy does not have one currently, says that once you change the spring rates or sway bars might as we'll throw those magnetic shocks in the trash!

Would be neat since the RS4 is already using them if V2 could use the Ohlins stuff?

Quote Originally Posted by SRT8/BMW View Post
    so, a 4400 lb. car can do fairly well on the ring..??

Cadillac Tony is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Cadillac first used Delphi's MRC on the '02 STS- if performance oriented marques like Audi and Ferrari are licensing the technology, you know it's good.

The article you link to is a blatant advertisement for their product, so of course they're going to rave about how great and how much better than stock it is. Also, changing to a traditional valved shock and stiffer spring will remove the drag launch recognition that the MRC provides. Here's a novel idea- why don't we wait to see some performance figures and drive the car before talking about ditching the stock suspension?
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

If you what Ohlins cost and how they perform you'd be on soap box about them also.

I think we pretty much narrowed the performance measure as in that thread they even mention failures also. So there might be a delay on V2.

The MRC tech was used in the 80's on the Corvette too.

I'd bet that RS6 in previous post is running MRC also and only ran a 8:09 on the 'ring.

The V2 will still be the value leader in it's category, just nothing more and still behind the Vette.

Norm

Wow- you are really out in left field on this one.

Of course it will be "behind" the Corvette in terms of performance- in case you missed the press release, it's a 4-door Luxury Performance Sedan. It will never compete with the Corvette, nor is it intended to. Why some of you feel the need to compare the two just because of the LSx engine connection is beyond me. Also, MRC was first used in a production vehicle by Cadillac on the 2002 STS- it was never used in a Corvette in the 80's.

The CTS-V will be far more than the "Value Leader" in the class but you'll never admit it, even when the instrumented tests prove you wrong.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

The views and opinions of this poster are solely his own and do not represent those of Plaza Cadillac

thebigjimsho is offline Cadillac Owners 10000+ Posts
    Automobile(s): ZIP

Funny how the vast majority here are hopeful and excited but obviously very dumb, since NormV and katshot KNOW the new CTS-V will handle like cow udder sludge.

Tell you what guys, why not wait until this car is driven before you declare it a land barge...

Does the second Gen base CTS use MRC?

If so, impressive performance!

Norm

Quote Originally Posted by CVP33 View Post
    Did anyone read the Motor Trend Car of the Year test data? Very interesting what the base CTS is able to do. It posted .89g's in the skidpad, 26.40 figure 8 time, which matched the Audi TT and beat the WRX! The .89g's really impressed me with only 235/50/18's. Imagine what more width and less sidewall will do for this. I know this isn't the same, but this IS pretty telling of what the new V may be capable of doing.

From the road test of the 599 GTB Fiorano on Winding Road:

Quote Originally Posted by David A Davis Jr.
    After two hours on the crowded autostradas, with their uncomfortable speed differentials and closing rates, we slipped off onto the two-lanes and struck the mother of all winding roads—a hill-climb course from years gone by that just seemed to go on forever with each perfect turn blending into the next. It was here that we enjoyed the best demonstration of the GM/Delphi/Ferrari MagneRide technology ever. We’ve driven Corvettes with this very advanced electro-magnetic ride control system, as well as a number of demonstrations in a variety of prototypes ranging from sedans to SUVs, but the dash up this Italian mountain in this brand new Ferrari was the clincher. The 599 sat square on its wheels and accommodated every kind of surface imperfection. It responded to steering inputs with micrometer precision. Turn-in was sharp and direct, and the car seemed to know the exact trajectory required to negotiate each turn. Driver and passenger are constantly in touch with the tires. There are moments when you think you can actually read centrifugal force pushing the tires outward, and electro-mechanically managed traction pushing back.

It is curious that so few writers have mentioned the GM/Delphi connection in describing this electro-magnetic suspension control system. Obviously, Chairman Montezemolo felt no such diffidence. As he said, they wanted the best, and they went to General Motors. We have actually seen an American journalist choke on his beer when told that the best Ferrari built (so far) is running around on a Detroit-developed suspension-control system.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

atdeneve is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur

Oooh, the burn.

Your right Tony!

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/02/21/au...n=&oref=slogin

Looks like MRC is used in caddy, corvette, buick, and even in truck driver seats! It was the electronically controlled shocks that were used in the Vette that I was thinking of.

Time will tell but looks like this is nothing new but a better way to control the new porkers!

Kat, others, and myself are just realist since the info is already out there.

Norm

HITMONEY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 02 DTS NightVision "Sled"; Waiting For The Coup

If you what Ohlins cost and how they perform you'd be on soap box about them also.

I think we pretty much narrowed the performance measure as in that thread they even mention failures also. So there might be a delay on V2.

The MRC tech was used in the 80's on the Corvette too.

I'd bet that RS6 in previous post is running MRC also and only ran a 8:09 on the 'ring.

The V2 will still be the value leader in it's category, just nothing more and still behind the Vette.

Norm

I cringe at the thought of how many more months we are going to have to endure this bullshit.

Your right Tony!

Time will tell but looks like this is nothing new but a better way to control the new porkers!

Kat, others, and myself are just realist since the info is already out there.

Norm
    Not many people would consider a ZR-1 or a 599 GTB a "porker", but whatever you say, man. You're correct that "the info is out there", and all the info on MRC shows that it's an amazing technology that helps ride, handling and launch ability.

Kat, others and yourself aren't realists- you're pessimists. I don't know if it's model year envy or ignorance, but there's no reason to constantly deride a car that no one has driven yet, especially when the specs look so promising.

It absolutely blows my mind that a forum can be so full of negativity before the first official performance spec is even published.
    Tony Pagano
    Sales Manager
    Plaza Cadillac
    Leesburg, FL
    (352)787-1323

www.cadillactony.com

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.